Sounds like Mularkey sees a change at QB

seq004

there's an AP article on the TBD homepage that states just that...  Moulds says that if bledsoso continues to suck, he wants jp as the QB when he's healthy.  If bledsoso turns it around, then he's all for sticking with the man of granite.

90198[/snapback]

Here is the actaul quote but thanks for intepreting and ignoring the part about Moulds feeling Drew has played ALOT better this year.

Receiver Eric Moulds maintains his faith in Bledsoe, while acknowledging the possibility of Losman playing this season.

''I think when J.P. gets healthy, I think it's going to be a situation where the coach has got to look at that and say, `Is this the direction you want to go?''' Moulds said. ''But I think if we get it turned around and get some wins, I think they'll continue to stick with Drew and say: `This is our best chance to win.'''

Moulds noted that Bledsoe's status wouldn't be in question if the team was winning.

''If we were 5-1, that would be a different story. People would be feeling that Drew was doing a lot better than he did last year,'' Moulds said. ''But when you're not winning everything's magnified.''

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, when the season is over, i.e. if/when they hit 8 losses, I'll agree that putting Losman in there to get experience (because if the Bills lost 8, they'll still have a crappy O-line and offense and Losman will be running for his life) would be a good idea. I'm just not ready to write-off the season just yet. Call me the anti-Wade.

the 'anybody but drew' crowd reminds me of john kerry supporters.  most can't give me one reason to vote for kerry and go off on what's wrong with bush.  and most of the 'anybody but drew' crowd can't give one reason to start matthews other than what's wrong with bledsoe (and losman is neither healed nor ready)

*note* not  meant as an endorsement of either bush or bledsoe, just an observation on prevailing attitudes

90191[/snapback]

Let me try this example to see if the logic sinks home with you.

You have warts all over your face and body parts are starting to fall off. The medicine you are using is obviously not working (Bledsoe) . You have another medicine in your cabinet but havn't tried it yet. Your ear just falls off as your looking in the mirror. So you say to yourself, why not try this other medicine (Mathews or JP) my ear just fell off, what have I got to lose except my face.

Got it !

MM says" If thats what it takes it's not the only position it may happen to."

89231[/snapback]

Thanks for saying this Mike, AFTER our season is already lost. He should have acted 3 games ago.

Every game in the NFL is precious. Why don't our teams act that way? Too damn casual for my taste.

Let me try this example to see if the logic sinks home with you.

You have warts all over your face and body parts are starting to fall off. The medicine you are using is obviously not working (Bledsoe) . You have another medicine in your cabinet but havn't tried it yet. Your ear just falls off as your looking in the mirror. So you say to yourself, why not try this other medicine (Mathews or JP) my ear just fell off, what have I got to lose except my face.

Got it !

90649[/snapback]

lets see if this logic sinks into you...

ok, the medicine isn't working. so you look around your medicine cabinet and find all you have are exlax and birth control pills. do you really think thats gonna solve your problem?

If Losman were healthy I think he definately would be starting this week..... were a rock bottom Pathetic 1-5 team with a tv blackout crowd, playing the Cardinals at home......perfect scenario.................a threat of a Qb running for positive yardage in the redzone is an enormous disadvantage for the defense....I`m sure Bledsoe& staff would disagree with that......running up the middle behind weak fat guys is much better.

Nah, it's all Bledsoe.  No rushing TD's this year, the 5th worst rushing offense (by average yards per rush), and Peter King saying Mike Williams is a bust and hurting the team, point to major problems with Bledsoe's ability to get his line to get the running game going and play well.  But Matthews and/or Losman will fix all that.

90297[/snapback]

Lets cut to a commercial..

"HEY MIKEY," ......."TRY IT ,YOU MIGHT LIIIIKE IT!!!!"

the 'anybody but drew' crowd reminds me of john kerry supporters.  most can't give me one reason to vote for kerry and go off on what's wrong with bush.  and most of the 'anybody but drew' crowd can't give one reason to start matthews other than what's wrong with bledsoe (and losman is neither healed nor ready)

*note* not  meant as an endorsement of either bush or bledsoe, just an observation on prevailing attitudes

90191[/snapback]

OK Here is one reason to put in Mathews over Bledsoe. Mathews wins 50% of his starts. And those wins were on crappy teams just like the Bills. What is the Bills record under Bledsoe? You got it, LESS than .500

lets see if this logic sinks into you...

ok, the medicine isn't working.  so you look around your medicine cabinet and find all you have are exlax and birth control pills.  do you really think thats gonna solve your problem?

90718[/snapback]

I give up ! OK you stick with Bledsoe and go 1 and 15 for the year. Does that make you feel better?

Once again, I wish you guys would quit with the O-line reasoning. Let's face facts. In this league, O-lines are are all close in skills, with a few notable exceptions like Orlando Pace and a couple others who are just plain dominating. As an example, just look the ravens game to see what Schobel did with a so-called dominating O-tackle.

And, as far as McNally goes, he's obviously a great O-line coach as the past speaks for itself. So, why can't the Bills O-line do squat?

It's the QB, folks. 3/4ths of an O-line's performance is predicated on knowing what your QB will be doing and where your QB will be doing it. It is both for position and for confidence. Right now, the only thing anybody knows about Drew is that he'll be holding the ball, while lying on his back. In essence, the line has no contingency plan for Bledsoe to move to safety as the pocket evolves and they certainly have no confidence in knowing that he'll find that safe place. That's because he can't and won't.

