The Offensive Offense

Mularkey

Here we are yet again Bills fans and although the team/franchise has many many issues this post will focus on our pathetic offense. First of all, the O has some play makers. Lee Evans is a top notch receiver, Lynch and Freddy are a solid RB duo and Trent is a game manager capable of making some plays and has potential to be a good NFL QB. Also, the line has come around and is above average in the league. Obviously we have no tight ends on this team worthy of starting on most teams and our receiving core is young and/or slightly below average compared to the rest of the NFL with the exception of Lee. With all of this considered one has to wonder why the talent on this team is so inconsistent and under utilized? One has to point the finger at Turk and Jauron. The play calling is vanilla and they can not seem to get the ball into Lee's hands. Now, I know he is being doubled and teams focus on him since Reed, Roscoe, Hardy and Johnson are not solid number 2's on most teams. I watch other games around the league and see QB's taking shots down the field. Throwing the ball in the end zone and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but for god's sake they try to score touchdowns in the air. They simply do not and teams know this. Trent checks down or the short pass plays are called. They need to go down the field and I really don't care who is out there, find a way to have 30 yard or more pass plays multiple times in just about every game. Obviously when the weather plays a factor than I can understand this a bit but it really gets old and I think this is a big reason for the Bills being who they are--average.

So in short they do need some more talent on the offense but they have talent that is wasted game after game. It is time to change the mind set of the franchise and become offense minded and play sound D but play to win and go for the throat. Sadly, without leadership changing (clean house in the front office and coaching staff) I see this repeating over and over. As a Bills fan I am ever optimistic but in reality I'm a fool. :unsure: Thoughts?