Does it get any worse for a Yankee fan?

duey

Being in the NYC area...I've had to deal with the pissing and moaning of Yankee fans for a week now. This is what I gather from these fine folks regarding their current feelings...here's why this is the worst season ever...

They didn't win the World Series.

They didn't even make the World Series.

They were up 3-0, and lost.

They were up 3-0, and lost to the Red Sox.

They were up 3-0, and lost to the Red Sox...at Yankee Stadium...you know, the house that Ruth built.

George publically ridiculed the Red Sox owner for not getting ARod.

Yankees fans relished this fact, and even laughed as the Sox had to settle for Schilling;

ARod was a big, overpaid, puss, while Schilling showed the kind of guts and determination that is rarely found in this game anymore.

No longer can "1918" be chanted at the Stadium.

The "Curse of the Bambino" is dead...dead and gone forever.

No longer can any Yankee fan say that the Sox are their bitches.

For eternity...the Yankees will be remembered as the only team...EVER...who lost a 3-0 lead...and it was against the most hated Red Sox...and it was completed at Yankee Stadium.

For Yankee-haters everywhere, and for baseball as a whole, this is truly a great day.

CONGRATULATION RED SOX!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Red Sox will always be the Yankees bitches. And if believe the Yankees will sign Pedro I have some swamp land I would love to sell you. I do not care how much George wants to win, he would never stoop so low as to bring in Pedro.

We signed Wade and Roger so they could win a World Series Ring, Pedro has one now, so he is officially Persona Non-Grata with the Yanks.

How about them showing a bar in NYC with people celebrating?  That was funny to me...

89141[/snapback]

When I saw that I almost puked. It amazed me that a Met fan did not come in and shoot all those losers. How the hell can a NYC bar allow Red Sox fans to celebrate, and even more so, let it get captured on film. That owner will probably see some serious "damage" to the business.

The Red Sox will always be the Yankees bitches.  And if believe the Yankees will sign Pedro I have some swamp land I would love to sell you.  I do not care how much George wants to win, he would never stoop so low as to bring in Pedro. 

We signed Wade and Roger so they could win a World Series Ring, Pedro has one now, so he is officially Persona Non-Grata with the Yanks.

89136[/snapback]

your vanity is stunning. You and the faux Yankees of the world ( there are lucid Yankee fans they are hard to hear because of the ir boisterous bretheren) are like the school yard bully who has just had his manhood challenged. It is over and you know it. The cupboard is bare, you have no hyped minor leaguers to bargain with and losers and poisonous personalities, viz: Brown, Lofton, and Sheffield will larden the payroll. Enjoy paying 60% of the overage of 120 mil (roughly) 36 mil in luxury tax

That would have been great, dickhead! Have some class, THe SOx just did something no other MLB team has done! Bitter fans! LOL!

When I saw that I almost puked.  It amazed me that a Met fan did not come in and shoot all those losers.  How the hell can a NYC bar allow Red Sox fans to celebrate, and even more so, let it get captured on film.  That owner will probably see some serious "damage" to the business.

89149[/snapback]

When I saw that I almost puked.  It amazed me that a Met fan did not come in and shoot all those losers.  How the hell can a NYC bar allow Red Sox fans to celebrate, and even more so, let it get captured on film.  That owner will probably see some serious "damage" to the business.

89149[/snapback]

Met fan?? Half of the people in that bar probably were Met fans. We were all rooting for the Sox!!

How about them showing a bar in NYC with people celebrating?  That was funny to me...

89141[/snapback]

They had to show bars outside of Boston because the city of Boston banned live TV shots from inside bars to limit the problems that happened after game 7 against the Yanks - the thought was that fans were getting too wild and trying to go crazy for the cameras and it was best not to rile them up even more. I think it was a good idea.

Funny how when most teams celebrate it's about them.

When the BoSox win...it's about the Yanks.

