Sounds like Mularkey sees a change at QB

seq004

my point being just because there is an alternative it is not necessarily a better one.

91641[/snapback]

How do you know if you dont try the alternative? I mean if you think broccoli is better then steak how would you know if you never had a steak? Do you think the Pats realized how much better Brady was before Brady got playing time?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everyone is an idiot like the people you've spoken too.

Reminds me of the Bush crowd who go "I'm voting for Bush because he's more of a Christian then Kerry."

Stupidity on both sides.  If you would like to chat about that lemme know in a pm or something

91424[/snapback]

couldn't agree more

like i said in my original post, that was not meant as an endorsement of either bledsoe or bush. i used the kerry reference because i met a girl last week who was a strong kerry supporter. when i asked her why she's voting for kerry she went off her problems with bush. i kept trying to get one reason to vote FOR kerry out of her and all i got was that she was AGAINST bush.

just like the folks who want matthews to start or want to ruin JPL by throwing in an injured rookie. their argument is bledsoe sucks

How do you know if you dont try the alternative?  I mean if you think broccoli is better then steak how would you know if you never had a steak?

91649[/snapback]

i like brocolli

and steak. surprise! i even

like brussel sprouts too

a little haiku love for ya :blush:

How do you know if you dont try the alternative?  I mean if you think broccoli is better then steak how would you know if you never had a steak?  Do you think the Pats realized how much better Brady was before Brady got playing time?

91649[/snapback]

Yeah, I mean I supported Drew until the Ravens game. It's just enough. I want to see Matthews give it a try till JP gets back which I think will be 2 weeks. It is a bad mix. Going into the season TD had to do at least 1 of 2 things. He could have totally revamped the o-line so that Drew could get the acres he needs to complete a pass or get a mobile QB who was ready to start. He did niether and gentlemen THAT is why we are 1-5. I want the Drew era to end asap and do my best to forget about the focking nightmare. Can't wait to see the costumes on Sunday.

What does all that have to do with Roethlisberger being able to make plays when his pass protection breaks down?

I think the original point is valid that Bledsoe has difficulty making plays when his protection breaks down.  Our Oline a QB are a bad mix.

91618[/snapback]

You know jad.....

I used to think just like this....maybe because I get tired of the O Line on our team thinking that mediocre play is acceptable......you just know that Bledsoe would be having an MVP season behind our Super Bowl line.....

But this ISN"T our Super Bowl line.....it is inconsistant.....and when you have inconsistant protection and COMPLETE lack of mobility that is a recipe for disaster....

When Drew Bledsoe sidestepped that Miami rusher.....I was happy for Drew...I was happy for the line....I was happy for the team.....but what I REALLY was thinking is if we had a QB that was a danger to do that ALL THE TIME then the pass protection problems we seemed to have would go away.....

I also equate it to the Doug Flutie days......to me...if Doug Flutie had Losmans arm and hight he would have been in the Pro Bowl as well.....because the "flutie defense" would have gotten teams killed....if they sat on the routes and didn't break containment on Flutie....they would just wait until he threw a weak pass and int it......if Flutie had Losmans cannon and hight.....the game would be over quick........

Teams are going to face a double threat with Losman......he can sit in the pocket and kill you downfield.....he can throw on the run when containment breaks down....and he can get a first down out of nothing by scrambling....giving the offense a whole new set of downs to score with......

I for one am anxiously awaiting Losmans return.......