Saw Marley and me

K-Gun10

Mrs. Lew and I saw this movie on Friday. It is a good flick. Alan Arkin is great, IMHO...

OUr dog , Kibbles, looks just like Marley, but is not the rambunctious one..

Kibbles is also 13.5 years old and is showing her age and that part of the movie touched me.

KGun,,ya forgot to add that Jennifer Anniston gets nekkid.............

Didnt read the book heard its great but the movie is extremely good and sad bring tissues, perfect date movie.

This is a Jennifer Aniston/Owen Wilson movie, right? :blush:

Speaking of movies, we saw the Curious Case of Benjamin Button last night. Interesting premise and while the acting and direction were very good and I was never bored by the story, there just didn't seem to be much of a point to it. And it was nearly 3 hours long. I guess I expected more given the build up.

I went to see Cadillac Records last week...I thought it was really good. Nice to see a music bio flick about people that everyone knows (Muddy Waters, Little Walter, Howlin' Wolf, Willie Dixon, Chuck Berry and Etta James), but knows little about. The movie is full of factual holes (the flick is really the story of the Chess Records label, started by two Polish immigrant brothers in Chicago, during the late 50's...and the climactic scene of Etta recording "I Would Rather Go Blind" is way off time wise..it is actually a song she recorded almost 10 years later, at Muscle Shoals, not at the famous Chess studios...but that is nitpicking I guess), main one being that the two brothers, for some reason, are trimmed down to one, and they never mention the other at all...maybe legal reasons, I don't know...but, the acting is really good (Beyonce is excellent as Etta James, definitely a physicall upgrade for Etta), and the music is awesome. Jeffery Rush as Muddy is top notch...I won't say this is an excellent flick, but a nice adult night on the town...I love this era of music, and it is obvious the film makers did too...it is such a labor of love, about such an unlikely topic, I can overlook the factual errors...kinda like a good Michael Moore film, in that regard! :rolleyes:

Didnt read the book heard its great but the movie is extremely good and sad bring tissues, perfect date movie.

If you don't care about dogs is it still a good movie?

If you don't care about dogs is it still a good movie?

The movie is being marketed as cute doggie flick for the kids but it is really more for adults and the PG rating is misleading. The movie deals with a lot of adult themes: miscarriage, death, martial discord, career strain, mid life etc. While the movie was good I would hesitate to bring young kids to it and be warned-they drag the sad ending out too long IMO.

This is a Jennifer Aniston/Owen Wilson movie, right? :lol:

Speaking of movies, we saw the Curious Case of Benjamin Button last night. Interesting premise and while the acting and direction were very good and I was never bored by the story, there just didn't seem to be much of a point to it. And it was nearly 3 hours long. I guess I expected more given the build up.

Uggh, saw it too and felt the same way....what the hell was the point of the movie? Seems like it could have been good but I didn't really get what it was about........... :unsure: Also, the projector broke about 2/3 thru the film so adding an extra 20 minutes on top of this way too long movie and it gets a double :doh: .

Book is much better.

They missed some major parts and kind of fluffed over some like the stabbing scene.

I understand that sometimes a guy has to go see a chick-flick to keep the peace. But, why would a guy read a chick-book?

I understand that sometimes a guy has to go see a chick-flick to keep the peace. But, why would a guy read a chick-book?

It was actually my daughters book. And I usually read the stuff she reads just to do a double check.

if you don't have kids maybe you wouldn't understand.

It was actually my daughters book. And I usually read the stuff she reads just to do a double check.

if you don't have kids maybe you wouldn't understand.

You procreated?

The horror...the horror.

Bah - saw it yesterday - found it pretty boring - but I'm not really a big dog/animal person. Didn't think the end would ever come ("OK OK - there are people crying now - just get on with it!"....)

One thing I am proud of myself for though is that at the birthday party scene I thought I spotted Dave Barry for a second - and I was right!

http://www.miamiherald.com/283/story/656852.html