ShopRite refuses to label cake Adolph Hitler....

Heels20X6

Already being discussed in the free speech? thread.

Free speech my ass. The store doesn't want to put the name on the cake, that's their business. Dood's stupid and free to call his kids whatever he wishes (unfortunately they will suffer consequences later in life).

Free speech my ass. The store doesn't want to put the name on the cake, that's their business. Dood's stupid and free to call his kids whatever he wishes (unfortunately they will suffer consequences later in life).

Yup. This is how I would have handled it: Here's a cake with a clean white sheet of frosting on the top, here's a tube of icing, knock yourself out.

(See what I did there?)

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2008...7773596-ap.html

I love his "I'm not racist" claim when he's named his son Adolph Hitler and his daughter "Aryan Nation".....

How sad that some parent would screw up their children with those names and the ideology. If some adult wants to think like a racist idiot I guess as long as they are not harming others then there is nothing that can be done about it. To raise your children this way should be illegal.

How sad that some parent would screw up their children with those names and the ideology. If some adult wants to think like a racist idiot I guess as long as they are not harming others then there is nothing that can be done about it. To raise your children this way should be illegal.

Ironically, Hitler spent a lot of Germany's money on research to develop methods of chemically castrating and neutering people with undesirable traits, low intelligence being one of those traits. It's too bad we couldn't have extended that work to these two future Darwin Award winners. And you're right, the real victims are the children. That kid is going to get his @ss kicked every day until he falls into the White Power crowd. The name is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Ironically, Hitler spent a lot of Germany's money on research to develop methods of chemically castrating and neutering people with undesirable traits, low intelligence being one of those traits. It's too bad we couldn't have extended that work to these two future Darwin Award winners. And you're right, the real victims are the children. That kid is going to get his @ss kicked every day until he falls into the White Power crowd. The name is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Yep. As long as we're forcing people do what's "right", there's nothing wrong with it.

Yup. This is how I would have handled it: Here's a cake with a clean white sheet of frosting on the top, here's a tube of icing, knock yourself out.

(See what I did there?)

And I would have charged them double. Nothing like making money off of dumb Nazis.

(See what I did there?)

Exactly what I was thinking. Every person is free to buy a tube of the Icing or gel, and as long as you possess the ability to write you can put whatever name you choose on your cake. There is a freedom of expression, and the cake decorator chose to exercize it as well. When I was in radio, there were spots I refused to cut because I didn't want my voice associated with a certain business or product. It didn't keep them off the air.

• 3 weeks later...