Our solution is to have the same people with different job titles

Deep2Moulds46

So, we're not going to bring in a football guy, instead we're going to rely on Tom Modrak more?

OK.

And the selling point is ...Modrak wanted to draft Cutler, but we had Losman. So.....what's different? Now that Modrak is part of the "inner circle" he will all of the sudden be able to change Ralph Wilson's mind on draft day?

We are rearranging deck chairs on the titanic here.

Sound Familiar?

Apparently, the Lions are emulating Ralph's style by promoting from within, and interjecting when they see fit.

When ownership attempts to make decisions they have no business being involved with, you have teams like the Lions, Bengals, Bills, and even the Cowboys.

It's too bad that Bills fans must endure their owner running this team into the ground. I sincerely hope enough vote with their money and decide to do something else when it comes time to renew season tickets.

We're not far from being the Lions. This latest declaration from RW makes that crystal clear.

Sound Familiar?

Apparently, the Lions are emulating Ralph's style by promoting from within, and interjecting when they see fit.

When ownership attempts to make decisions they have no business being involved with, you have teams like the Lions, Bengals, Bills, and even the Cowboys.

It's too bad that Bills fans must endure their owner running this team into the ground. I sincerely hope enough vote with their money and decide to do something else when it comes time to renew season tickets.

We're not far from being the Lions. This latest declaration from RW makes that crystal clear.

Can you please refrain from the continual Lions references? The Lions, if I heard correctly, have won just 1 game in the last 23, and are poised to finish this season 0-16. As any Lions' fan or player and I'm sure they'd love to get 7 wins in a season. We are far from being the Lions. I know you hate everything about the FO and Ralph, but to continually imply we're as bad as that organization is a stretch even for you.

Can you please refrain from the continual Lions references? The Lions, if I heard correctly, have won just 1 game in the last 23, and are poised to finish this season 0-16. As any Lions' fan or player and I'm sure they'd love to get 7 wins in a season. We are far from being the Lions. I know you hate everything about the FO and Ralph, but to continually imply we're as bad as that organization is a stretch even for you.

No.

Well it seems that making the playoffs is really all that matters here. With that in mind, the Bills and the Lions have the longest playoff droughts in the league. The only difference I see between the two teams is that the Lions are in a bigger depressed market and have more money to spend. Moreover, the Ford family does not continually moan about how poor they are. At least Mayhew has a background in the league. And the fact that the Lions are probably going to get a new coach, a new fresh face.

I dont see much difference between the two, as of today. In fact, we may be worse than the Lions! Uhoh...

Well it seems that making the playoffs is really all that matters here. With that in mind, the Bills and the Lions have the longest playoff droughts in the league. The only difference I see between the two teams is that the Lions are in a bigger depressed market and have more money to spend. Moreover, the Ford family does not continually moan about how poor they are.

I dont see much difference between the two, as of today.

Making the playoffs or winning in the playoffs? Yes, we haven't made the playoffs in a decade; but as far as winning in the playoffs we've won just as many as the perennial Super Bowl contending Dallas Cowboys in this decade. So I guess in that respect, there's not alot of difference between the Bills and the Cowboys.

Well it seems that making the playoffs is really all that matters here. With that in mind, the Bills and the Lions have the longest playoff droughts in the league. The only difference I see between the two teams is that the Lions are in a bigger depressed market and have more money to spend. Moreover, the Ford family does not continually moan about how poor they are. At least Mayhew has a background in the league. And the fact that the Lions are probably going to get a new coach, a new fresh face.

I dont see much difference between the two, as of today. In fact, we may be worse than the Lions! Uhoh...

We are competitive in just about every game we play; the Lions are not.

We are competitive in just about every game we play; the Lions are not.

Actually, Detroit is closer to Oakland

Last five seasons cumulative records:

Oakland 19-60

Detroit 21-58

San Fran 24-55

St. Louis 27-52

Cleveland 28-51

Kansas City 32-47

Buffalo 35-44

Cincinnati 37-41-1

These five franchises have combined for exactly two playoff appearances in 5 years. All of them have issues in their front offices, and refuse to make changes. Meanwhile, Atlanta and Miami addressed their problems and hired competent football people to run the show.

I would call these teams the bottom-feeders of the NFL. It is not coincidental that all of them have bad owners, which cannot be underscored.

Mayhew has actual football experience and knows what makes players tick.

Brandon was the spin doctor for the cheapest team in major league baseball.

looks like Detroit is moving in the right direction, the bills are not