New Coach Options

BuffaloBlood

Obviously this is only if Jauron is let go .... which I pray he is..... but would we be ok with a complete system overhaul? Rex Ryan would most likley bring in his hybrid 3-4 defensive system so we would need to start making complete changes with certain players. He also seems like the tough hardnosed coach that will hold players accountable for the bad play that Dick does not. He may also be able to help solve out problem against 3-4 defenses since he runs one. Lets rememebr that the Bills D was at its best running the Wade Phillips 3-4 D. When executed correctly it is a much better D than the 4-3. The 4-3 is just easier to staff.

My idea is to get this guy on board as the coach and then throw a bunch of money at a guy like Terell Suggs. Hes a hybrid DE/LB that is an instant upgrade to our passrush and is a matchup nightmare for offenses since you can move him all over the place. If you get Ryan in as coach then I think you may have a legitamite chance at signing this guy but without Ryan I see no real reason he would ever choose Buffalo. Then I would go ahead and use one of my first 2 picks to take another ILB to pair with Poz or make a trade with Dallas for a guy like Bobby Carpentar who was a 1st round pick but has not been able to get in the lioneup with all the veteran LBs in Dallas. The LB corp would then be :

Mitchel Carpentar Poz Suggs

Also I think guys like Kelsey and Denney are better suited for a 3-4 since they are not pure pass rushers, hell a guy like Spencer Johnson may be better suited as a 3-4 end since there primary responsibility is the run......

Anyone else have thoughts on my ideas?

I would prefer to not bring in a coordinator with no HC experience.

I'd also prefer the Bills not hire a guy who seems to be a raging douchebag. A DC that goes behind his HC's back, and undercuts him with the owner, isn't the kind of guy you want leading your team, IMO.

Obviously this is only if Jauron is let go .... which I pray he is..... but would we be ok with a complete system overhaul? Rex Ryan would most likley bring in his hybrid 3-4 defensive system so we would need to start making complete changes with certain players. He also seems like the tough hardnosed coach that will hold players accountable for the bad play that Dick does not. He may also be able to help solve out problem against 3-4 defenses since he runs one. Lets rememebr that the Bills D was at its best running the Wade Phillips 3-4 D. When executed correctly it is a much better D than the 4-3. The 4-3 is just easier to staff.

My idea is to get this guy on board as the coach and then throw a bunch of money at a guy like Terell Suggs. Hes a hybrid DE/LB that is an instant upgrade to our passrush and is a matchup nightmare for offenses since you can move him all over the place. If you get Ryan in as coach then I think you may have a legitamite chance at signing this guy but without Ryan I see no real reason he would ever choose Buffalo. Then I would go ahead and use one of my first 2 picks to take another ILB to pair with Poz or make a trade with Dallas for a guy like Bobby Carpentar who was a 1st round pick but has not been able to get in the lioneup with all the veteran LBs in Dallas. The LB corp would then be :

Mitchel Carpentar Poz Suggs

Also I think guys like Kelsey and Denney are better suited for a 3-4 since they are not pure pass rushers, hell a guy like Spencer Johnson may be better suited as a 3-4 end since there primary responsibility is the run......

Anyone else have thoughts on my ideas?

Kelsay and Denney are too small to play in the 3-4. Spencer Johnson would work at end though.

What about Buddy Ryan? He did what I always wanted to do to Gilbride.

I never liked Buddy (as a human or HC...great DC) and thought he was an idiot for punching Gilbride. Now, I really understand.