Who was Buffalo's last angry coach?

DIE HARD 1967

Yeah, but its ok when Saban does it- after all he's won championships...which makes it ok to quit without notice.....before you even start.

The point I am making is Ralph selects good employees over good coaches

But, Dick is always on time to work and he parks his car in the right space.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I just want to try to put this issue to bed. The team does not NEED an angry coach, it just needs a good coach (though I do prefer the fiery variety myself). The reason that everybody is demanding a gruden/cowher type is because that sort of coach is the polar opposite of Jauron, and many of us have fallen into the logic trap of assuming that anything that possesses an opposite quality of a bad entity must be a good entity. (In other words, if you had an abusive mother who made bad apple pie, you might be inclined to associate good apple pie with good mothering, even though the two are markedly unrelated.)

There are many coaches with even demeanors that have had great success in recent past. Lovie Smith, Tony Dungy, and Mike Smith, and John Harbaugh immediately come to mind. On the flip side of the coin, Rod Marinelli, Norv Turner, and Jack Del Rio (three rather animated HCs) have coached teams that horribly underperformed this year.

Bottomline? There are pros and cons to each type of demeanor. A fiery coach can easily motivate the troops in times of desperation, but more than likely will rub many players the wrong way. The vice versa scenario is true for the even-headed coach.

So the solution to Buffalo's problem is to hire a good, intelligent head coach even if he has the personality of a bristle pad.

Lets go back over the last 45 years...

Who was the last coach in Buffalo to raise his voice in a post game press conference at OBD or the Rockpile?

Its called passion guys, are the Bills so good that the coaches have no reason to be angry?

Have you ever wondered about that?

The last coach I remember getting angry was Lou Saban, and he was conveniently released from his contract after the season.

Do our coaches have a "WILL NOT GET ANGRY" clause in their contracts.

I truly believe Buffalo fans want the true answers, and not some coach blowing wind or avoiding the true questions.

This is one of the main reasons Buffalo fans don't like most of our coaches, on Monday we receive NO REAL ANSWERS and the head coach doesn't seem to care.

We can't even get a straight answer on a contract extension.

You probably heard the saying " A team takes on the personally of the head coach"

Open the links below and compare these guys to any former Buffalo Bills Head coach.

Here is Dick Jauron after an embarrassing loss at home to the Rams "Theres not a lot we can say about it" says Jauron

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...0b-c30381a6c0d8

I am not interested in some maniac, screaming head coach, but a little passion would be welcome in Buffalo.

Note: If you can figure out why our head coaches never get angry about anything, you may be on to something.

DIE HARD 1967

DIE HARD, first off thanks for that link to "NFL angry coaches" It was great seeing all those classics in one clip. :bag:

Carl Mauck was a damn angry coach. Does an offensive line coach qualify as last angry coach?

Lastly, I liked Jauron's responses to "the play." He was cool under fire, had me convinced, covered for his QB and OC, and showed great leadership qualities. I'd back him up with that type of character. I see what Marv liked in him. :P

The point I am making is Ralph selects good employees over good coaches

But, Dick is always on time to work and he parks his car in the right space.

I know what your point was- mine was to make sure everyone that is too young to know completely understands what a piece of trash Saban really was

Sometimes emotion can be a bad thing- coaching style really doesn't matter.....a coach needs to be himself, instead of trying to emulate somebody else's style

And that's why Mularkey looked like a complete jackass try to emulate Cowher.

DIE HARD, first off thanks for that link to "NFL angry coaches" It was great seeing all those classics in one clip. :bag:

Carl Mauck was a damn angry coach. Does an offensive line coach qualify as last angry coach?

Lastly, I liked Jauron's responses to "the play." He was cool under fire, had me convinced, covered for his QB and OC, and showed great leadership qualities. I'd back him up with that type of character. I see what Marv liked in him. :P

I want everyone to know I don't place all the blame with Dick Jauron, I see a team that lacks confidence and enthusiasm on the field.

Personally, I think team leadership is one of the many problems

Ok I just want to try to put this issue to bed. The team does not NEED an angry coach, it just needs a good coach (though I do prefer the fiery variety myself). The reason that everybody is demanding a gruden/cowher type is because that sort of coach is the polar opposite of Jauron, and many of us have fallen into the logic trap of assuming that anything that possesses an opposite quality of a bad entity must be a good entity. (In other words, if you had an abusive mother who made bad apple pie, you might be inclined to associate good apple pie with good mothering, even though the two are markedly unrelated.)

There are many coaches with even demeanors that have had great success in recent past. Lovie Smith, Tony Dungy, and Mike Smith, and John Harbaugh immediately come to mind. On the flip side of the coin, Rod Marinelli, Norv Turner, and Jack Del Rio (three rather animated HCs) have coached teams that horribly underperformed this year.

Bottomline? There are pros and cons to each type of demeanor. A fiery coach can easily motivate the troops in times of desperation, but more than likely will rub many players the wrong way. The vice versa scenario is true for the even-headed coach.

So the solution to Buffalo's problem is to hire a good, intelligent head coach even if he has the personality of a bristle pad.

I clearly stated that Buffalo does not need a maniac, screaming coach, I believe the team and fans need a passionate head coach that can solve problems and set a good example in the locker room.

Players need to understand that missing the playoffs after a fast start is unexceptionable and the coaching staff is capable of fixing problems on a weekly basis.