Most likely senerio

DIE HARD 1967

If they can get a real offensive coordinator like Norv Turner, I'd be reasonably happy.

I would wet myself with joy if that happened. Then, I would crap myself with anger because Jauron would still override him with stupid calls like the ones being made in the last 8 games....

I would wet myself with joy if that happened. Then, I would crap myself with anger because Jauron would still override him with stupid calls like the ones being made in the last 8 games....

I believe it is fair to assume that if Jauron returns the fan base will be unhappy.

Ralph will need to justify keepeing Jauron, so I believe he will want changes elsewhere.

Ralph Wilson is 90 years old and it is time to place some trust in others

And thanks for pointing out the likely role that Derek Fine looks to play in our long-term plans - he should be ready for full-time duty next season. For sure, a big problem with this team is the utter lack of a pass rush - pass rushers, in my mind, are the #2 difference maker in football after the QB. Getting Schobel back will help a lot, but the Bills have serious needs for improvement in the pass rush department.

JDG

The need for a pass rush is huge. You can't take away one player (Schoebel) and lose your entire pass rush. It has been pitiful. Stroud has been great, but the bills still can't generate a rush without sending a LB.

I know Kelsay and Denney are kinda solid, but there's no way they should call themselves good DEs when they can't rush the passer. They can't rush the damn passer!

I think you are right about some things. But RW keeping DJ? Not so certain that will happen < than 8/8 sounds right to me. I personally think Bobby April gets that spot (for countinity sake), and we get a GM (FB operations, maybe). I doubt Turk will be asked to stay or AVP for that matter. I think a vet HC like Norv Turner might be an option for OC but he would have to get along with BA. I would hope RW opens the purse for a pass rush DE and a center and maybe a olb (I wouldn't mind seeing Crowell back but........ who was mad at him anyway, admit your mistakes on both sides and bring him back). It would be great if they got more line help on both sides but I see that happening in the draft, so I doubt we see the fruits of it next year.

The talent on the team at skill positions is good. One good tall target with some experience would be good as well (although, all season long I have been begging to see Johnson in there as #2). I honestly don't know about TE, sometimes he has looked like he is good and others he has JP disease, hopefully it is a youngness thing. I also hope they have the sense to bring in a tutor, back up who is good enough to take over if he is injured (who? IDK). I think if we were going to fight for playoffs this year we may have seen him but he also was stinky, before the groin pull....... Hope he's not prone to pulling his groin too much, that wouldn't be good. <_<:doh:

I think you are right about some things. But RW keeping DJ? Not so certain that will happen < than 8/8 sounds right to me. I personally think Bobby April gets that spot (for countinity sake), and we get a GM (FB operations, maybe). I doubt Turk will be asked to stay or AVP for that matter. I think a vet HC like Norv Turner might be an option for OC but he would have to get along with BA. I would hope RW opens the purse for a pass rush DE and a center and maybe a olb (I wouldn't mind seeing Crowell back but........ who was mad at him anyway, admit your mistakes on both sides and bring him back). It would be great if they got more line help on both sides but I see that happening in the draft, so I doubt we see the fruits of it next year.

The talent on the team at skill positions is good. One good tall target with some experience would be good as well (although, all season long I have been begging to see Johnson in there as #2). I honestly don't know about TE, sometimes he has looked like he is good and others he has JP disease, hopefully it is a youngness thing. I also hope they have the sense to bring in a tutor, back up who is good enough to take over if he is injured (who? IDK). I think if we were going to fight for playoffs this year we may have seen him but he also was stinky, before the groin pull....... Hope he's not prone to pulling his groin too much, that wouldn't be good. :lol:<_<

Well, I agree with you.

I am ussually pretty good at this guys. If you remember right, I predicted Ralph would bring in Marv Levy and I also predicted Dick Jauron as head coach because Marv was in Chicago doing broadcasting for the Bears. Both Levy and Jauron have been friends for years.

I know Ralph Wilson like the back of my hand, I believe I understand how he thinks. Ralph does not like powerful, outspoken head coaches that demand changes, he prefers good soldiers. Lou Saban was outspoken and they tangled often.

This is what I think will happen....

#1 I believe you are stuck with Dick Jauron, but his extension may have a clause that reads 8-8 or no deal.

This may be the reason for no official announcement by the Bills. This type of clause is common in NFL contracts.

I think you will find most of the assistants will be fired. ( They become the scapegoats.)

#2 A Vice President responsible for team dirrection and some limited game planning. (Similar to Bill Parcells)

This will take some heat off Dick Jauron with the fans. ( Probably some ex head coach with a pretty good reputation)

Example: Jack Del Rio, Mike Holmgrem should they be fired. I prefer Del Rio or Holmgren as head coach, but Ralph can

always plug them in later.

#3 Trent Edwards is your guy till he proves he has a "Consistent" weakness that is uncorrectable.

Buffalo will never use a premium draft pick until they are Sure Trent is not the guy.

The injury prone situation is simply the unknown factor. The concussion was just a brutal hit.

#4 Pass rushing Defensive linemen and toughness at LB will be priorities in Free Agency and the draft.

I know for fact the Bills love Derek Fine at Tight End.

Take this for what it is worth, because it is only my opinion. You need to decide if you would be happy with it.

I am generally happy with the overall talent

DIE HARD 1967

any organization that LOVES Derek Fine at TE is retarded