Is it wrong........

generaLee83

Here's a crazy idea. How about rooting for Peters to continue to improve. Sign a reasonable extension in the offseason. Show up, on time for OTAs, make camp, and have a fabulous season with the Bills.

Despite all the bitching about Peters, the Fowler/Preson. Dockery, etc...Lynch and Jackson are averaging 4.2 yards per carry, this year, and the pass protection, in general, is better than it has been for years.

Is there room for improvement? Sure, plenty. But, this is an offensive line that needs one new body, and some tweaking. Then, it needs a professional OC that knows how to use it. This is NOT the time to be talking about major changes in the Bills offensive line, IMO.

You're right, Dean - it is a crazy idea.

Well-intentioned, but crazy. Peters is thinking of nothing but his next contract.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, Dean - it is a crazy idea.

Well-intentioned, but crazy. Peters is thinking of nothing but his next contract.

Then get him the contract, so he can concentrate on football. Paying your starting LT less than what most LTs get paid, is a good way to keep him focused on the contract. A contract in line with what starting LTs make, with incentives to move him to the top level, just might be the kind of motivation he needs. You know how your performance slacks off when you aren't getting paid at the level you deserve, don't you?

Then get him the contract, so he can concentrate on football. Paying your starting LT less than what most LTs get paid, is a good way to keep him focused on the contract. A contract in line with what starting LTs make, with incentives to move him to the top level, just might be the kind of motivation he needs. You know how your performance slacks off when you aren't getting paid at the level you deserve, don't you?

What performance? I just find a new job with the competition; somebody that values my abilities.

Agreed except that Peters is now never going to accept the salary that the average starting LT makes. In Jason Peters mind he is the unquestioned best LT in football, he wants to get paid as such and I just don't think he is going to accept an average contract heavy with incentives at this point.

Regarding your previous post about Peters' improvement in recent seasons while I agree that he has improved I just don't see why he would feel the need to improve at this point. His vocalizations sure don't seem to show any desire.

Well, in the NFL, that pesky contract gets in the way.

Exactly right. Peters has 2 years left on his contract before he can move on. Furthermore, if the Bills keep him at a devalued contract, he's easier to peddle to buyers.

I think some people missed the memo though. It isn't about putting a quality product on the field, winning football games, and building a team that can win a Super Bowl. It is really about how frugal the franchise can be and how much profitability it has in the bottom line. Afterall, a larger ROI can be had if the business being sold has books that show outstanding profitability.

Agreed except that Peters is now never going to accept the salary that the average starting LT makes. In Jason Peters mind he is the unquestioned best LT in football, he wants to get paid as such and I just don't think he is going to accept an average contract heavy with incentives at this point.

Regarding your previous post about Peters' improvement in recent seasons while I agree that he has improved I just don't see why he would feel the need to improve at this point. His vocalizations sure don't seem to show any desire.

What kills me is that you seem to believe you have some deep knowledge of what Peters thinks, will or won't accept and what motivates him. I didn't know you were so close to Jason. Basing all that you do on a few public remarks is pretty foolish, don't you think?

I'm not sure what you expect Peters to say, publicly when he is trying to get a new contract. "I stink"? What should he say when he is trying to get a new contract and is picked for the Pro Bowl..."I don't deserve this"? WTF is wrong with you people.

As these guys look at film all the time, with coaches, I'm sure Jason is quite aware of the mistakes he has made. That he doesn't talk about them publicly doesn't mean he thinks they don't exist.

Based on one ill-advised holdout (when he was seriously underpaid for a starting NFL LT, and the Bills weren't negotiating) many have decided he is a total bum, who won't be reasonable...despite all the other evidence to the contrary.

Despite his holdout, and the fact that the Bills have not talked to him about his contract (despite their "promise") Peters looks to have worked hard this season, to get back to the level he was at last year, before missing all of the offseason stuff. He is very close to his old form, now. Now, I know he has a pretty bad agent, but I would imaging that a creative contract, paying him well (but not as well as a STAR LT), with the chance to get to that star level, would work.

The season is over anyway, he deserves to get laughed off the field.

His blatant arrogance is only matched by his mediocre play and delusions of grandeur.

I guess one could make the point that if he plays well he may up his trade value in the offseason but for some reason I have a feeling that the softness of the Bills organization will somehow let him holdout again and miss training camp, they will end up paying him big bucks and he will continue to suck.

I however don't care to make that point since I'm disgusted with this entire organization, I hope he fails miserably.

Not like this game was going to be won by the Bills anyway.

good grief. you guys and your ulterior motives...don't be such a glutton for punishment. the team will be gone soon. let's just pull for a bills win.

Peters has flat out sucked this season?!?! How so? On the SportsCenter plays which are the only one's you have obviously focused on? Maybe you and the Senator should get cozy in the backseat of the generalee. You're perfect for one another! :thumbsup:
in fairness, he did allow a d-back to sashay right around him last week on the play that cost us the game. i'm not rooting for him to "fail," because i want us to win first and foremost. but he's not nearly as good as he thinks he is.

What kills me is that you seem to believe you have some deep knowledge of what Peters thinks, will or won't accept and what motivates him. I didn't know you were so close to Jason. Basing all that you do on a few public remarks is pretty foolish, don't you think?

I'm not sure what you expect Peters to say, publicly when he is trying to get a new contract. "I stink"? What should he say when he is trying to get a new contract and is picked for the Pro Bowl..."I don't deserve this"? WTF is wrong with you people.

As these guys look at film all the time, with coaches, I'm sure Jason is quite aware of the mistakes he has made. That he doesn't talk about them publicly doesn't mean he thinks they don't exist.

Based on one ill-advised holdout (when he was seriously underpaid for a starting NFL LT, and the Bills weren't negotiating) many have decided he is a total bum, who won't be reasonable...despite all the other evidence to the contrary.

Despite his holdout, and the fact that the Bills have not talked to him about his contract (despite their "promise") Peters looks to have worked hard this season, to get back to the level he was at last year, before missing all of the offseason stuff. He is very close to his old form, now. Now, I know he has a pretty bad agent, but I would imaging that a creative contract, paying him well (but not as well as a STAR LT), with the chance to get to that star level, would work.

I would have nothing to say if Peters played to an actual pro-bowl level this season. I would have nothing to say if his comments weren't so ridiculous. His delusions seem to match that of the rest of this Jauron led team.

He is nowhere near the player he was last season and now with his 2nd pro-bowl nod why would he feel the need for improvement? You get testy because I suggest that he personally may not want to improve so if you have direct knowledge otherwise then tell me because his public comments seem to be brimming with confidence about his play.

And what level of play are you talking about? The level of play in which he looked like a complete asss when a CB sprinted by him and knocked down the QB for the game winning fumble return last week? Are you talking about the frequent penalties and sacks given up?

We are so lucky to have somebody who knows Jason Peters intimately! :thumbsup:

You got that right, bud - I predicted months ago, with amazing prescience, and way before the undeserved pro bowl selection, that another holdout by Peters/Parker is a metaphysical certainty.

Just sit back, watch, and learn.

You got that right, bud - I predicted months ago, way before the undeserved pro bowl selection, that another holdout by Peters/Parker is a metaphysical certainty.

Just sit back, watch, and learn.

Of course, it is. He's still underpaid and the Bills have done nothing but levy fines.

No worries. I'm sure no other agents are monitoring how the Bills handle their best players.

Why has the hatred for Peters increased ever since he got the Pro Bowl nod? I'm pretty sure he didn't vote himself in.

You are saying he was not smart enough to vote for himself? That is pretty dumb!

Oh and my attitude has not changed regarding Peters since offseason.