Jauron

thewildrabbit

Just consider this fact for a minute,the president is usually responsible for all hires and fires in an organization as was Tom Donahoe when he was president of the Buffalo Bills. He was in charge of drafting players,the hiring and firing of coaches and functions of the entire team.

Ralph Wilson is the Buffalo Bills current president,he has a past history through all the years he has owned the buffalo Bills of usually almost always promoting from within the organization rather then hire someone new when a job opens up.Only when the team was horrid for a number of years did he go outside the organization to hire a coach or president.

There is a strong possibility that Dick Jauron was directed by Ralph Wilson to promote Turk Schonert from QB coach to the offensive coordinator when Steve Fairchild left for Colorado. The same thing could have happened when O line coach Jim McNally retired last year ,Sean Kuglar from assistant line coach to McNally's job.And again with Alex Van Pelt getting the promotion from assistant quality control coach to QB coach.

As fans we all assumed that the head coach made all these promotions when in fact the president could have been responsible for them,do we really know ?

It might be the reason that Ralph Wilson made that statement after the loss to the Dolphins that he and Jauron would go out together!

All year I've been blaming Jauron for the crappy play calls, crappy O-line play and crappy QB play when all along he simply might have been supporting the people that Ralph Wilson promoted to those positions.The more i think about it the more I think it was Wilson who made those promotions and Jauron will take all the blame for their poor performance.

I didn't say anything about the front office. Do you think he knows who Sean Kugler or Eric Studesville are? Maybe he does...but I wouldn't put money on it.

I would, I'll wager he knows every person he is paying $$$ to, down to the towel boys. :)

Ralph Wilson is notoriously frugal with his hires and would rather promote then bring in someone new. That said I'll hold him completely responsible for the teams play this year and not totally Jauron.

If you think about it for a min Jauron has a past history of building a strong running attack and a stout defense. This team had anything but a strong running attack most of the year. If you were to define this years Bills team I'd say it was a pass first run second offense. I kept wondering why the Bills were in constant shotguns all year and it just may be that Wilson directed Jauron to allow Schonert to work the passing game.

Since Tom Donahoe departed I've been hearing that Ralph Wilson has had his hand in the draft room and in all aspects of this team,this might be especially true considering that when Marv Levy stepped down as GM, Wilson didn't replace him with anyone.

Just consider this fact for a minute,the president is usually responsible for all hires and fires in an organization as was Tom Donahoe when he was president of the Buffalo Bills. He was in charge of drafting players,the hiring and firing of coaches and functions of the entire team.

Ralph Wilson is the Buffalo Bills current president,he has a past history through all the years he has owned the buffalo Bills of usually almost always promoting from within the organization rather then hire someone new when a job opens up.Only when the team was horrid for a number of years did he go outside the organization to hire a coach or president.

There is a strong possibility that Dick Jauron was directed by Ralph Wilson to promote Turk Schonert from QB coach to the offensive coordinator when Steve Fairchild left for Colorado. The same thing could have happened when O line coach Jim McNally retired last year ,Sean Kuglar from assistant line coach to McNally's job.And again with Alex Van Pelt getting the promotion from assistant quality control coach to QB coach.

As fans we all assumed that the head coach made all these promotions when in fact the president could have been responsible for them,do we really know ?

It might be the reason that Ralph Wilson made that statement after the loss to the Dolphins that he and Jauron would go out together!

All year I've been blaming Jauron for the crappy play calls, crappy O-line play and crappy QB play when all along he simply might have been supporting the people that Ralph Wilson promoted to those positions.The more i think about it the more I think it was Wilson who made those promotions and Jauron will take all the blame for their poor performance.

Yes a strong GM can make virtually all the key hiring and firing decisions, but even TD (who you yourself use as an example) who was a strong GM and in the catbird seat initially as Ralph gave him the keys to the car had the need to at least collaborate and essentially turn over the hiring of the co-ordinators and position coaches to his HC.

We saw this clearly when TD himself stated after the canning of GW that he the team had gone against his initial OC hiring suggestion of Tom Clements but instead had gone with Kevin Killdrive. TD at the very least did not have total authority over OC hiring so this was a collaboration and the most likely other option was that HC GW essentially had total control.

Like it or not, Jauron clearly is a solid guy and has earned the respect of his players. Yet, despite several opportunities he has no record of hiring successful OCs.

In this case, after the strong GM TD failed miserably the Bills went to a team approach for making decisions and Jauron bears a strong dose of responsibility for team decisions. as Brandon is clearly not a strong GM at all.

I think we keep Jauron as HC as it appears from all reports that he signed an extension which binds the Bills to pay him big bucks through 2011 and Ralph has shown all indications of hating to pay an HC he canned,

Yes a strong GM can make virtually all the key hiring and firing decisions, but even TD (who you yourself use as an example) who was a strong GM and in the catbird seat initially as Ralph gave him the keys to the car had the need to at least collaborate and essentially turn over the hiring of the co-ordinators and position coaches to his HC.

We saw this clearly when TD himself stated after the canning of GW that he the team had gone against his initial OC hiring suggestion of Tom Clements but instead had gone with Kevin Killdrive. TD at the very least did not have total authority over OC hiring so this was a collaboration and the most likely other option was that HC GW essentially had total control.

Like it or not, Jauron clearly is a solid guy and has earned the respect of his players. Yet, despite several opportunities he has no record of hiring successful OCs.

In this case, after the strong GM TD failed miserably the Bills went to a team approach for making decisions and Jauron bears a strong dose of responsibility for team decisions. as Brandon is clearly not a strong GM at all.

I think we keep Jauron as HC as it appears from all reports that he signed an extension which binds the Bills to pay him big bucks through 2011 and Ralph has shown all indications of hating to pay an HC he canned,

Not for nothing but when Donahoe took over as president Ralph Wilson stepped away and handed him the keys to the team and if he really wanted a different OC he would have hired him. I think that perhaps when you hire a head coach you give him some leeway in hiring who he wants for his support staff.

Stating that,sorry I just can't shake the feeling that Jauron didn't promote Schonert,Kugler,AV Pelt and that it reeks of Ralph.

I think the one hire that Jauron did make was to hire Perry Fewell away from Chicago for the DC job.

--------------------

I think the thing that bothers most Bills fans about this year is the fact that the Bills started out so well and completely collapsed while losing to our hated division foes. This team is a few spheroid bounces away from a winning record and if not for allowing JP to step on the field...who knows what their record could be.

Anyway I think this team this year had so much promise and wasted it with poor coaching calls and a QB who didn't want to be here(JP). I hope that lesson is learned :beer:

Like someone else took the blame for Jauron's crappy record at Chicago? Come on.....

Like someone else took the blame for Jauron's crappy record at Chicago? Come on.....

He did have one great year in Chicago at 13-3 tho,also lets not forget who drafted most of that current Bears defense

Just think if his hands were tied on those assistants that were promoted ,who should take most of the blame then?