Pete Carroll

H2o

EXACTLY.

He makes 4 mil a year at one of the best colleges in the country in the best climate in the county (I live here, I know). And he is going to take a pay cut to coach a sh------- team in terrible weather in a small market? Get real.

Hate to say it but you are right

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a friend who's uncle works security at the Ralph. Said he overheard that Ralph is going to be contacting Pete Carroll after the Rose Bowl game on January 1 about the coaching job that WILL be vacant very soon. In all seriousness, I don't think that Ralph could lure him away unless he gave him alot of power in the organization and I don't see Wilson giving up the dough that would get him to accept the job either.

Dude I live in NE Pete Carrol was the head coach of NE you think Jauron is Bad Petey is not madef or the NFL he took a team who was a playoff caliber team and detriatiated them each year he was there. What do you think he does to team thats not even playoff ready???

NO keep petey in College thank you I want to improve this team notmake it worse!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Bingo. Carroll is in a great situation out there. Unless the NCAA is going to come down hard on USC for the Reggie Bush scandal I don't see why Pete would want to leave Southern California.

I sure hope not. That hire has disaster written all over it, IMO. Say "no" to a college HC..even one with previous (8-9 years ago) NFL experience. I'd much rather go with an NFL coordinator than a college HC.

Have a friend who's uncle works security at the Ralph. Said he overheard that Ralph is going to be contacting Pete Carroll after the Rose Bowl game on January 1 about the coaching job that WILL be vacant very soon. In all seriousness, I don't think that Ralph could lure him away unless he gave him alot of power in the organization and I don't see Wilson giving up the dough that would get him to accept the job either.

That's what I find most interesting in the post.

Exactly. He may leave a dream job but only for another dream job, not to work for Ralph.

And we can only give thanks for that. See, there is at least one plus in having Ralph as an owner.

Give him a tiny piece of the team. He is uniquely experienced and if restless, a showy grab for Ralph. At the very least he buys a few more years of sellouts and the perpetual optimism machine rolls on.

Desperate times, desperate measures.

Pete Carroll is a great college coach. His rah rah demeanor is suited to teaching and recruiting young players. It didn't work in NY. It didn't work in New England. Pro players get paid too much money to take a coach like that seriously when they try to discipline them. The Jets players tuned him out in one season, and Carroll was undermined by pampered brats like Terry Glenn when he coached the Pats.

Carroll has it made in LA. USC pays him well, he can recruit players who *want* to play for him, and he enjoys working with inner city youth there. I can't see any scenario where he would leave all that for Buffalo.

I once read that Carroll's inspiration came from seeing the Bills' Wall of Fame in his first season as the Jets' coach. 'Twas a cool thing to see, that the Bills inspired him way back then. Nevertheless, he's not coming here.

Why wouldn't Pete Carroll have been inspired by the Bills' Wall of Fame when he started coaching with the Bills in '84?

GO BILLS!!!

Carroll has the best job in football--pro or college--and would never give that up.

I always wonder why Ralph feels the need to share his inner most hiring/firing thoughts with the security/catering/ticket/snow removal staff...

I have a friend that sells hot dogs at the stadium he oerheard Ralph say, "I'd like some mustard on my hot-dog please."

Dude I live in NE Pete Carrol was the head coach of NE you think Jauron is Bad Petey is not madef or the NFL he took a team who was a playoff caliber team and detriatiated them each year he was there. What do you think he does to team thats not even playoff ready???

NO keep petey in College thank you I want to improve this team notmake it worse!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Ouch! That is just too painful to read to not respond. There are keys right of the letter "m" on your keyboard that help organize thoughts. You might consider using them. Detriatiated? Good one. You had me stumbling like the AFLAC duck over that.

since when do security guards overhear who is being fired and who is being contacted?