Shooting Star

thewildrabbit

You had me until you suggested that Cassell is a starting QB in this league. Quality back up maybe but not a starter.

I find this take reminiscent of many terribly wrong takes about Brady after he won the Super Bowl against the Rams. Check what Cassel is doing. If he's not starter quality, he at least will have the distinction of being the only backup quality QB to ever have back-to-back 400 yard passing games!

You had me until you suggested that Cassell is a starting QB in this league. Quality back up maybe but not a starter.

Cassell is with a well-coached team and has feasted on a list of bottom feeder defenses. The only top defense he faced all year was Pittsburgh, and the Patriots got blown out in that game. Cassell's stat line for that game isn't so hot. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=2971...&week=REG13

Ok - I didn't know Cowher was in charge of the drafts for Pit.

He most certainly was not; he had absolutely no say in P'burgh's draft room whatsoever.

Dan Rooney is the only constant. Their primary draft coordinator was Donahoe (who had one of the most successful draft runs in the history of the NFL in his lengthy time in Pittsburgh). When Donahoe left it became Kevin Colbert; a P'burgh native with a lot of ties to Western Pennsyltucky football. But at teh end of the day both of those guys answer to the Rooneys.

Bill Cowher has no experience as a GM in any capacity and I personally think he would be an even worse GM than he was a coach, which was pretty bad. But some foolish franchise is going to give him oodles of money to come in and make a complete mess of their franchise. Since miami and NE are already stable I really, really hope it's the Jest. :wallbash:

I find this take reminiscent of many terribly wrong takes about Brady after he won the Super Bowl against the Rams.

It was obvious after about a month on the field what NE had in Brady, but I don't think Cassell has shown the same things. It's not easy to find a good comparison with Casselll's unique background, but I think bringing Brady into the conversation is overstating what Cassell has shown thus far.

Cassell is with a well-coached team and has feasted on a list of bottom feeder defenses. The only top defense he faced all year was Pittsburgh, and the Patriots got blown out in that game. Cassell's stat line for that game isn't so hot. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=2971...&week=REG13

I would like to see the Bills feast on ANYBODY, cheat,lie,steal,or anything NE is despised for.Cassell would be huge improvement to this team-plus bring the NE playbook.