Favre's Arm May Be Hurting

buckeyemike

Will he or won't he be back? Brett, please stop this right now.

I think that the Packers are better off, long-term, without him. The drama of the last several years in the off-season had to be a distraction for the team. Now, it's gonna be a distraction for the Jets, who if they lose Sunday, are out. Just like the Packers are.

Maybe Brett Favre's arm could make the retirement decision for him. For good. For once.

Tony Kornheiser's seat over at MNF is warm, Brett. Go take it. Starting next September. :unsure:

The jets do a lot of stupid things. Almost as many stupid things as the bills do. The one thing the jets won't do is sign JP Losman. The guy will never be a starter. The Jets will probably either keep Favre around one more year (assuming he doesn't retire) while grooming Brett Ratliff, or they will draft a qb in the early rounds. I personally hope Favre stays around for another year or 2. The guy is toast, and has nothing left on his arm. With his play down the stretch he has almost singlehandidly destroyed the jets season. Money well spent gang green. Money well spent. :unsure:

JP maybe a nice + sweet guy off the field, but on the field he is one of the worst NFL QB's I've ever seen play a regular season game. I'm not sure why anyone is left to defend his play other than just feeling sorry for the guy. I really wish he would have panned out, but he just isn't NFL material. Edwards has looked much better behind the same line + same offensive weapons...

He may have the physical gifts, but judging his play + his pressers I would say he has a little something odd going on upstairs...

The jets do a lot of stupid things. Almost as many stupid things as the bills do. The one thing the jets won't do is sign JP Losman. The guy will never be a starter. The Jets will probably either keep Favre around one more year (assuming he doesn't retire) while grooming Brett Ratliff, or they will draft a qb in the early rounds. I personally hope Favre stays around for another year or 2. The guy is toast, and has nothing left on his arm. With his play down the stretch he has almost singlehandidly destroyed the jets season. Money well spent gang green. Money well spent. :unsure:

Well, they went from last season's 4 and 12, to 9 and 6 now, with a shot at the AFC East title...

Well, they went from last season's 4 and 12, to 9 and 6 now, with a shot at the AFC East title...

And more then likely it backfired. Down the stretch Favre has thrown 1 td to 6 ints, and has been awful. They went and tried to buy a championship run, and will end up missing the playoffs baring a miracle. They're 26 million over the cap after this year, and Favre will run his routine of "retiring/unretiring". That is no rosy situation the jets are in. Yes they improved on their record from last year, for the sake of what. Favre isn't gonna get better, neither is thomas jones. They're in for a house cleaning.

And more then likely it backfired. Down the stretch Favre has thrown 1 td to 6 ints, and has been awful. They went and tried to buy a championship run, and will end up missing the playoffs baring a miracle. They're 26 million over the cap after this year, and Favre will run his routine of "retiring/unretiring". That is no rosy situation the jets are in. Yes they improved on their record from last year, for the sake of what. Favre isn't gonna get better, neither is thomas jones. They're in for a house cleaning.

That may be so. But they gave it a shot.

With the repudiation of the CBA, who knows what NFL football will end up like? It could possibly be like MLB. I don't fault any team that flashed the cash this season...

In the long run, it will likely backfire. So far, it has only cost the Jets a third round pick (he's played over 50% of the offensive snaps). If they make the playoffs, it's a second round pick (70% of the snaps + playoffs).

But what this trade did was set the Jets back a few years in their QB development. If Favre plays again next year, that would give them some time to develop Clemens, Ratliff, or Ainge (whoever they want), but we won't know if that guy is ready until they start a few games. If Favre quits now, the Jets go into 2009 with three unproven QBs.

Perhaps it was all part of their plan to give the young QBs some time, but they could have been working that out this year and be playoff-ready a year earlier than if Favre was in the mix.

Jets will be toast when Favre retires. Who do they have behind him? NOONE! Thats who! I laughed when they got Favre, noway Favre wants to sit through an entire new coaching staff when and if Mangini gets the AXE.......Favre wanted to go to a contender, well guess what.......Jets season ends Sunday! So if Mangini gets fired, I really do think Favre retires again.

Jets will be toast when Favre retires. Who do they have behind him? NOONE! Thats who! I laughed when they got Favre, noway Favre wants to sit through an entire new coaching staff when and if Mangini gets the AXE.......Favre wanted to go to a contender, well guess what.......Jets season ends Sunday! So if Mangini gets fired, I really do think Favre retires again.

At that point, the only question is when does he unretire again?