DPR4444

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He lacks passion. I wonder what he's like in the sack?  :lol:

89262[/snapback]

I preface this response with the belief that Drew is probably done because he has taken too many hits.

That said, imo he did make some valid points. Power running? Smashmouth? Sure, our OL is up to THAT task! <_<

Also, the "mental mistakes" comment was fully valid. Let Henry miss a few more assingments, let Williams usher a few DEs to JP, and in a few years, he too will be shot.

Sure, JP is more mobile and that is great, but ANY qb needs some time in the pocket. Aside from the ravens, I dont think that Drew, under the circumstances was THAT bad, but again, a change is fine with me.

Bottom Line? The Bills will suck until they can block.

I caught the Bills/Ravens hilights on Inside the NFL last night. Drew was talking to the WRs and I couldn't believe how blase he sounded...

[monotone]"There's a reason I'm back there that long. You guys gotta come back and help me out."[/monotone]

Way to blame everyone else but yourself, DB. I bet the other players love reading that.

89268[/snapback]

Just for fun, can we make a list of the Bills offensive players who have done a good job this season?

I will go with Price, Evans and MaGahee...3 spot players.

Care to add anyone?

Way to blame everyone else but yourself, DB. I bet the other players love reading that.

89268[/snapback]

I agree....seems to me that Drew's comments were directly towards the OL...who knows, maybe the OL will respond, or they will lose even more respect for him and Drew will get drilled again and again

"I will tell you that in looking at my own play, here is the situation, being completely honest with you," Bledsoe said. "I am the quarterback of a team that's a power-running team. Yet we have not run for a touchdown through six games.

completly true. but as the QB, you have to say, "we need to play better as a team", "our team has to play better", and stuff like that.

anytime the QB (leader) of a team starts to place blame on someone OTHER THAN HIM SELF, its a downward spiral to replacement. the O-Line has played like crap. and our run game is not nearly what we thaught it would be (mainly due to the O-Line). not his fault, but you cant point fingers.

this is a bad sign, but 1-5 is a bad team too.

how many times did David Carr blame his HORRABLE O-Line his first year?? not once. and just kept getting killed. but they had alot of respect for him after that.

completly true. but as the QB, you have to say, "we need to play better as a team", "our team has to play better", and stuff like that.

anytime the QB (leader) of a team starts to place blame on someone OTHER THAN HIM SELF, its a downward spiral to replacement.

Then why did all the Flutie-supporters not mind when he never took responsibility for *anything* that went wrong?

I also seem to recall Jim Kelly calling out Ballard after a bad game against the Colts. I seem to recall that Bills team going to the playoffs that year, and then going to four straight Superbowls starting the following year.

I think people here read too much into player/coaches comments...

CW

I agree....seems to me that Drew's comments were directly towards the OL...who knows, maybe the OL will respond, or they will lose even more respect for him and Drew will get drilled again and again

89290[/snapback]

Drew absolutely criticized the offensive line in that press conference. That's basically the main thing I took away from that. He essentially said that "We're supposed to be a power running team and we can't run, and when I drop back to pass I'm getting hit as much as anybody in this league. It's not my fault. It's that damn offensive line's fault, don't you all see that?"

It's like the Jedi master trying to use the same mind trick on us that he did on the folks in Pats country.

Then why did all the Flutie-supporters not mind when he never took responsibility for *anything* that went wrong?

I also seem to recall Jim Kelly calling out Ballard after a bad game against the Colts.  I seem to recall that Bills team going to the playoffs that year, and then going to four straight Superbowls starting the following year.

89317[/snapback]

Could it be because they were both winners & Drew is a loser???

You know what? I wish he had angrily defended himself, but I don't get that. I don't read passion, I don't read fire, I don't read desire. I read what JÂy saw on HBO last night...blase. I read what aussie did...no passion (although I can categorically state on the record that I have never ever ever wondered about how he was in the sack).

There is a reason NE improved once he was injured. There is a reason they were willing to trade within the division. We didn't see it then, but we do now. Great guy, lousy leader. <_<