How Special was the 4-0 Start?

The Big Cat

Well, again, you're imagining what the world WOULD be like if Jauron was a different kind of guy- if he was a bit more intense, up in your face, and passionate. From where I sit, that kind of rah-rah-sis-boom-bah works best for the defense- a unit that thrives on aggression and plays on instinct. Problem is, the defense isn't the problem.

Our BIGGEST problem is Trent Edwards. He has some kinks to work out and in the second half of the season DC's figured out how to shut him down. He is NOT the total package. As the QUARTERBACK, he's the one player whose performance can be a weekly game changer, and since he has some glaring soft spots in his repertoire, the entire team will struggle until he figures it out.

Defense is "a problem. How many times have the Bills given up opening drive TD's? How many times have they given up 7-8-9 minute drives in the 4th quarter? How many times have they gotten torched by other offenses? Denver ran up 500+ yards. You don't very often win games with those numbers.

We are not going to agree on Jauron, and that's ok. Edwards is young and hopefully will continue to progress.

Defense is "a problem. How many times have the Bills given up opening drive TD's? How many times have they given up 7-8-9 minute drives in the 4th quarter? How many times have they gotten torched by other offenses? Denver ran up 500+ yards. You don't very often win games with those numbers.

We are not going to agree on Jauron, and that's ok. Edwards is young and hopefully will continue to progress.

You're right, they do LOVE giving up first drive TD's. But then they seem to not allow another one for the entire game. Personally, I'm okay with that.

At the time, it was pretty special- we were playing well and we took advantage of it- thats the key- win while you are playing well. Then you have to steal a game or two when you aren't.

Personally, I hope we go nuts on the offensive and defensive lines this offseason- I would particularly focus on the D-line, as we can use our defense to take advantage of the horrible weather later in the season at home. If we can get Haynesworth in free agency, we can focus on DE's and OL's. AS far as OL's, we need to not focus on pilemovers- that won't work in our division- we don't want to single block the big NG's...if we can get agile guys who can zone blocks we can combo the big NGs. I wouldn't mind getting a couple of the DL's from Ole Miss either.

For all the complaining about Poz, this is his first full season, he has been pretty tentative in coming back from the injury at times and doesn't have much in front of him- I give him a pass, for now.