Langston Walker

McD

Did any of you happen to see that when we ran right, and had Walker pulling, he never turns the corner? He just keeps running towards the sideline, allowing the defense to penetrate to and past the line of scrimmage. I'm wondering if this is just a technique thing or if he's brain farting on the plays? Anyone else catch it? I wonder if it's something correctible? It would be nice to be able to scoot outside once in awhile.

I know exactly what play you mean too. The 3rd down on the 4th quarter on our 15 or so. I thought the play was set up perfectly and Walker blocked absolutely no one.

On that awful pitch to the right, it was Dockery who kind of pulled and ended up OB with his hands on his hips, having blocked no one.

The Bills have no bigger mutt on the line than Dockery. (Fowler is not a mutt; he just has no talent.)

Fully agreed.

Unless he embarks on a Jerry-Rice-like workout regimen to work on speed (first--which really means lose 40 lbs) and strength (second), I don't think he has a chance to improve.

Based on his current fitness level, I see this as unlikely.

Some part of me thinks the line would be actually be OK with Walker/Butler/New Center/Preston (did I say that?)/Peters. Obviously, the Bills need a better OG than Preston but I think that lineup would not be such a disaster if the center is good. If they could get a center and guard, even better.

Did any of you happen to see that when we ran right, and had Walker pulling, he never turns the corner? He just keeps running towards the sideline, allowing the defense to penetrate to and past the line of scrimmage. I'm wondering if this is just a technique thing or if he's brain farting on the plays? Anyone else catch it? I wonder if it's something correctible? It would be nice to be able to scoot outside once in awhile.

Huh. IMO, the DB made a very good play on that run, filling the run lane before Walker could gain position.

While Walker's forte isn't moving in space, I wouldn't hold that play against him. I would, however, fault the design of the play by the OC, knowing Walker's limitations....

Unless he embarks on a Jerry-Rice-like workout regimen to work on speed (first--which really means lose 40 lbs) and strength (second), I don't think he has a chance to improve.

Based on his current fitness level, I see this as unlikely.

Some part of me thinks the line would be actually be OK with Walker/Butler/New Center/Preston (did I say that?)/Peters. Obviously, the Bills need a better OG than Preston but I think that lineup would not be such a disaster if the center is good. If they could get a center and guard, even better.

Sorry Bro. Imo Preston is a full scale disaster at OG. He is slow, weak, and easy to throw off balance.

Wanna get sick to your stomach? Watch Logn Mankins on Sunday. That is how you play the OG position.

Sorry Bro. Imo Preston is a full scale disaster at OG. He is slow, weak, and easy to throw off balance.

Wanna get sick to your stomach? Watch Logn Mankins on Sunday. That is how you play the OG position.

Don't mistake me for saying Preston is good. What I'm saying is that considering what the Bills need vs. what they will get in the off-season, I think we as fans can count on a center upgrade and 1 better than average DE. For quality players, we'll not see anything more than that. (Sure, we'll get a retread QB to be backup, maybe someone's cast off ACL injured DE, a TE of no consequence.) With that as a likely reality, I can stomach Preston.

Walker would be better if he lost 40lbs and Peters could lose 20lbs- I really don't know why these guys feel the need to be 350+ the biggest DE they are gonna face is probably 270-280- if anything it's guards and centers who should want to be heavier some of the DTs are 340-350.

Huh. IMO, the DB made a very good play on that run, filling the run lane before Walker could gain position.

While Walker's forte isn't moving in space, I wouldn't hold that play against him. I would, however, fault the design of the play by the OC, knowing Walker's limitations....

I'm not referring to the DB making a play....Walker never turned the corner. He just ran straight down the sideline. How are we supposed to gain yardage when we're run blocking "AT" the line as opposed to "UP"field? If your fist block comes 2-3 yds upfield, you'll be surprised at how much better your run O will be.

You're correct on his limitations...the big man might need to drop 20 lbs and work some more on his footwork and technique...he should be murdering LBs/DB's on those plays.

Walker would be better if he lost 40lbs and Peters could lose 20lbs- I really don't know why these guys feel the need to be 350+ the biggest DE they are gonna face is probably 270-280- if anything it's guards and centers who should want to be heavier some of the DTs are 340-350.

There was some play in the Miami this week where a lineman was 17 yards downfield and pancaked 2 DBs one on top of the other. No chance a Bills lineman gets that far downfield. They are all way too fat and slow.

I think this line might be better with a new O Line coach. Kugler clearly wasn't up to replacing Mouse this year. We need a REAL line coach thats been in the position for a while. These guys are all over the league...lets get one.

even better, let's hire a former OL as our HC - like Kirk Ferentz or Russ Grimm.

they know what makes a good OL (unlike the clown show currently finding our OL talent) and they would force some high picks to be used on upgrading the line.