I gotta a grand that says that the main cheer at the parade will be "Yankees suck"....if the Yankees would have won would you be hearing anything about the BoSox.

This rivalry reminds me how Canada feels about the US. It's like anytime they accomplish something, rather than just feeling good about it they've gotta try and shove it in the American's face.

You'd be better off ignoring them. Because in the end you are the best team in baseball for 2004.

I'm just an outsider looking in folks.

Yes you are a outsider!!!, it is a rivalary that is hard to understand. THe Yankees historically always win.. not anymore, the way the Yanks went down was historical!

Funny how when most teams celebrate it's about them.

When the BoSox win...it's about the Yanks.

I gotta a grand that says that the main cheer at the parade will be "Yankees suck"....if the Yankees would have won would you be hearing anything about the BoSox.

This rivalry reminds me how Canada feels about the US. It's like anytime they accomplish something, rather than just feeling good about it they've gotta try and shove it in the American's face.

You'd be better off ignoring them. Because in the end you are the best team in baseball for 2004.

I'm just an outsider looking in folks.

89306[/snapback]

First and foremost, this Yankees fan congratulates the Boston Red Sox and their true fans on a job well done. It was a great accomplishment and something this particular team deserves.

Now having said that, there are some facts that need to be pointed out:

1. The Red Sox wanted Vasquez more than they wanted Schilling.

2. The Red Sox Nation was crushed when the A-Rod deal fell through. ESPNews was giving round the clock discussion about the pending trade, and all of you Red Sox fans were DYING for it to happen.

3. You had no idea what you were getting when you signed guys like Bill Mueller, Kevin Millar, David Ortiz, and Mark Bellhorn, not to mention many of the bullpen guys like Timlin and Embree.

4. When Nomar was traded for two .240 hitters, Red Sox Nation was LIVID with the front office.

Now...all of this obviously worked out. This bunch came together, played great baseball throughout the second half, got into the postseason and sandwiched two lopsided wins over the Angels and Cards around a great series win over the Yankees. Like I said, they deserve all of the credit in the world. Their moves worked out a little better than the moves the Yankees made.

But you are sadly mistaken if you think Yankee fans are going to drink the kool-aid because the Red Sox finally won a World Series. You are sadly mistaken if you think the rest of the country outside of the fans of the Red Sox, Yankees and Cardinals are happy for you because you were supposedly the little guy. I think columnist Mike Lopresti said it best when he wrote, "What the ALCS has are two of a kind. One just better at it than the other.

This not to ignore how the Red Sox have been destiny’s Rosen dummy. Favored victims of the Bronxian Empire. A long-running series of autumnal bad dreams.

But it must also be mentioned what they are not.

They are not Hickory from "Hoosiers." They are not Rocky. Not the Bad News Bears or Charlie Brown’s All-Stars or the Salvation Army.

They are a franchise that spent lavishly in a headlong quest to get what it wanted. A team that attacked its quarry with a $127 million payroll this season, far behind the pinstripes, but far ahead of anyone else in the game.

The Red Sox will start Curt Schilling in Game 1 and Pedro Martinez in Game 2. And for those two arms, Boston pays roughly the equivalent of the entire Tampa Bay Devil Rays’ roster.

Don’t sound much like the people’s choice, do they? The Red Sox are as cuddly as dry ice."

So Red Sox fans....your team played the Yankee game with regards to free spending and look what it got you-- a World Series victory that you will cherish forever. You probably don't give a rat's ass about your payroll right now, do you? Of course not. Well, now you know how us Yankees fans have felt all these years.

So soak it up, cherish this title...even talk your trash. We'll see you in the spring. Bunch of wildcard bitches shouldn't even have made the playoffs anyway. <_<

Seems to me its the Yankee fans that are obsessed with the Red Sox.  Why else would they be crushed when the Sox won the world series?

89365[/snapback]

Far from crushed. All of you who think the Yanks are now going to fold up and retreat are dilusional.

Congrats to the Red Sox in winning.