Bills Coaches Post-Levy  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who's been the best?

• Wade Phillips
    • Greg Williams
    • Mike Mularkey
    • Dick Jauron

IMHO Wade.

But this is like asking which is the best Adam Sandler movie. Pick any one, but you won't find a good one.

Actually, there is one.

Check out: Reign Over Me with Don Cheadle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Put your shoes on kids, it's time to go.

But my pants are in my shoes.

Does Mike Mularkey have a logon ID here? He must becauase who else would have given him a vote?

It's Christmas time....someone just didn't want to see him with a goose egg up there.

Now, on a more frightening note, just how many log ins does Dick Jauron have? Ten votes? :unsure:

I kind of hate to admit it, but I think Bum's kid was the best we had. Just shows how sorry our selections have been. Granted he's inherited 2 playoff teams in Buffalo and Dallas, but he's still the only one on the list to make it to post-season. He seems to be able to put together more balanced teams and assemble better coaching staffs than the others.

After Li'l Bum, I'd rate Williams and Jauron equally -- Williams thought he'd be labeled a "genius" because he blitzed every down, when all he did was make the opponent's game planning easy. Jauron just doesn't have it when it comes to big games, and big plays in important games. He's Schottenheimer's "mini-me."

And Mularkey was simply the pits. He was Jauron's bad side at all times ... he ranks down there with Hank Bullough and Jim Ringo.

(Jauron just doesn't have it when it comes to big games, and big plays in important games. He's Schottenheimer's "mini-me."

)

now thats funny.... interesting vewpoint....

Wasn't meathead demoted from OC to TE coach in Miami?

Amazing that people here did there best to run Wade out of town. How poor is your memory? Remember how poorly he handled the Johnson / Flutie QB situation? Remember his poor hiring of coaches, and how he wouldn't fire a guy that deserved it? Remember the "punt catcher"?

People have selective memory.

It's not that we have selective memory. It's simply that he was the best coach listed on the poll (there was no "none of the above" option).

• 2 weeks later...

And right on cue the hapless Lions lock on Mularkey for HC. I don't care what ATL did this year and that MM pushed to draft Matt Ryan -- it was an obvious choice -- I wouldn't go anywhere near that guy. Lions really need a guy that's been there, has a system and can manage a coaching staff. Shanahan sounds like the guy they should be focusing on instead of taking flyers on guys like Mularkey, Martz and well .... umm ... Jauron :cry:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/around_th...?urn=nfl,131847

Wade was the only halfway decent head coach of the four, but that's not saying much.

Jauron is the worst of the four.

I gotta wonder how much longer Bum's kid will be HC in Big D. Again, I think Jones has to be taking a hard look at Shanahan, but of course a big issue they'd have to resolve is how much say the HC has in the overall organization.