Our Biggest problem On Offense

maverick544

I would like to see this team with good coaching to honestly be able to evaluate it. This is a very poorly coached team, maybe the worst coached in history(at least my history of watching). I have seen bad teams that lacked talent and they just plain sucked. But this team, while not SB caliber, is better than their record indicates. Yesterday, with the conditions as such, the two teams were as equal as can be talent wise and the Bills were just out coached. On a nice day, I think Cassel runs and passes all over the Bills. But yesterday, plain and simple, coaching was the difference.

They were likely worse than you think. With close games over Oakland, St. Louis, and Jacksonville--all drafting ahead of the Bills in 2009--the Bills were nearly a 4 win team.

The Bills had a JV schedule this year outside the division. Does anyone honestly think they could have competed with Pittsburgh, Tennessee, the Giants, Baltimore, etc.?

while our interior line could be better, since we can run the ball well on anyone i think the issue is more about our big play and scoring ability. we need a playmaker on O.

i agree about our OC, it really is just terrible.

We need to sign TJ Hous from the Bengals as our #1 WR complimenting Evans as the speed threat....Reed should move to the slot. TJ will be our every down playmaker.

This is hard to say w/o seeing Cassel play in another offense. The way he played this year has raised questions about whether or not Tom Brady is really that good...or if he's a product of a system.

Nevertheless, Cassel's agent is probably the happiest guy on the planet right now.

thats basically what I was trying to say...its ridiculous to think just because Cassel looked good this season, playing for Billicheat, that he'd be better then Trent in Buffalo..or that he'd be a starter on any other team...It's looking like Billicheat is the Shanahan of QB's

I would like to see this team with good coaching to honestly be able to evaluate it. This is a very poorly coached team, maybe the worst coached in history(at least my history of watching). I have seen bad teams that lacked talent and they just plain sucked. But this team, while not SB caliber, is better than their record indicates. Yesterday, with the conditions as such, the two teams were as equal as can be talent wise and the Bills were just out coached. On a nice day, I think Cassel runs and passes all over the Bills. But yesterday, plain and simple, coaching was the difference.

Interesting you say that, because while watching the game that's exactly what I was saying to myself.

The wind served to be a great equalizer. The big offensive threats of the Pats* were grounded. The kicking/return game of the Bills was nullified. The game became quite simple - run the ball, stop the run. But on numerous occasions you witnessed the difference in coaching. The decisions to punt vs going for it. When to try the field goal/when not. How to use your timeouts. When to throw and HOW to use that short pass when you know the entire defense is within 10 yards of the LOS. Creativity in the play calling even though everyone knows you're going to run.

Yesterday was the absolute final nail for me. It was painfully obvious how under prepared our team was in comparison to the Pats*. The in game decisions were marked with confusion and and looks of helplessness. A new coaching staff may not be better, but I find it hard to believe that they can be worse.

Our Center!!!!!!!!!!!!

For us to be successful we need to pickup the Biggest, Baddest FA Center or Draft one!

Trent need better protection in the middle and Marshawn needs more room!

Your Thoughts?

I AGREE. I WATCHED PRESTON MOST OF THE GAME AND HE SUCKS DICK.

ALSO WE NEED A TIGHT END THAT CAN CATCH THE !@#$ING BALL.

HOW MANY HAS ROYAL DROPPED AT CRUCIAL TIMES? TO MANY.

I think the biggest problem on the field is the O-Line. If you look at the successful Bills' O-Lines of the past, or any NFL line for that matter, O-line cohesiveness begins and ends with the center. The last great Bills O-line had Kent Hull. The center often makes the protection calls, has to be flawless on the snap, often deals with two pass rushers, and is usually lined up against someone like Pat Williams on running plays. So the center has to be big, strong, and fast. I think it's the toughest position to play on the O-Line, even over left tackle. Duke tries hard, but seems to implode under pressure. Yesterday's shoving match cost the team dearly, although I can understand that having to deal with all the Pats' dirty tricks would get really irritating.

As far as coaching, it could be the HC or the OC, depending on who's responsible for the calls. But the HC is ultimately responsible, and going from 5-1 to 7-9 is unacceptable.

So the problem isn't replacing Jauron, but rather who do you replace him with? How many of the staff gets let go? How do you analyze the performance of the coaching staff when they ultimately have to follow the orders of the HC?