RE: Madoff

Tcali

No, what he needs is time in a maximum security prison, where he'll become a human toilet.

I don't think that is really the answer either; especially for a 70 year old guy.

I'd like to see guys like this whose crime is about money to pay with money; meaning EVERYTHING. Not $1MM, or $5MM or $20MM, but all of it. Sell all his houses, liquidate all his holdings, auction off his belongings. Have forensic accountants track down every dime and put it into the pool that his creditors will have to fight over.

This guy will not die in jail and he will not die poor, and that's the injustice.

This guy will not die in jail and he will not die poor, and that's the injustice.

I like your thinking. The fact that he was trying to give money to relatives and friends, not the people he bilked billions from, is what irked me the most about this story.

I found the story fascinating on so many levels.

I agree about recouping everything one can recoup. Unfortunately that won't even be a drop in the bucket. I think dying in prison is probably the only recourse, even for a seventy year old man. Why would we be heartfelt for him? Think of the mentally ill in prison. The largest institutions for the mentally disabled in the United States according to the Department of Justice?

Rykers Islane

Cook County Jail

LA County Jail.

I'm not wasting time worrying about a rich old white guy who bilked other rich folk. Let him rot.

• 2 months later...
I agree about recouping everything one can recoup. Unfortunately that won't even be a drop in the bucket. I think dying in prison is probably the only recourse, even for a seventy year old man. Why would we be heartfelt for him? Think of the mentally ill in prison. The largest institutions for the mentally disabled in the United States according to the Department of Justice?

Rykers Islane

Cook County Jail

LA County Jail.

I'm not wasting time worrying about a rich old white guy who bilked other rich folk. Let him rot.

Good thing he's not a rich old black guy. At lest now be can join the Aryan nation.

Saying he may only serve 15-18 years after the 85% federal requirement. Word on the street is that he screwed the Russian Mob, I wouldn't expect him to last too long in the prison system, or on the street.

Saying he may only serve 15-18 years after the 85% federal requirement. Word on the street is that he screwed the Russian Mob, I wouldn't expect him to last too long in the prison system, or on the street.

Sounds like a win/win to me.

Judging from how the Montreal Canadiens have been playing lately... Who couldn't even beat the putrid Sabres, he has a good chance staying upright.

Oh, you mean the other "Russian Mob."

Sorry, bad joke! :thumbsup:

And what would stop them from living off friends that that sympathize or they have helped?

Just send them to jail.

If were up to me, he'd be in Gitmo getting waterboarded on a daily basis until he disclosed where every last f---ing dime was hidden.

Then he'd be sent to jail.

If were up to me, he'd be in Gitmo getting waterboarded on a daily basis until he disclosed where every last f---ing dime was hidden.

Then he'd be sent to jail.

But, as it works in this world, by this time next year he'll be drinking mojitos with Ken Lay (Oh, sorry. "Jerry Burns") in a tropical East Nowhere country.