Ralph Fires Back

ricojes

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it. The only commonality between these two disparate points is that Sullivan happens to be one of Wilson's critics. Sullivan isn't the living embodiment of criticism of Wilson, so "sticking to the real topic" as you put it, "the quality of Sullivan as a columnist," is a red herring for anyone that is leveling criticism at Wilson and about his management of the Bills. It is entirely consistent to be both highly critical of Sullivan's columns and Wilson's unsuccessful direction of the Buffalo Bills. (To be clear, by unsuccessful, I mean that Wilson has never brought an NFL championship to Buffalo. It's difficult to say if just having an NFL team outweighs that the team is commonly seen as a doormat, non-contender to the average Joe Plumber on the street.)

As far as Wilson's response to Sullivan's personal comments, the old gentleman still has some spunk and wit. :lol:

There are countless threads here about Wilson's inadequacies, so I don't think another thread about them is worthwhile. The nature of this topic (the tone of JS's columns) makes it less about Wilson than his critic -- Sullivan. Now Sullivan has been criticized a lot here as well, but not nearly as often as Wilson, which is how it should be given their relative statures vis a vis the Bills.

Doddering is the one part of Sullivan's critique that at least gave Ralph an excuse. If not doddering, than greedy, spiteful, petty, inept, heartless, cheap, and anti-Buffalo.

He should have stuck with doddering; it was his most flattering option.

To be fair, if you read all of Sully's columns he contradicts himself as much as any "doddering old fart". Sully's job is to be a snide arsewipe. Not be consistent.

PTR

I'm glad ralph is more concerned about sullivan than improving his club

WTF? A four sentence letter, humorously protesting being called "doddering" constitutes caring MORE about Sully than the Bills?

That is a piece of hyperbole that is just stupid enough for Sully, or Shoop and the Bulldog?

Did you even consider how stupid that was before you hit, "Add Reply"?

WTF? A four sentence letter, humorously protesting being called "doddering" constitutes caring MORE about Sully than the Bills?

That is a piece of hyperbole that is just stupid enough for Sully, or Shoop and the Bulldog?

I don't think it's stupid. Before attempting humor in the Buffalo News ralph should try to get his team in the playoffs after 9 years.

I don't think it's stupid. Before attempting humor in the Buffalo News ralph should try to get his team in the playoffs after 9 years.

Yes, because those two tasks are mutually exclusive, and the letter took SO much of his time. Maybe he shouldn't order lunch until the Bills win the Super Bowl.

Please, just because you can't multitask, doesn't mean Ralph can't. Even at 90 he's more skilled than half the posters here.

You should simply post "I hate Ralph", because it is apparent you are unable to construct a more complex post, that makes any sense.

Yes, because those two tasks are mutually exclusive, and the letter took SO much of his time. Maybe he shouldn't order lunch until the Bills win the Super Bowl.

Please, just because you can't multitask, doesn't mean Ralph can't. Even at 90 he's more skilled than half the posters here.

You should simply post "I hate Ralph", because it is apparent you are unable to construct a more complex post, that makes any sense.

You just don't get it

You just don't get it

I understand exaggeration and cheap shots, quite well, actually. I get it, fine.

We both know that his letter has nothing to do with his ability or commitment to the Bills. Your initial post was off base.

if you're worth hundreds of millions of dollars; own several successful companies AND an NFL franchise and you're spending your time reading jerry sullivan, you are doddering......

the next real news we'll hear from mr. wilson is that he's sold the team.......he's way to smart to lose money, and if he dies owning the team his estate loses money.......he's selling this team and we'll be the last to know......

Wilson has told everyone who has ever asked, he will not sell the Bills until he dies. Are we now calling him a doddering liar too?

Even at 90, I bet Ralph has more active brain matter than Sully ever had.

Obviously, given Jerry's choice of occupation...

:lol:

Not my job to defend Sully -- who rather enjoys poking hornets' nests to see what happens -- or his columns. (I will begrudgingly note, however, that he beat out a favorite of mine, Mike Vaccaro, for first place in sports columns in this year's statewide Associated Press writing contest.)

But if you think he's bad, how about Rob Parker asking Lions coach Rod Marinelli if his daughter should have married her husband, who happens to be Detroit's D-coordinator? (Hit Beerball's link for the full story ...)

Perfect example of TSW's decent into meaninless electron destruction....

Obviously, given Jerry's choice of occupation...

:lol:

Not my job to defend Sully -- who rather enjoys poking hornets' nests to see what happens -- or his columns. (I will begrudgingly note, however, that he beat out a favorite of mine, Mike Vaccaro, for first place in sports columns in this year's statewide Associated Press writing contest.)

Yeah, but winning AP writing awards is right up there with the Pro Bowl selection process, Lori. You're a better writer than Sullivan, at this stage of his career.