Who was Buffalo's last angry coach?

DIE HARD 1967

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lou was the only coach who wouldn't take $$it from ralph, and ralph knew it.

I used him as an example for that reason.

Ralph wants good employees that keep their mouths closed.

Ralph is simply old school, you are an employee, I am the boss

The only coaches he really respected was Chuck Knox and Marv Levy

Lou Saban was always quiting some team, just like Parcells did.

Lets go back over the last 45 years...

Who was the last coach in Buffalo to raise his voice in a post game press conference at OBD or the Rockpile?

Its called passion guys, are the Bills so good that the coaches have no reason to be angry?

Have you ever wondered about that?

The last coach I remember getting angry was Lou Saban, and he was conveniently released from his contract after the season.

Do our coaches have a "WILL NOT GET ANGRY CLAUSE IN THEIR CONTRACT?"

I truly believe Buffalo fans want the true answers, and not some coach blowing wind or avoiding the true questions.

This is one of the main reasons Buffalo fans don't like most of our coaches, on Monday we receive NO REAL ANSWERS and the head coaches don't seem to care.

We can't even get a straight answer on a contract extension.

You probably heard the saying " A team takes on the personally of the head coach"

Open the links below and compare these guys to any former Buffalo Bills Head coach.

Here is Dick Jauron after an embarrassing loss at home to the Rams "Theres not a lot we can say about it" says Jauron

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...0b-c30381a6c0d8

Note: If you can figure out why our head coaches never get angry about anything, you may be on to something.

DIE HARD 1967

I love Parcells

Lou was the only coach who wouldn't take $$it from ralph, and ralph knew it.

...which is why you'll never see his name on the wall.

but seriously, since when did "angry" become the prime prerequisite for coaching greatness? chuck knox and lou saban weren't great because they were merely "angry." i agree you have to raise your voice from time to time, but to think that is the only thing this franchise is missing is laughable.

...which is why you'll never see his name on the wall.

but seriously, since when did "angry" become the prime prerequisite for coaching greatness? chuck knox and lou saban weren't great because they were merely "angry." i agree you have to raise your voice from time to time, but to think that is the only thing this franchise is missing is laughable.

You will notice some of the above coaches in the link are no longer head coaches or about to be fired.

Dick Jauron is not a motivator, I think that is pretty obvious

You will notice some of the above coaches in the link are no longer head coaches or about to be fired.

Dick Jauron is not a motivator, I think that is pretty obvious

Motivation is not the problem. Most of us expected to be blown out Sunday, and they went down 14-3 to a superior team in a hostile environment. It would have been easy for a team that lacks passion to crumble up and go through the motions...but they clawed their way back into the game, as they've done multiple times this year.

Again, motivation is NOT whats missing. Its coaching and/or talent, depending on your point of view.

He was coaching a High School team 2 miles from my house in floridia 2 years ago.

The guy is almost 85 years old, I heard he moved outside NYC recently

Lou Saban is the only coach that I saw take those tough losses just as badly as I did. That is why he is my favorite coach of all-time.

And... Chuck Knox should have and would have won a Superbowl with better ownership. The 1980 Bills would have beaten any of our four S.B. loss teams of the 90's. If Joe Ferguson doesn't play on one leg, we are the ones demolishing the Eagles in Superbowl XV.

Motivation is not the problem. Most of us expected to be blown out Sunday, and they went down 14-3 to a superior team in a hostile environment. It would have been easy for a team that lacks passion to crumble up and go through the motions...but they clawed their way back into the game, as they've done multiple times this year.

Again, motivation is NOT whats missing. Its coaching and/or talent, depending on your point of view.

The sure looked unmotivated against the Browns, the first Miami game and the Rams at home

Lou Saban is the only coach that I saw take those tough losses just as badly as I did. That is why he is my favorite coach of all-time.

And... Chuck Knox should have and would have won a Superbowl with better ownership. The 1980 Bills would have beaten any of our four S.B. loss teams of the 90's. If Joe Ferguson doesn't play on one leg, we are the ones demolishing the Eagles in Superbowl XV.

I agree with you 100%.

Chuck was a great coach, Ralph clearly screwed up with that guy.

I wonder what ever happened to Chuck Knox?

Contrary to what some believe, Marv was very animated on the sidelines but he also treated his players like men and not children which is one of his best assets. I never understood the Dick Jauron comparisons to Marv Levy from day one, Marv might not have been the strongest X's and O's guy but he had the perfect personality to be a football coach.

Contrary to what some believe, Marv was very animated on the sidelines but he also treated his players like men and not children which is one of his best assets. I never understood the Dick Jauron comparisons to Marv Levy from day one, Marv might not have been the strongest X's and O's guy but he had the perfect personality to be a football coach.

I think Ralph trusted Marv, and that is the difference

I think the exact emotinal style of our coaches has gotten overblown, but I think it comes down to this: We need a coach who tells his players "if you listen to me, we're going to win, if you don't, we're going to lose" and have his players believe that. That can be through screaming or it can be through sheer confidence or it could be through experience. That also means no more of this horsecockery like we've seen in the past few seasons in terms of playcalling - players aren't going to believe it if the coach doesn't deliver.

I think the exact emotinal style of our coaches has gotten overblown, but I think it comes down to this: We need a coach who tells his players "if you listen to me, we're going to win, if you don't, we're going to lose" and have his players believe that. That can be through screaming or it can be through sheer confidence or it could be through experience. That also means no more of this horsecockery like we've seen in the past few seasons in terms of playcalling - players aren't going to believe it if the coach doesn't deliver.

I think we need a BIG coach that will beat the crap out of them (lol)

I used him as an example for that reason.

Ralph wants good employees that keep their mouths closed.

Ralph is simply old school, you are an employee, I am the boss

The only coaches he really respected was Chuck Knox and Marv Levy

Lou Saban was always quiting some team, just like Parcells did.

Yeah, but its ok when Saban does it- after all he's won championships...which makes it ok to quit without notice.....before you even start.