Playboy Cover In Mexico Shows The Virgin Mary

Steely Dan

Linkage

The release was timed to coincide with the annual pilgrimage to Mexico City celebrating an apparition of the Virgin. The magazine's headline reads in Spanish: "We love you, Mary." About 100,000 copies were printed, Reuters said.

"The image is not and never was intended to portray the Virgin of Guadalupe or any other religious figure," Raul Sayrols, publisher of Playboy Mexico, said in a prepared statement. "The intent was to reflect a Renaissance-like mood on the cover."

I would love to see Time or Newsweek have a cover depicting a female Mexican illegal immigrant being deported with the caption: NO ROOM AT THE INN, and a subtitle that we didn't mean to OFFEND anyone. <_<

Or some Moslem with one of those headscarves on and a bomb strapped around her naked waist.

I would love to see Time or Newsweek have a cover depicting a female Mexican illegal immigrant being deported with the caption: NO ROOM AT THE INN, and a subtitle that we didn't mean to OFFEND anyone. :thumbsup:

The Virgin Mary is an Caucasian American now? I mean you seem to be offended that Mexicans made fun of an "American Icon" like the VM?

What's the point of your post? Enlighten us please?