What is 41 - 55

BuffaloBill

Bill Bellicheat had a record of 41-55 in hi six years of coaching the next year he went 11-5 and won the SB. There is no promise that Dick Jauron will turn it around but perhaps we must be more patient. I have said in many other posts that DJ will get one more year to prove he has what it takes.

I do not agree with it but the die is cast.

DJ has a proven track record of losing. he is a career loser.

its not his fault here i dont think. the organization has not put DJ into a position to succeed. i dont think it matters who our next coach is because 3 years from now we will be complaining about the same garbage. the problem comes from above coaching. from the organizations management and the owner.

Bill Bellicheat had a record of 41-55 in hi six years of coaching the next year he went 11-5 and won the SB. There is no promise that Dick Jauron will turn it around but perhaps we must be more patient. I have said in many other posts that DJ will get one more year to prove he has what it takes.

So all we have to do is draft a HoF QB and Dick should be all set.

Earlier this year I started a thread basically saying the same thing but, the crash this team has taken after going 4-0 to the current record says to me he has to go. There aren't that many teams that go 4-0 and then miss the playoffs. If he stays for another year we'll see what he can do but I'm not going to be very optimistic.

This train wreck is dead-headed straight to a 6-10 record.

The only shred of respectability that a 6-10 record could EVER hold, is if we went 6-0 in the Division.

Instead we'll be 6-10 and 0-6 in the Division.

Bad job by the Coaches and this year's squad. Bad job.

I'd really like to see how that 41-55 record breaks down in wins vs losses against good teams. I'm going to bet that Belicheat probably had a better record against +.500 teams and may have even occasionally won a "big" game.

I recently read a post here that stated that only twice since taking over as HC of the Bills has Jauron beaten a team with a winning record. If this is true then Dick should be fired immediately, don't even let him finish the season.

its not his fault here i dont think. the organization has not put DJ into a position to succeed. i dont think it matters who our next coach is because 3 years from now we will be complaining about the same garbage. the problem comes from above coaching. from the organizations management and the owner.

Did you read the original post? It showed one could say Belllycheat could have been called a "career loser" too -- right before he started winning all the time. It is a fact we can use to keep from burning our Bills flags this offseason.

Could you please explain a his 3-18 record since 2006 against teams that finished the season with a winning record.

Belichick's second season in NE he won an improbable SB with a rookie QB. He also won in his fourth and fifth seasons with the Patsies.

DJ? He can't even get over .500, and this season will be his 7th in 8 season below .500 for the season.

Did you read the original post? It showed one could say Belllycheat could have been called a "career loser" too -- right before he started winning all the time. It is a fact we can use to keep from burning our Bills flags this offseason.

While the records don't lie I would like to see how Billy B. faired against teams that were over .500. Who you beat sais a lot about the types of teams you bring up.

If someone can show me that Billy B was as horrible as Dicky J. initially when it came to tough games I would consider giving Dick a break.

While the records don't lie I would like to see how Billy B. faired against teams that were over .500. Who you beat sais a lot about the types of teams you bring up.

If someone can show me that Billy B was as horrible as Dicky J. initially when it came to tough games I would consider giving Dick a break.

You're the one trying to make this point, so I think you need to do the research if you want validity.

That said, through a cursory look at www.databasefootball.com, it appears that aside from his 1996 playoff season with the Browns, he beat about three teams that ended up with winning seasons.

All anyone needs to do is watch what Belichik does on the sideline during a game, and compare it to Jauron's involvement. Belichik knows everything going on top to bottom. He interacts with his defense. He's always making notes. He gets fired up and fires them up. Jauron stands stoic as if he's trying to make a point that his job is to watch everything play out. He barely moves. Hold on to that pipe dream that he's suddenly going to hit on the right combination and things will click for the next several years. The blind squirrel found a nut once and pulled off a miraculous 13-3 season in Chicago. What followed? A first-round playoff loss, and a 6-10 season following. The coincidence was the 1 winning season. The rest is what he is. Get over it and move on! He was a failed experiment.

Earlier this year I started a thread basically saying the same thing but, the crash this team has taken after going 4-0 to the current record says to me he has to go. There aren't that many teams that go 4-0 and then miss the playoffs. If he stays for another year we'll see what he can do but I'm not going to be very optimistic.

I don't think BuffaloBill was being optimistic either. His final sentence leads me to believe that he's concluded that we've got Dick and will continue to have Dick so we might as well make the best of having Dick.

Bill Belichick has one of the best coaching minds in the history of football coordinator and coach. This comparison has been brought up here and it's just as ridiculous now as it was the first time. Why? Because Dick Jauron is a dumb head coach. In NY, the local radio has been nicknamed dumb play calls "pulling a Jauron".

He's a very nice man that is well loved and respected, but he is dumb. Not overruling the Losman fade pattern to Evans two Sundays ago and overruling the called run to a roll out last Sunday is all the proof you need that this man is dumb. Dick has been a head coach in the NFL for 8 years will NEVER, AND I REPEAT NEVER all of a sudden become a smart man. You can not have a winning team in the NFL unless you have a passable amount of intelligence. Dick has proven in 7 of 8 seasons he is a dumb head coach, it's no coincidence that the one season he had a winning record as head coach is still considered the luckiest team in the history of the NFL.

Please can all of TSW refrain from making this Belichick/Jauron connection from now on? It's insulting and absurd to keep doing this.

Chicago put him in a position to succed and how did dick Jauron do with that situation 4-12 or 5-11 either way he went from 13-3 do bottom of the barrell he is a liability at the coaching position PERIOD!!! :wallbash:

The frustration with Dick jauron is he makes extremly bad game day decisions and is emotionless on the sidelines while his players take plays off and miss assignments.

there are coaches Like Cowher out there who have rock solid proven credentials. Why wait to see if jauron GETS IT eventually when we can have a guy who has GOT IT