Coldest Inhabited Place On Earth

Dante

May set a new record for low temp. Global warming enthusiasts will want this buried~

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=oymyak...he-coldest-town

The fact that there are cold places on the planet refutes that the average global temperature is increasing how exactly? Oh yeah it doesn't. Think about this for a second let's just imagine that global warming is NOT real. Well would it really hurt us to burn less fossil fuels, consume less energy, etc...? No, actually it would probably make things better. So even if there is no global warming to combat aren't most of what globabl warming alarmists are suggesting worth doing anyway?

The fact that there are cold places on the planet refutes that the average global temperature is increasing how exactly?

It doesn't, any more than the existence of hot places on the planet proves it.

On either side of the argument, deriving long-term trends from short-term data is ridiculous.

Dude that is pretty obscure even for you. I get it that Dante Culpepper played in Minnesoata and Minnesota is cold, but most people would have trouble connecting those dots.

I think this one went over your head. He was clearly referencing Dante's Peak, that volcano movie starring James Bond.

Volcanoes cause some global warming but it is primarily cow farts. Anyway this thread is about cooling, not warming.

... thus the irony. Some dude who shares the name of a volcano in a James Bond movie starting a post about cold weather. A little ironic, don't ya think? It's like rain on your wedding day or a free ride when you've already paid. It's the good advice that you just didn't take.

... thus the irony. Some dude who shares the name of a volcano in a James Bond movie starting a post about cold weather. A little ironic, don't ya think? It's like rain on your wedding day or a free ride when you've already paid. It's the good advice that you just didn't take.

Now you're quoting a Canadian broad?

Are you trying to make yourself look dumb?

In America footbal is more popular than James Bond and volcanoes combined. Therefore he meant Culpepper. Therefore global cooling in Minnesota.

The fact that there are cold places on the planet refutes that the average global temperature is increasing how exactly? Oh yeah it doesn't.

True, but this might

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columni...-disproved.html

Then there's this little bit about sunspot activity. I wonder if low sunspot activity a couple months ago might have something to do with the recent cold snap. Call me a heretical sun worshipper, but I think that big yellow disc I see everyday might have a bigger influence on the earth's temperature than the actions of the dominant carbon based life form

True, but this might

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columni...-disproved.html

Then there's this little bit about sunspot activity. I wonder if low sunspot activity a couple months ago might have something to do with the recent cold snap. Call me a heretical sun worshipper, but I think that big yellow disc I see everyday might have a bigger influence on the earth's temperature than the actions of the dominant carbon based life form

Like I said I'm not a global warming nut, I just think that most of the things that they're proposing make sense whether or not there is global warming.

Like I said I'm not a global warming nut, I just think that most of the things that they're proposing make sense whether or not there is global warming.

So the climate is changing. And since "they" propose the climate is changing we should go along with with their "solution" :rolleyes: