most important/valuable bills in 2009 and beyond

lacoy38

Another December of planning ways to improve the Bills instead of talking about playoff matchups; this is starting to get really old!! But on the bright side, since it is Christmas, which players are you most thankful we have, and furthermore if you had to rank them 1-10 in order of their signifigance to our franchise how would you go.

My choices:

1. Lynch - he's the heart and soul of the team and in my opinion the best player.

2. McGee - kind of a darkhorse but he's consistently been good and only getting better.

3. Evans - can disappear at times but is the only offensive player who defenses have to game plan around.

4. McKelvin - a shut down corner in the making; plus with his return skills we 'll start at the 40 every drive.

5. Peters - kind of pissed us all off, but the talent, if he decides to play hard, is undeniable.

6. Edwards - i'm not completely convinced, especially b/c of injuries, but i think he is the most special Qb we've had since Kelly was here.

7. Stroud - i'd rank him even higher if he were a couple years younger.

8. Posluzny - very solid player who QBs the defense, should continue to get better.

9. Reed - the most underrated Bill BY FAR!!! Record w/ Reed & Trent in line-up 7-0 without 0-8

10. Whitner - short on big plays, but a leader.

Honorable mention to: Moorman, Kyle Williams, Mitchell, and Parrish

Another December of planning ways to improve the Bills instead of talking about playoff matchups; this is starting to get really old!! But on the bright side, since it is Christmas, which players are you most thankful we have, and furthermore if you had to rank them 1-10 in order of their signifigance to our franchise how would you go.

My choices:

1. Lynch - he's the heart and soul of the team and in my opinion the best player.

2. McGee - kind of a darkhorse but he's consistently been good and only getting better.

3. Evans - can disappear at times but is the only offensive player who defenses have to game plan around.

4. McKelvin - a shut down corner in the making; plus with his return skills we 'll start at the 40 every drive.

5. Peters - kind of pissed us all off, but the talent, if he decides to play hard, is undeniable.

6. Edwards - i'm not completely convinced, especially b/c of injuries, but i think he is the most special Qb we've had since Kelly was here.

7. Stroud - i'd rank him even higher if he were a couple years younger.

8. Posluzny - very solid player who QBs the defense, should continue to get better.

9. Reed - the most underrated Bill BY FAR!!! Record w/ Reed & Trent in line-up 7-0 without 0-8

10. Whitner - short on big plays, but a leader.

Honorable mention to: Moorman, Kyle Williams, Mitchell, and Parrish

Offense:

1. Lynch - Our best player. The offense needs to be run-first and built around Lynch.

2. Edwards - He plays the most important position. He needs more weapons around him who compliment his skill set.

3. Peters - Yes Peters. It all starts with the O-Line and LT is the blind-side spot. We need this guy.

4. Evans - He's the number one receiver. He needs someone consistent opposite to shed double-coverage.

5. Jackson - The guy can do it all: run, catch. The perfect compliment to Lynch. Love him.

Defense:

1. Stroud - It starts in the trenches. Give him some help down there and he'll be lights out.

2. Whitner - Great player but needs a legit full-time FS beside him to be most effective.

3. McGee - When healthy he's our best cover-corner. Great speed and awareness.

4. Posluszny - Good tackler but he needs to get better and be that Fletcher type sideline to sidleine machine.

5. McKelvin - Has started to come on. The talent and skill is obvious. Once he gets more experience, Pro Bowler.

Special Teams:

1. Moorman - The guy is the best punter in football.

2. McKelvin - Everytime he returns a kick he's got a legit shot to score. Scary good.

3. Parrish - Amazing punt returner and always a threat to score.