Week 17 Rooting Schedule

Koufax

Okay, so for starters, we are all rooting for the Bills to beat the Patriots and improve to 8-8. Anybody who would rather see a loss for draft position is a loser and I don't want to talk to anyway.

But with our outcome having our finish between 7-9 and 8-8, there are 9 teams to finish worse than us no matter what who will draft 1-9:

DET, STL, KC, CIN, SEA, OAK, JAX, CLE, GB

There are 15 teams who will finish better than us and will draft 18-32:

TEN, NYG, PIT, IND, CAR, ATL, MIA, NWE, BAL, NYJ, DAL, MIN, TAM, PHI, CHI

And we are left in 10 through 17 along with the following teams:

SF 6-9

HOU 7-8

SD 7-8

Bills 7-8

DEN 8-7

WAS 8-7

ARI 8-7

NO 8-7

It would be great if as many of these teams could have results beneficial to the Bills as possible. Amazingly they are just about all head to head, so it is hard to know who to root for without knowing our result. And the math for Strength of Schedule is a little too much for me, so I'm not sure which tie breakers are up in the air.

Games in question:

CHI @ HOU - Root for HOU

CAR @ NO - Root for New Orleans

SEA @ ARI - Root for Arizona

WAS @ SF - Late game, if we win root for WAS, if we lose root for SF

DEN @ SD - Late game, if we lose root for DEN, if we win not sure

Okay, all that for not much, but hopefully others will be able to add things and we can know what else to look for throughout next Sunday.

But above all else, GO BILLS! Let's beat that Pats* and finish the season on a big winning note with two big wins against two playoff caliber teams playing with their seasons on the lines. Those victories shared among the 35+ Bills who will be back next year are worth a ton more than draft position.

Edit: Update for CHI-GB result.