Its funny, because a couple weeks ago when we all gasped as we saw Drew actually sidestep a rusher and step into the pocket a couple times, the line seemed to miraculously be giving him solid protection. Duh, the line wasn't playing any better than they generally play. But, for a change, they had a little confidence that they could create a little safe pocket and have Drew get into the safe spot and step into his throws and complete a few passes with some accuracy. Its just a case of the O-line and the QB getting on the same page, so-to-speak.

For whatever reason, Drew is incapable of improvising on the fly with his O-line. Until we get somebody that can play with his head in the game that way, our line will look bad. When we do, the line will be fine with the guys we have. Great, no. But fine, yes.

90191[/snapback]

Not everyone is an idiot like the people you've spoken too.

Reminds me of the Bush crowd who go "I'm voting for Bush because he's more of a Christian then Kerry."

Stupidity on both sides. If you would like to chat about that lemme know in a pm or something

Once again, I wish you guys would quit with the O-line reasoning.  Let's face facts.  In this league, O-lines are are all close in skills, with a few notable exceptions like Orlando Pace and a couple others who are just plain dominating.  As an example, just look the ravens game to see what Schobel did with a so-called dominating O-tackle.

And, as far as McNally goes, he's obviously a great O-line coach as the past speaks for itself.  So, why can't the Bills O-line do squat?

It's the QB, folks.  3/4ths of an O-line's performance is predicated on knowing what your QB will be doing and where your QB will be doing it.  It is both for position and for confidence.  Right now, the only thing anybody knows about Drew is that he'll be holding the ball, while lying on his back.  In essence, the line has no contingency plan for Bledsoe to move to safety as the pocket evolves and they certainly have no confidence in knowing that he'll find that safe place.  That's because he can't and won't.

Its funny, because a couple weeks ago when we all gasped as we saw Drew actually sidestep a rusher and step into the pocket a couple times, the line seemed to miraculously be giving him solid protection.  Duh, the line wasn't playing any better than they generally play.  But, for a change, they had a little confidence that they could create a little safe pocket and have Drew get into the safe spot and step into his throws and complete a few passes with some accuracy.  Its just a case of the O-line and the QB getting on the same page, so-to-speak.

For whatever reason, Drew is incapable of improvising on the fly with his O-line.  Until we get somebody that can play with his head in the game that way, our line will look bad.  When we do, the line will be fine with the guys we have.  Great, no.  But fine, yes.

91312[/snapback]

Good post. I agree. Our O-line isn't any worse than a dozen other teams. I'm not saying they can't get better but Drew just makes the Line appear so much worse than they are because he is always in the exact same spot....5 to 7 steps back in the pocket and can't buy himself time to save his life. Did ya hear how excited his linemen were after the Miami game? it was like "Whoa, where did that movement come from!?!". Anyway, you can tell from those types of remarks exactly how the Line feels about Drew Dreadslow.

Good post.  I agree. Our O-line isn't any worse than a dozen other teams. I'm not saying they can't get better but Drew just makes the Line appear so much worse than they are because he is always in the exact same spot....5 to 7 steps back in the pocket and can't buy himself time to save his life.  Did ya hear how excited his linemen were after the Miami game? it was like "Whoa, where did that movement come from!?!".  Anyway, you can tell from those types of remarks exactly how the Line feels about Drew Dreadslow.

91451[/snapback]

lol ok,

I have lost count how many times i have seen someone come into the backfield after drew because of poor blocking, misassignments, etc..

The one game we won was against the Dolphins and the oline actually blocked well and Willis happend to through in some good chip blocks. Look at the games we lost. Count the total number of rushing yards we had and the sacks. You will see why we lost.

lol ok,

I have lost count how many times i have seen someone come into the backfield after drew because of poor blocking, misassignments, etc..

The one game we won was against the Dolphins and the oline actually blocked well and Willis happend to through in some good chip blocks.  Look at the games we lost.  Count the total number of rushing yards we had and the sacks.  You will see why we lost.

91477[/snapback]

I'm not laughing. I said we are on par with a Dozen other teams. Obviously the line is not in the top half of the league. You mix our line, however, with a QB like Drew and you have a disaster. If you can't see that the QB is 70% of the sack problem here than you need to watch more NFL football. Big Ben just completed 21 for 25 at Dallas a couple weeks ago and at least half his throws were on the run due to protection breakdowns.

I'm not laughing.  I said we are on par with a Dozen other teams.  Obviously the line is not in the top half of the league.  You mix our line, however, with a QB like Drew and you have a disaster.  If you can't see that the QB is 70% of the sack problem here than you need to watch more NFL football.  Big Ben just completed 21 for 25 at Dallas a couple weeks ago and at least half his throws were on the run due to protection breakdowns.

91496[/snapback]

What were the rushing stats, how many balls did receivers drop, and WHAT did Roesthlisberger have to do with Vinny fumbling at his own 24 yard line (i.e. within FG range, to at least tie the game)?

What were the rushing stats, how many balls did receivers drop, and WHAT did Roesthlisberger have to do with Vinny fumbling at his own 24 yard line (i.e. within FG range, to at least tie the game)?

91615[/snapback]

What does all that have to do with Roethlisberger being able to make plays when his pass protection breaks down?

I think the original point is valid that Bledsoe has difficulty making plays when his protection breaks down. Our Oline a QB are a bad mix.