What We Need In a Coach

scribo

I think it is clear that Jauron needs to clear out his desk this week.

So what do we need in his replacement?

The number one thing we need, in my humble opinion, is a coach who has confidence in himself, his coordinators and his players.

Likewise, our next head coach needs to expect and demand a great deal from himself, his coordinators and his players.

Our next head coach cannot be intimidated by Bellycheat, Tuna and whoever the Jests bring in (Cower?). Our division opponents are some of the best run teams in the league. I can understand how someone who isn't sure of himself could slip into an "avoid losing" mindset rather than a "just win" attitude. But the next head coach needs to have the smarts and the confidence to break away from that.

Our next head coach needs to bring in an offensive coordinator who can prepare Edwards to become the field general. The Glory Years Bills didn't make it big until they reached the point where Kelly was ready to be handed the keys.

Our next head coach needs to feel comfortable taking risks -- well-thought-out risks, but risks, nonetheless.

Our next head coach needs to have a nasty streak. That's the mindset needed to counter the Pats* and the stinkin' fish. The Giants did it last year because they were just meaner. We have a corp group of players with the nastiness needed, now we just need a coach to unleash them.

It seems the players just weren't fired up in the beginning of games. I think our next head coach needs to be a better motivator, too.

Finally, our next head coach needs to understand AFC East football.

I think it is clear that Jauron needs to clear out his desk this week.

So what do we need in his replacement?

The number one thing we need, in my humble opinion, is a coach who has confidence in himself, his coordinators and his players.

Likewise, our next head coach needs to expect and demand a great deal from himself, his coordinators and his players.

Our next head coach cannot be intimidated by Bellycheat, Tuna and whoever the Jests bring in (Cower?). Our division opponents are some of the best run teams in the league. I can understand how someone who isn't sure of himself could slip into an "avoid losing" mindset rather than a "just win" attitude. But the next head coach needs to have the smarts and the confidence to break away from that.

Our next head coach needs to bring in an offensive coordinator who can prepare Edwards to become the field general. The Glory Years Bills didn't make it big until they reached the point where Kelly was ready to be handed the keys.

Our next head coach needs to feel comfortable taking risks -- well-thought-out risks, but risks, nonetheless.

Our next head coach needs to have a nasty streak. That's the mindset needed to counter the Pats* and the stinkin' fish. The Giants did it last year because they were just meaner. We have a corp group of players with the nastiness needed, now we just need a coach to unleash them.

It seems the players just weren't fired up in the beginning of games. I think our next head coach needs to be a better motivator, too.

Finally, our next head coach needs to understand AFC East football

There is one guy in Buffalo right now who has experience in the NFL(Green Bay), is a proven winner at the College Level(Nebraska and Buffalo) and is one of the hottest coaching comodities around. Never mind the Rooney Rule. In all the threads I have read not one person has even mentioned his name. UB Head Coach Turner Gill.

How about someone who doesn't pee his pants on Sunday and think every minute of every game is a crisis.

If hell does indeed freeze over, I hope the Bills hire either Parcells or Cowher.

If not, then I hope they find a fearless young guy like Raheem Morris or Josh McDaniels.

BTW, how in the world is Dick Jauron still our coach as we speak?

How about someone who doesn't pee his pants on Sunday and think every minute of every game is a crisis.

If hell does indeed freeze over, I hope the Bills hire either Parcells or Cowher.

If not, then I hope they find a fearless young guy like Raheem Morris or Josh McDaniels.

BTW, how in the world is Dick Jauron still our coach as we speak?

Because Ralph Wilson is notorious for sitting on his hands until all the good choices are gone. Then he will find a bargain basement-Walmart-Costco-discount-PoS- to lure fans back into spending their hard earned cash on his crap product.

The front office-- President= Ralph Wilson JR,owner

General Manager= empty all season

Fans=stupid to purchase season tickets