OT: James "Shack" Harris fired by Jags

merlin

Former Bills QB James Harris, one of the first black QBs in the league, was forced to resign from his post as player personnel chief of the Jacksonville Jaguars in light of their disappointing season.

Linky: James Harris is Jags' "fall guy"

Maybe the Bills can use his services again? Jacksonville looked great for a number of years after he a Del Rio first got there. I blame this year's "melt down" more on Del Rio losing the locker room than on lack of talent on that roster. He couldn't do any worse than the crew we have ... could he?

Former Bills QB James Harris, one of the first black QBs in the league, was forced to resign from his post as player personnel chief of the Jacksonville Jaguars in light of their disappointing season.

Linky: James Harris is Jags' "fall guy"

Maybe the Bills can use his services again? Jacksonville looked great for a number of years after he a Del Rio first got there. I blame this year's "melt down" more on Del Rio losing the locker room than on lack of talent on that roster. He couldn't do any worse than the crew we have ... could he?

He took the fall for the Jags poor season. It's obvious that Del Rio wasn't going anywhere with a 20M buyout.

But I seriously doubt that senile RW will choose to go outside the organization for anyone. That includes a GM, HC, and people in personnel. He's content to keep Guy, Modrak, Brandon, Overdorf, and DJ. Which means we'll be fed a line of bull about continuity for months to come.

I predict 2009 will be similar to 2005, minus TD of course. It's going to get ugly-quick.