Most likely senerio

DIE HARD 1967

I am ussually pretty good at this guys. If you remember right, I predicted Ralph would bring in Marv Levy and I also predicted Dick Jauron as head coach because Marv was in Chicago doing broadcasting for the Bears. Both Levy and Jauron have been friends for years.

I know Ralph Wilson like the back of my hand, I believe I understand how he thinks. Ralph does not like powerful, outspoken head coaches that demand changes, he prefers good soldiers. Lou Saban was outspoken and they tangled often.

This is what I think will happen....

#1 I believe you are stuck with Dick Jauron, but his extension may have a clause that reads 8-8 or no deal.

This may be the reason for no official announcement by the Bills. This type of clause is common in NFL contracts.

I think you will find most of the assistants will be fired. ( They become the scapegoats.)

#2 A Vice President responsible for team dirrection and some limited game planning. (Similar to Bill Parcells)

This will take some heat off Dick Jauron with the fans. ( Probably some ex head coach with a pretty good reputation)

Example: Jack Del Rio, Mike Holmgrem should they be fired. I prefer Del Rio or Holmgren as head coach, but Ralph can

always plug them in later.

#3 Trent Edwards is your guy till he proves he has a "Consistent" weakness that is uncorrectable.

Buffalo will never use a premium draft pick until they are Sure Trent is not the guy.

The injury prone situation is simply the unknown factor. The concussion was just a brutal hit.

#4 Pass rushing Defensive linemen and toughness at LB will be priorities in Free Agency and the draft.

I know for fact the Bills love Derek Fine at Tight End.

Take this for what it is worth, because it is only my opinion. You need to decide if you would be happy with it.

I am generally happy with the overall talent

DIE HARD 1967

I am ussually pretty good at this guys. If you remember right, I predicted Ralph would bring in Marv Levy and I also predicted Dick Jauron as head coach because Marv was in Chicago doing broadcasting for the Bears. Both Levy and Jauron have been friends for years.

#1 I believe you are stuck with Dick Jauron, but his extension may have a clause that reads 8-8 or no deal.

This may be the reason for no official announcement by the Bills.

I think you will find most of the assistants will be fired. ( They become the scapegoats.)

#2 A new Vice President responsible for team dirrection and some limited game planning. (Similar to Bill Parcells)

This will take some heat off Dick Jauron with the fans. ( Probably some ex head coach with a pretty good reputation)

Example: Jack Del Rio, Mike Holmgrem should they be fired.

#3 Trent Edwards is your guy till he proves he has a "Consistent" weakness that is uncorrectable.

Buffalo will never use premium draft picks until they are Sure Trent is not the guy!

#4 Pass rushing Defensive linemen and toughness at LB will be priorities in Free Agency and the draft.

I don't see #2 happening. who could it be? Donahue was suppose to be this guy but he pretty much sucked--Ralph won't give up the control he has now.

Take this for what it is worth, because it is only my opinion.

DIE HARD 1967

Actually TD was the president, big difference. RW could stil lbe the president, or he makes Brandon president, this way not all the power with one person. Or the new guys is VP of football operations and Brnadon is VP of business operations??

I don't see #2 happening. who could it be? Donahue was suppose to be this guy but he pretty much sucked--Ralph won't give up the control he has now.

Buffalo will never use premium draft picks until they are Sure Trent is not the guy!

How about his fragility? He hasnt been healthy at any level of football in his entire career...doesnt do any good if he cant stay on the field.

Plus, I am really concerned on how shell shocked he got...I mean he was gun shy during his slump. The great ones keep slinging it no matter how bad its going, and thats true in any sport. You will never see Kobe stop shooting, or Lebron stop shooting because they struggled early in the game. Same goes in this sport, like Farve, Romo, Brady, Manning, etc...these guys keep slinging the ball, even in the tough times. And lets face it, Trents best games are marginal and against horrible opponents.

This may be the reason for no official announcement by the Bills.

#2 A new Vice President responsible for team dirrection and some limited game planning. (Similar to Bill Parcells)

Example: Jack Del Rio, Mike Holmgrem should they be fired.

Take this for what it is worth, because it is only my opinion.

DIE HARD 1967

#1) I think you may be right, that is why I'm hoping the Bills go 6-10 #2) Agreed #3)Trent has already proven he has a "CONSISTENT" weakness that is uncorrectable, He is UNABLE to STAY HEALTHY. #4) AGREED

In todays NFL, how many QB's make it rhough a year without any injury time. I'll bet less than half. It's also possible had these games meant something he might be playing through it right now.

I do agree there is reason for concern regarding injuries and playing ability. But at this point, I'm more interested ot see if he can really play.

How about his fragility? He hasnt been healthy at any level of football in his entire career...doesnt do any good if he cant stay on the field.

Plus, I am really concerned on how shell shocked he got...I mean he was gun shy during his slump. The great ones keep slinging it no matter how bad its going, and thats true in any sport. You will never see Kobe stop shooting, or Lebron stop shooting because they struggled early in the game. Same goes in this sport, like Farve, Romo, Brady, Manning, etc...these guys keep slinging the ball, even in the tough times. And lets face it, Trents best games are marginal and against horrible opponents.

I think you would find the same thing was said about Bob Griese and Chad Pennington.

Both were considered fragile till the OL improved and they both learned not to take the sack....just dump it!

