Attleboro Sun's Mark Farinella - what a doucheb@g

Did anyone read this article? He's a classless idiot for suggesting that some Boston area idiots shovel out the Ralph and cover up the season ticket holders seats.

Nice job of running your mouth about an opportunity for some area fans in an especially economically depressed area to make some money at Christmas-time. People who could really, really use the money. What an astute and morally upbeat article he wrote.

Merry Christmas Farinella. You should be proud of yourself.

Yeah I seen that! That was a joke. Good chance for people having a tough time to pay things this holiday season. Now I wonder if you can work both shifts? 10 bucks an hour is not bad.....If anything id throw the snow on the field try to slow down the Patriots.

On WBEN yesterday, I believe they said you could work back to back shifts. Also, anyone 16 or older can do go out there. A great way for some youngsters to earn some money and get 8 hours of good exercise at the same time!

Yeah I seen that! That was a joke. Good chance for people having a tough time to pay things this holiday season. Now I wonder if you can work both shifts? 10 bucks an hour is not bad.....If anything id throw the snow on the field try to slow down the Patriots.

Heck yeah, that's good money - a lot more than I made as a kid! It just astounds me that this guy would kick some people when they're down, especially on Christmas Eve. If ever there was a grinch, he's it.

As for slowing them down, if Reggie Corner, McKelvin, McGee and Whitner play like they did in Denver, slowing them down won't be a problem, although I like your idea of throwing onto the field - or on their sideline anyway. :unsure:

I would love nothing more than to see a shootout. Get Steve Johnson more involved to free up Lee Evans and Josh Reed and it'll be like old times with The Great Jim Kelly!!

Did anyone read this article? He's a classless idiot for suggesting that some Boston area idiots shovel out the Ralph and cover up the season ticket holders seats.

Nice job of running your mouth about an opportunity for some area fans in an especially economically depressed area to make some money at Christmas-time. People who could really, really use the money. What an astute and morally upbeat article he wrote.

I think you guys might be taking a bad joke from a crappy writer and a crappy paper a little to seriously. What he said was Pats* fans should go, take the money and shovel their own seats, while leaving the rest of the seats covered. No where in the article did he say they should "cover" bills ticket holder seats, just not shovel them.

C'mon guys? Who really cares what this little guy has to say? I doubt the bills stadium staff wouldn't check to see if the shovelers aren't doing their jobs. More so, I doubt any Pats* fans are going to come down early to make 20-30 extra bucks. I mean, they're already paying for gas and a ticket to come to the game...they can't be in too bad financial shape.

I think you guys might be taking a bad joke from a crappy writer and a crappy paper a little to seriously. What he said was Pats* fans should go, take the money and shovel their own seats, while leaving the rest of the seats covered. No where in the article did he say they should "cover" bills ticket holder seats, just not shovel them.

C'mon guys? Who really cares what this little guy has to say? I doubt the bills stadium staff wouldn't check to see if the shovelers aren't doing their jobs. More so, I doubt any Pats* fans are going to come down early to make 20-30 extra bucks. I mean, they're already paying for gas and a ticket to come to the game...they can't be in too bad financial shape.

Maybe so, but he still said it and he's still a classless idiot for saying it...

Maybe so, but he still said it and he's still a classless idiot for saying it...

And nobody in the history of buffalo sports reporting, especially from unreputable papers like this sorry one in Massachussets, has said anything worse? Please. This is a non-story, and a non-thread for that matter.

Maybe we can go there and help them pay for stadium parking after their owner builds that mall to take up some of the parking they already have.....maybe we can hire some crossing guards for them too......one of the worst owners in the league.

Umm ... what?

The quote: "The way I see it, a fan of the Patriots who intends to go to the game - and a lot of them usually show up at the Ralph - could make the drive out the Buffalo a few days early, shovel off his own seats, make some beer money and enjoy the game in comfort while Bills' season-ticket holders wonder why their own seats are still buried in snow."

Classless? Really? Uninformed, perhaps, since Mr. Farinella apparently isn't aware that the Bills' snow-removal plans -- unlike the Patriots -- actually do make a point of clearing the entire stadium. But if you see a cheap shot at Buffalo in that graf, you're looking too hard. Seriously.

Add: No, if you want some bulletin-board fodder from "Fearless" Farinella, you either need to look deeper in that column -- where he bitches about having to come to Buffalo this weekend -- or go to his blog:

"The Patriots will not know if they've made the playoffs this Sunday until three hours after they defeat the Buffalo Bills at Ralph Wilson Stadium (and does anyone really doubt that they will?) because the NFL is moving the other key games affecting their playoff fate to the 4:15 p.m. slot."

And I kid you not, the guy blogs about hotel soap. Of course, working at an 18k shop, that may be part of his benefits package ...

One more thought: GW, although I'm not going to defend Farinella, the size of the shop doesn't always indicate the quality of the writer. One of the best newspapermen I've ever met works at a small-town, sub-20k daily, choosing to stay there because he likes both the job and the area. There are other options beside chasing a pro beat 24/7/365.

Agreed. I thought the "joke" was so poorly written, it wasn't funny or offensive.

• 2 weeks later...

nice job misquoting the guy and not understanding the article