Sully cooks DJ......again....

SKOOBY

Just minutes earlier, another long, exasperating Bills season had come to a merciful conclusion with a 13-0 loss to the Patriots. Dick Jauron, the embattled head coach, stepped up to the microphone and these were the first words out of his mouth:

"Obviously, a really interesting day weather-wise," he said.

Boy, that Jauron, he sure knows how to work a room. Interesting weather, indeed. I'm sure all the Bills fans out there were glued to their television sets, mesmerized by their team's latest embarrassment at the hands of Bill Belichick and the hated Patriots.

Oh, yes. It was interesting to watch a team start out 5-1 and proceed to lose eight of its last 10. It's interesting, how Jauron's team managed to go 0-6 in the AFC East, in a year when Tom Brady went down in the opener and the division was suddenly up for the taking.

The most interesting thing of all? That Jauron, already on the hot seat for his game-day coaching, could put a big, fat cherry on the season's final Sunday, a classic failure of clock management and uninspired leadership that just might get him fired.

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns...ory/534698.html

Why is this a shock? Dick Jauron was coaching for his job and failed. There isn't a single pressure situation that Jauron has succeeded in. He is incapable. But he'll be back because Ralph doesn't want to deal with more change.

PTR

In his best ieatcrayonz voice: "Yeah, because according to you, Jerry Sullivan now runs the Bills, so Ralph must let him walk!"

:unsure:

Jauron....nice guy.....just doesn't have command of the game on Sundays and wilts when its decision time. He would burn a timeout at the McDonalds drive through trying to figure out what sauce he wants with his nuggets

Jauron....nice guy.....just doesn't have command of the game on Sundays and wilts when its decision time. He would burn a timeout at the McDonalds drive through trying to figure out what sauce he wants with his nuggets

To be fair... they're all really good sauces and it's really tough to pick any sauce on the menu. They're all just so good. You really have to give McD's a lot of credit for that. It's not that you want nuggets with no sauce on them. But, it is tough.

I was watching the game in the Rochester airport...man, that 4th and 5 run by Cassell...we friggin suck. So was running a running play at the end of the 2nd with less than 30 seconds on the clock. These guys are terrible. I may have to adopt San Diego as a second team, because these Bills are hopeless.

But, I will add, Fred Jackson rules. Knowing this team, somehow they'll let him go.

"But Jauron was content to go to halftime with a 3-3 tie.

That's the most troubling thing, even more than the brutal clock management or the poor communication. In the final game of the season, with nothing to lose, with a chance to let it all hang out, Jauron wasn't thinking touchdown. He was reaching for the low standard, just like his owner." - Jerry Sullivan

I just want to strangle Dick Jauron so bad.

I have to agree with Sully here even though my expectations yesterday were pretty low. The staff's approach to this game was certainly not consistent with that of a team with nothing to lose. They coached and played afraid. Afraid to make mistakes, afraid to take chances, afraid of big bad Bill. At the end of the 1st half they had 2 timeouts plus the 2 minute warning and 4:16 on the clock. They ran 11 plays, most of them rushing plays with the wind at their backs. Three of the passes were check downs to the TE for minimal yardage. And they wasted up to 40 seconds between plays on 2 occasions I can recall. It looked to me like the offense never practices the 2 minute drill. The staff was content with playing for a FG attempt to tie the game at the half. Only when the game was out of reach did the play calling open things up. Too late.

But this all seems like Juron's standard mode of operation, play not to lose, keep it close, and hope to pull it out. If Wilson is commited to improving the staff by bringing in someone with a high level of competence (and hoepfully experience) I say make the change at HC. But if he's going to bring in another second tier head coach why make the change from one dud to another?

C'mon Ralph. Play to win....

"But Jauron was content to go to halftime with a 3-3 tie.

That's the most troubling thing, even more than the brutal clock management or the poor communication. In the final game of the season, with nothing to lose, with a chance to let it all hang out, Jauron wasn't thinking touchdown. He was reaching for the low standard, just like his owner." - Jerry Sullivan

I just want to strangle Dick Jauron so bad.

I said the same thing...we weren't trying to get a TD but a FG...WHY????

To be fair... they're all really good sauces and it's really tough to pick any sauce on the menu. They're all just so good. You really have to give McD's a lot of credit for that. It's not that you want nuggets with no sauce on them. But, it is tough.

Ah, but the sauce decision is to be made before approaching the drive-thru. In other words, DJ needs to have a situational chart on what to do in certain situations instead of the deer-in-the-headlights look.

Just minutes earlier, another long, exasperating Bills season had come to a merciful conclusion with a 13-0 loss to the Patriots. Dick Jauron, the embattled head coach, stepped up to the microphone and these were the first words out of his mouth:

"Obviously, a really interesting day weather-wise," he said.

Boy, that Jauron, he sure knows how to work a room. Interesting weather, indeed. I'm sure all the Bills fans out there were glued to their television sets, mesmerized by their team's latest embarrassment at the hands of Bill Belichick and the hated Patriots.

Oh, yes. It was interesting to watch a team start out 5-1 and proceed to lose eight of its last 10. It's interesting, how Jauron's team managed to go 0-6 in the AFC East, in a year when Tom Brady went down in the opener and the division was suddenly up for the taking.

The most interesting thing of all? That Jauron, already on the hot seat for his game-day coaching, could put a big, fat cherry on the season's final Sunday, a classic failure of clock management and uninspired leadership that just might get him fired.

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns...ory/534698.html