If Jauron is fired his salary is so low

1billsfan

...an awful lot when he gets a DC gig. I think that Jauron will command about the same salary that he is getting as a head coach with the Bills (he's the lowest paid guy in the league). I could be wrong, but maybe that's why Ralph is backpeddling even with holding a signed extension from Jauron. I think that Ralph will only have to compensate the difference between salaries. I can only hope this is the case.

...an awful lot when he gets a DC gig. I think that Jauron will command about the same salary that he is getting as a head coach with the Bills (he's the lowest paid guy in the league). I could be wrong, but maybe that's why Ralph is backpeddling even with holding a signed extension from Jauron. I think that Ralph will only have to compensate the difference between salaries. I can only hope this is the case.

Here's to hoping that if the Bills signed him to an extension, that it's conditional and that it has some protection for the team in the event they fire him.

I don't think that is the case. I don't know, but that would seem to be in opposition to normal employment contracts signed between a privately-owned, non-incorporated business (the Bills) and any employee (Coach Jauron).

There is nothing that, IMO, stops Ralph & Co. working out a quid pro quo with another team. But that implies that another team hires Jauron in some capacity.

Any way, I assume Jauron has a current, valid contract with a dollar figure and a host of clauses and perks. No idea about an extension, about clauses in same.

If an extension was signed by both, Ralph honors it or offers a buy-out. If not, Ralph only has to pay off the existing agreement if he wants to jettison Jauron. If they both agreed to some sort of financial offset if Jauron takes other NFL employment, well so be it.

Myself, I never agonize about the irksome things that may upset 7-figure earnings people. :blush: