Congrats, fins

nodnarb

They deserve it, and it's better than seeing the Pats win the division. I've said it for years: Pennington is underrated because he doesn't have a laser arm. He wins. He understands critical situations and can READ and EXPLOIT. But the real reason the made the playoffs: (repeat):

Under Parcells, they had the DARING TO INNOVATE. They brought the Wildcat to the NFL, and I think I read that all but three teams tried it this year after they beat the Pats with it. And now teams are actually scouting players in this draft to employ in that scheme. Men who change the game and force others to play catch up: Those are your winners; those are your Hall of Famers.

I won't exactly be rooting for the fins, but you have to respect how quickly and convincingly Parcells turned that franchise around. He's my #1 pick to take over the Bills, followed by Cowher. Short of those two guys, I'm not sure how much we gain by starting over without DJ.

They deserve it, and it's better than seeing the Pats win the division. I've said it for years: Pennington is underrated because he doesn't have a laser arm. He wins. He understands critical situations and can READ and EXPLOIT. But the real reason the made the playoffs: (repeat):

Under Parcells, they had the DARING TO INNOVATE. They brought the Wildcat to the NFL, and I think I read that all but three teams tried it this year after they beat the Pats with it. And now teams are actually scouting players in this draft to employ in that scheme. Men who change the game and force others to play catch up: Those are your winners; those are your Hall of Famers.

I won't exactly be rooting for the fins, but you have to respect how quickly and convincingly Parcells turned that franchise around. He's my #1 pick to take over the Bills, followed by Cowher. Short of those two guys, I'm not sure how much we gain by starting over without DJ.

Why would Parcells come to Buffalo????

I agree. I actually also really like both their offensive and defensive styles. they play smart, aggressive football - and without the arrogance of the Pats. Man I'm glad the Pats are done. No Pats, no Cowboys - the ESPN execs must be crying in their leftovers.

Why would Parcells come to Buffalo????

Ego. He likes to take frustrated teams and turn them around. The guy can't get enough of the Legacy Building game. He turned around the NY Giants. He turned around the Patriots. He turned around the Jets. He turned around a dreadful Cowboys team. He turned around the Fins. He's batting 1000 in the Before/After measure. And for the most part he has done it quickly. He's the best at franchise building, ever. All time. How could ANY Bills fan not want him? The Bills haven't made the playoffs since 1999. I think that's now an NFL record? Exactly the kind of team and situation he likes to ride into.

But you have to pay him, and pay him big. So unless Ralph DESPERATELY wants the Lombardi before he joins the Quiet Invisible, Parcells won't happen. But I'd love it.