How many Losses this Season

murra

Right off the bat I'm going with Cleveland, and the Jets for sure. You can argue the red zone decision making vs San Fran or Miami as well. What other games do you think we would have won if Jauron wasn't the head coach? What would our record be if Jauron wasn't the head coach? I'm in a hypothetical sort of mood.

0 -- did not see him turn the ball over at all or throw an int. or miss 1 block . :lol:

but his teams have been woefully unprepapred and never stack up agianst good teams where he continues to look out coached...

I'd say if we had a high quality proven winer as a coach this team ends the seaosn 10-6 or better and makes the playoffs

Jauron has a losing attitude, which carries over to the team. Ever hear him say that his team was trying to "steal a win" from the opposing team. that right there tell sme he and the team expects to win. How about going out, taking care of business and getting the W vs stealing it.

Right off the bat I'm going with Cleveland, and the Jets for sure. You can argue the red zone decision making vs San Fran or Miami as well. What other games do you think we would have won if Jauron wasn't the head coach? What would our record be if Jauron wasn't the head coach? I'm in a hypothetical sort of mood.
How many games did the Bills come out elect to defend and let their opponent march down the field, thus starting the game down 7-0, that's an unprepared team and it points to coaching

Isnt the better question how many of the 6 wins are attributed to his coaching????????

Off hand I cannot not think of one!!!! :lol:

All of them.

He reigns over the design of the offense and defense, the personnel, the game plans and the crucial in-game decisions.

He also get all of the credit for the 20 wins he has generated in 3 seasons.

All of them.

He reigns over the design of the offense and defense, the personnel, the game plans and the crucial in-game decisions.

He also get all of the credit for the 20 wins he has generated in 3 seasons.

Too bad 18 of those wins were against teams finishing below .500.

I realize that it's wrong of me to select games to determine are Jauron's fault, but I believe the reality is that several times the talent of our team got us into a very winnable situation, and he sucked the life out of any momentum, and chalked up another L. I think that's whats most disappointing about this guy. I feel like the only momentum players generate is momentum built on an individual series. Once they hit the sidelines, it's like they're scolded for being upbeat, and they go right back to that careful attitude. The very attitude that caused Trent to think too much in the Cleveland game, and the attitude that tried to make JP Losman a dump off QB instead of a mad-bomber.

It really is hard to say. I do believe that if we had a GREAT coach, then perhaps 2-3 of the losses we have now would have gone the other way. However, there is some flawed logic with assumptions that we make about things.

Allow me to play devil's advocate for a moment.

Take the Browns game, for example. I, too, was frustrated with the way that Jauron decided to sit on the ball once the offense got it close to the 30 yard line. However, do we have any assurance that Lindell would have made the kick, even if it were 10 or more yards in? Yes, I know that he was perfect at that point from within 40 yards, but his very next kick (against SF), which was less than an extra point try, was a miss. In some ways, I give the coaching staff some credit for helping this young team regroup and in the position to win after losing the turnover battle 4-0.

I give Jauron a free pass in every game in which Losman played a major part. That means the Arizona, 49ers, Toronto, and most recent Jets games. JP is clearly uncoachable. Yes, blame Jauron for the 2nd and 5 call if you like, but there is no way that a 5th-year QB can make that sort of mistake. (I am also not excusing our very own Pro Bowl LT for whiffing on a block either.) Aside from that one call, I actually thought the Jets game was pretty well coached. The offense finally forced the running game, and the defense made the necessary adjustments after the first couple drives. And, remember, even after the ill--fated 2nd and 5 call, the offense STILL had two more chances -- and Losman did the impossible by turning the ball over 3 times in roughly 2:00.

Trent clearly hit a mid-year slump, which is not uncommon for a 2nd-year QB who is playing against familiar opposition for the first time. Is it any coincidence that every game that he lost this year [discounting the Arizona and SF games in which case he was out of the lineup by the 2nd half] has come against teams that had played against him before?

With a more stable, secure option at QB (at least a reliable veteran backup like Brian Griese or Kerry Collins), a genuine pass rushing DE, and an upgrade at one of the LB positions -- I suspect that Jauron would look a whole lot smarter than he does now.

Our coach is a high motor guy with good community relations (In Miami, New York and Boston) who deserves 3 more years. Trent just loves him to death. C'mon, guys, you know its "hard to win in the NFL"; I say without him going down with the ship we would have zero wins and 19 losses.

Cleveland the Jets, for sure. Just shameful, embarassing playcalling at the end of those games. Against San Fran and Miami, none of our players really showed up, and to me that falls on the HC as well...though its tough to call him "directly" responsible for those losses. My guess is that we are 9-5 with an average head coach.

It really is hard to say. I do believe that if we had a GREAT coach, then perhaps 2-3 of the losses we have now would have gone the other way. However, there is some flawed logic with assumptions that we make about things.

Allow me to play devil's advocate for a moment.

Take the Browns game, for example. I, too, was frustrated with the way that Jauron decided to sit on the ball once the offense got it close to the 30 yard line. However, do we have any assurance that Lindell would have made the kick, even if it were 10 or more yards in? Yes, I know that he was perfect at that point from within 40 yards, but his very next kick (against SF), which was less than an extra point try, was a miss. In some ways, I give the coaching staff some credit for helping this young team regroup and in the position to win after losing the turnover battle 4-0.

I give Jauron a free pass in every game in which Losman played a major part. That means the Arizona, 49ers, Toronto, and most recent Jets games. JP is clearly uncoachable. Yes, blame Jauron for the 2nd and 5 call if you like, but there is no way that a 5th-year QB can make that sort of mistake. (I am also not excusing our very own Pro Bowl LT for whiffing on a block either.) Aside from that one call, I actually thought the Jets game was pretty well coached. The offense finally forced the running game, and the defense made the necessary adjustments after the first couple drives. And, remember, even after the ill--fated 2nd and 5 call, the offense STILL had two more chances -- and Losman did the impossible by turning the ball over 3 times in roughly 2:00.

Trent clearly hit a mid-year slump, which is not uncommon for a 2nd-year QB who is playing against familiar opposition for the first time. Is it any coincidence that every game that he lost this year [discounting the Arizona and SF games in which case he was out of the lineup by the 2nd half] has come against teams that had played against him before?

With a more stable, secure option at QB (at least a reliable veteran backup like Brian Griese or Kerry Collins), a genuine pass rushing DE, and an upgrade at one of the LB positions -- I suspect that Jauron would look a whole lot smarter than he does now.

Sorry but he's had 3 years to show us how smart he is and if anything, this year he's shown us quite the opposite. This team has regressed badly. Blame it on the QBs (BOTH of them), blame it on the line, blame it on the defense in some games, blame it on Lindell. But the buck stops with him. He himself said at the start of the season that anything less than the playoffs this year is unacceptable. Well, he needs to look in the mirror and realize he is not getting that job done.