COTY, MVP, Rookie Of The Year.

Steely Dan

Who Is Your COTY  

61 members have voted

1. 1. COTY Choices

• Tony Sparano (1-15 to 11-5)
    • John Harbaugh (Got Bmore to the playoffs with rookie QB and RB by committee.)
    • Jeff Fisher (Best record in the NFL despite shaky QB situation at the beginning of the year)
    • Tony Dungy (Turned team around after poor start)
    • Tom Coughlin (Has improved the Giants from last year and hasn't let them get complacent)
    • Mike Smith (Turned Falcons around and took a rookie QB and got to the playoffs.)
    • John Fox (Took Panthers to a tie for second best record in the NFL)
    • Mike Tomlin (Has Pittsburgh in the playoffs this year)
    • Brad Childress (Managed to get Vikings to the playoffs)
    • Ken Whisenhunt (Miracle worker, got the Cardinals into the playoffs)
    • Other
  2. 2. League MVP

• Adrian Peterson
    • Chad Pennington
    • Joe Flacco
    • Kerry Collins
    • Peyton Manning
    • Eli Manning
    • Matt Ryan
    • Kurt Warner
    • Matt Forte
    • Drew Brees
    • Andre Johnson
    • Other
  3. 3. Rookie of the year.

• Matt Ryan
    • Joe Flacco
    • Matt Forte
    • Leodis McKelvin
    • Chris Johnson
    • Steve Slaton
    • Eddie Royal
    • DeSean Jackson
    • Jerod Mayo
    • Jason Jones
    • Trevor Scott
    • Other

Sparano, Peyton Manning, & Matt Ryan.

I really think the Colts were a different team when Manning wasn't in game shape. Plus with Addai hurt a lot this year and Marvin Harrison not the same receiver, Manning is clearly the guy that they couldn't do without.

CoTY: Mike Smith. Stepped into a very bad situation in Atlanta with the Ron Mexico saga and the last HC walking out after less than a season and turned the Falcons into a playoff team, almost getting the #2 seed. Sparano did a great job too I went with Smith over Sparano because: A) Sparano's a dolphin coach B) The 2007 Dolphins had more talent than a 1-15 team but had exceptionally pisspoor Jauron level coaching and C) Shadow of Parcells

MVP: Peyton Manning. Pretty self explanatory

RoTY: Matt Ryan. Again, pretty self explanatory

CoTY: Mike Smith. Stepped into a very bad situation in Atlanta with the Ron Mexico saga and the last HC walking out after less than a season and turned the Falcons into a playoff team, almost getting the #2 seed. Sparano did a great job too I went with Smith over Sparano because: A) Sparano's a dolphin coach B) The 2007 Dolphins had more talent than a 1-15 team but had exceptionally pisspoor Jauron level coaching and C) Shadow of Parcells

MVP: Peyton Manning. Pretty self explanatory

RoTY: Matt Ryan. Again, pretty self explanatory

Ditto

Sparano, Peyton Manning, & Matt Ryan.

I really think the Colts were a different team when Manning wasn't in game shape. Plus with Addai hurt a lot this year and Marvin Harrison not the same receiver, Manning is clearly the guy that they couldn't do without.

That brings up an interesting question. Some people define MVP as the player most important to their teams success and others think it means the best player in the league.

I come down on the most valuable to their teams success.

That brings up an interesting question. Some people define MVP as the player most important to their teams success and others think it means the best player in the league.

I come down on the most valuable to their teams success.

I agree Steely (wow, mark the calendar), but in this case I thinks that both definitions fit with Manning. You could make a convincing argument for Manning over Peterson, Harrison, just about anyone really . . .

I am in the extreme, extreme minority about this, but I actually vote for Chris Johnson as rookie of the year, and not one of the QB's.

It is extremely rare that a QB can come in as a rookie and have their team be successful, and both of them, especially Ryan, have done fantastic jobs. That said, they haven't been the reason their teams are winning. Ryan has certainly had the better season of the two, but it doesn't take an MVP to hand the ball off to the 2nd leading rusher in the league. Flacco has that Baltimore defense.

The two of them have managed games this year and let the team around them make the plays and win. Ryan has made some plays here and there, but both of them focus more on not messing up than being the playmaker. I think if you took them off their respective teams, both teams would still have success. However, I can't say the same about the Titans and Chris Johnson.

The Titans offense depends on the QB to manage the game also, and let the running game and defense take over. As a rookie, while carrying most of the load on offense, Johnson ran for over 1,200 yards, at 5yds a carry, and 10 total TDs. He also had 43 receptions for 260 yards and a TD. They use Lendale White on the goaline, and Johnson still had 10 TDs. You take him off that team and they are nowhere near as successful.

He means more to the Titans than Ryan or Flacco mean to their teams, AND has put up better individual numbers at his position.

I am in the extreme, extreme minority about this, but I actually vote for Chris Johnson as rookie of the year, and not one of the QB's.

It is extremely rare that a QB can come in as a rookie and have their team be successful, and both of them, especially Ryan, have done fantastic jobs. That said, they haven't been the reason their teams are winning. Ryan has certainly had the better season of the two, but it doesn't take an MVP to hand the ball off to the 2nd leading rusher in the league. Flacco has that Baltimore defense.

The two of them have managed games this year and let the team around them make the plays and win. Ryan has made some plays here and there, but both of them focus more on not messing up than being the playmaker. I think if you took them off their respective teams, both teams would still have success. However, I can't say the same about the Titans and Chris Johnson.

The Titans offense depends on the QB to manage the game also, and let the running game and defense take over. As a rookie, while carrying most of the load on offense, Johnson ran for over 1,200 yards, at 5yds a carry, and 10 total TDs. He also had 43 receptions for 260 yards and a TD. They use Lendale White on the goaline, and Johnson still had 10 TDs. You take him off that team and they are nowhere near as successful.

He means more to the Titans than Ryan or Flacco mean to their teams, AND has put up better individual numbers at his position.

You make a very strong case for him. It makes me think I may have voted wrong. :censored:

Oh!

?

How can you have Collins and Forte on the MVP list, yet leave off M. Turner form Atlanta? You want to know why a rookie HC is winnning with a rookie QB? Look no further than Turner.

Good point. I guess we'll just have to cover him under the "other" category but I should have put him up there.