Dan Marino went 17 games without a sack till Buffalo finally sacked him

In todays NFL, how many QB's make it rhough a year without any injury time. I'll bet less than half. It's also possible had these games meant something he might be playing through it right now.

I do agree there is reason for concern regarding injuries and playing ability. But at this point, I'm more interested ot see if he can really play.

The jury is out on Edwards, but I feel better that he has no major weaknesses like Rob Johnson

#1) I think you may be right, that is why I'm hoping the Bills go 6-10 #2) Agreed #3)Trent has already proven he has a "CONSISTENT" weakness that is uncorrectable, He is UNABLE to STAY HEALTHY. #4) AGREED

I need more time on Trent's weakness, he is really just a kid

I remember the New York fans laughing at Eli Manning for the same reason

If they can get a real offensive coordinator like Norv Turner, I'd be reasonably happy.

That would be excellent... :doh:

Norv is no HC, but a dangerous OC... and he actually runs the ball consistently. But that would require the Bills org. to actually do something right... and they consider that a BIG no-no...

Norv is no HC, but a dangerous OC... and he actually runs the ball consistently. But that would require the Bills org. to actually do something right... and they consider that a BIG no-no...

Rumors have it , he is done as a head coach at seasons end

But Turner has been widely criticized in SD for not running it enough and focusing far more on Rivers than Tomlinson. Many SD players have said that they used to have an attitude and would take the fight to the other team, now they are far too passive. I'm not sure Turner is the answer.

If Ralph wants to keep the fans on board, he needs to put his money where his mouth is....we don't have the talent...fine, go get it. Bring in Peppers, Dansby and Haynesworth. I think fans would see visions of the 85 Bears D dancing in their heads.

Money talks Ralph....you said we didn't have the talent. Check, your move.

But Turner has been widely criticized in SD for not running it enough and focusing far more on Rivers than Tomlinson. Many SD players have said that they used to have an attitude and would take the fight to the other team, now they are far too passive. I'm not sure Turner is the answer.

If Ralph wants to keep the fans on board, he needs to put his money where his mouth is....we don't have the talent...fine, go get it. Bring in Peppers, Dansby and Haynesworth. I think fans would see visions of the 85 Bears D dancing in their heads.

Money talks Ralph....you said we didn't have the talent. Check, your move.

I think Ralph realizes he has a pretty good team. The last time he spent any real money was when the team was pretty good and the investment made sense to him. (1990's)

Ralph spent the money on Cornelous Bennett when most everyone said he wouldn't

This may be the reason for no official announcement by the Bills. This type of clause is common in NFL contracts.

#2 A Vice President responsible for team dirrection and some limited game planning. (Similar to Bill Parcells)

Example: Jack Del Rio, Mike Holmgrem should they be fired. I prefer Del Rio or Holmgren as head coach but Ralph can

always plug them in later.

Buffalo will never use a premium draft pick until they are Sure Trent is not the guy.

The injury prone situation is simply the unknown factor. The concussion was just a brutal hit.

Take this for what it is worth, because it is only my opinion. You need to decide if you would be happy with it.

DIE HARD 1967

IDK two more weeks like the last 6 or 7 and all bets could be off with Wilson. He is 90 and wants to win before he isn't around anymore. If he thinks he could turn it around in a year or two he may clean house especially if Miami makes the playoffs after 1-15 last season.

IDK two more weeks like the last 6 or 7 and all bets could be off with Wilson. He is 90 and wants to win before he isn't around anymore. If he thinks he could turn it around in a year or two he may clean house especially if Miami makes the playoffs after 1-15 last season.

Wilson can be more stubborn then wise sometimes.

Ask Bill Polion

Great post. I agree that Ralph is likely to keep Jauron. I don't think the extension is necessarily the biggest obstacle to removing him, since our liability would be limited by the difference in salary with whatever Jauron would earn next year as a coordinator somewhere. Rather I think that even this year notwithstanding, Ralph Wilson knows that the long-term history is that continuity is often a better path success than blowing things up and rebuilding yet again. I think Ralph's comment about talent strongly hinted at that.

So I think all signs do point towards a shake-up in the front office, and bringing in a football guy to be GM (like we should have done last year.) I could also see Schonert being scapegoated and bringing in a veteran OC to turn around the offense. Obviously, there's no reason to dump April or Fewell.

I think you also make great points about Trent Edwards. I completely agree that the concussion was not his fault and was just the result of a vicious hit - but I think we can't overlook the role that deciding to deliver the pass rather than to "duck and take the sack" played in that hit. Part of Edwards' decision making, long-term, will be about what hits to take - and that may have been one that he shouldn't have taken. Really though, I think the groin injury is more disconcerting than the concussion, as an indicator of Edwards' long-term durability - especially coming a week after he made some questionable decisions to take off and run the ball (like that one at the end of the half where he was very fortunate to score.)

And thanks for pointing out the likely role that Derek Fine looks to play in our long-term plans - he should be ready for full-time duty next season. For sure, a big problem with this team is the utter lack of a pass rush - pass rushers, in my mind, are the #2 difference maker in football after the QB. Getting Schobel back will help a lot, but the Bills have serious needs for improvement in the pass rush department.

JDG

DIE HARD 1967

I too don't think talent is the issue---I think a good head coach would have this team leading the division right now, and Jauron is not that coach. Talent always appears to be worse than it really is on teams with bad head coaches because they can't get the most out of their players, put them in situations that doesn't maximize their abilities, or don't know how to use their abilities.