Ok, forget Spagnuolo, let's hire Schottenheimer

ACor58

Played for the Bills.

Memember of the 1965 AFL Championship Team

He is cursed as a head coach

We are cursed as a franchise

AJ Smith fired him

We fired AJ Smiths boss

Am I crazy or are the stars starting to align.

At least he knows what he's doing in the regular season.

Maybe his reputation reflects the opposite point of view in the playoffs, but at this point I desperately want a team with a competent coaching staff and a playoff run. It wouldn't crush me to lose in the first round, just as long as we get there because I think we could all agree that with the current line-up, it seems so far away.

We need a guy who knows talent. Marty wouldn't tolerate 2nd stringers like Kelsay, Ellison, and the list goes on. Guys who are capable wouldn't be waiting until the 13th week in the season to start.

Isn't it possible that even good coaches lose theirm mo-jo? Marty was in Washington and SD and didn't exactly light up the football world or is my memory that hazy? He might be great in a front office type of situation like BP in Miami, but I am wary of retred coaches, even good ones.

Maybe we could hire Schottenheimer, and once we get to the playoffs, fire him right after the last game, get Marv to coach us through the post-season, and then right after the AFC Championship game, fire Marv and hire Jimmy Johnson for the Super Bowl. Then after we win the Super Bowl, rehire Marty again, and promise we won't do the same thing again, but have our fingers crossed behind our backs.

Isn't it possible that even good coaches lose theirm mo-jo? Marty was in Washington and SD and didn't exactly light up the football world or is my memory that hazy? He might be great in a front office type of situation like BP in Miami, but I am wary of retred coaches, even good ones.

He took SD from 4-12 in 2003 to 14-2 in 2006, and was fired for his trouble

Sure he can't win a playoff game to save his life, but at this point he's better than most other options

Marty Ball is a perfect fit for Buffalo weather! Sign him and let him bring in his son as OC.

Not that I am against Marty Head Coach but lets be realistic. As we speak he currently talking to or in negotiations with the Kansas City Chiefs to be a VP or a position similar to the position Parcells has in Miami. So do we really think Ralph the cheap bastard that he is will out bid the Chiefs for Marty? Truthfully the answer is already in our backyard. This guy has NFL experience(Green Bay), has won at the collegiate level including 3 National Championships as both as a player and a coach(Nebraska, Buffalo) has head coaching experience at the collegiate level(Buffalo) and has a great track record at turning both programs (Buffalo) and quarterbacks around and making them productive winners(Tommie Frazier and Heisman Trophy winner Eric Crouch). So the most obvious, affordable option to me is.......

Turner Gill

Maybe we could hire Schottenheimer, and once we get to the playoffs, fire him right after the last game, get Marv to coach us through the post-season, and then right after the AFC Championship game, fire Marv and hire Jimmy Johnson for the Super Bowl. Then after we win the Super Bowl, rehire Marty again, and promise we won't do the same thing again, but have our fingers crossed behind our backs.

Perfect!

Turner Gill...

....who (I believe) just signed an extension with UB. He should be there for a while.

If we presume Jauron gets the heave, we don't know who the "best fit" would be. But as far as candidates, I would prefer that we see the following get their shot here, in no particular order:

Steve Spagnuolo

Jim Schwartz

Bobby April

Jim Fassel

Ron Rivera

Raheem Morris

Morris likely won't be interested, as he just got promoted to Bucs' DC, but it never hurts to see if he is interested.

And we should stop assuming that a hot coordinator won't want to come here because they'd want a ton of money. First, you never know what they want. Second, they may kill for a chance at being head coach somewhere.

Not that I am against Marty Head Coach but lets be realistic. As we speak he currently talking to or in negotiations with the Kansas City Chiefs to be a VP or a position similar to the position Parcells has in Miami. So do we really think Ralph the cheap bastard that he is will out bid the Chiefs for Marty? Truthfully the answer is already in our backyard. This guy has NFL experience(Green Bay), has won at the collegiate level including 3 National Championships as both as a player and a coach(Nebraska, Buffalo) has head coaching experience at the collegiate level(Buffalo) and has a great track record at turning both programs (Buffalo) and quarterbacks around and making them productive winners(Tommie Frazier and Heisman Trophy winner Eric Crouch). So the most obvious, affordable option to me is.......

Turner Gill

I'll back this. Who do we contact to put the ball in motion???

....who (I believe) just signed an extension with UB. He should be there for a while.

If we presume Jauron gets the heave, we don't know who the "best fit" would be. But as far as candidates, I would prefer that we see the following get their shot here, in no particular order:

Steve Spagnuolo

Jim Schwartz

Bobby April

Jim Fassel

Ron Rivera

Raheem Morris

Morris likely won't be interested, as he just got promoted to Bucs' DC, but it never hurts to see if he is interested.

And we should stop assuming that a hot coordinator won't want to come here because they'd want a ton of money. First, you never know what they want. Second, they may kill for a chance at being head coach somewhere.

You are right he is under contract until 2013. He is one of the highest paid coaches in the MAC. Which means nothing..... Should be easy to compensate the University for hiring the right coach.

Schwartz's defenses have been notoriously successful on third down against the run. He does, however, continue to receive criticism from Tennessee Titans fans who blame him for the decline of their once dominating defense.

Rivera’s coaching train pulled into San Diego from Chicago where he coordinated one of the NFL’s top defenses from 2004-06. En route to an appearance in Super Bowl XLI, Chicago led the NFL with 44 takeaways in 2006, while finishing fifth in the league in total defense and third in scoring defense. In 2005 the Bears won their first of two consecutive NFC North titles and ranked second in the NFL in total defense.

Second choice......

Rivera