AFC East teams all look like they will be good for years, now what?

Chuckknox

The Jets will decline next year if Favre retires. Their team has a very small window.

Plus what are they gonna do with that clown Mangini? If we can get straight we can jump in their place. Getting straight is another thing in itself though...

It wouldn't surprise me if the Dolphins were to miss the playoffs next season. For one, they'll have to play a first-place schedule instead of a last-place schedule. Also, Parcells' teams have been known to exceed expectations in Year 1 and fall back a bit the second (see his time in Dallas as an example).

As for the rest of the division, the Jets aren't that big of a threat -- especially if Favre sticks around -- and the Pats are the Pats.

If the Bills can actually get a coaching hire right for a change (an Everest-sized order, I know), they'll have a chance to compete.

The Jets will decline next year if Favre retires. Their team has a very small window.

you dont have to wait til next year, they declined this year down the stretch

i hope Favre comes back because they wont be any better then they were this year

Who will be playing QB for the Jets when Favre is gone? And who will play QB for the Phins when Pennington crashes back to earth? Flash in the pan from the Jets, ytd on the Phins.

crashes back to earth? Pennington didnt have some spectacular season, he had a solid season and helped the Phins win the div