The beauty of Buffalo pizza

Tcali

..is that it is so consistently good even in the way out of the way dives. I happened upon this little joint(a very basic little joint) in Wilson last summer. After experiencing a bit of uneasiness about what I expected the quality of the food to be at this place;..I ordered a mediium with pepperoni. IT WAS EXQUISITE. 30 minutes of pure heaven.

I definitely miss several things about western New york

..is that it is so consistently good even in the way out of the way dives. I happened upon this little joint(a very basic little joint) in Wilson last summer. After experiencing a bit of uneasiness about what I expected the quality of the food to be at this place;..I ordered a mediium with pepperoni. IT WAS EXQUISITE. 30 minutes of pure heaven.

Damn you...why did you have to remind me.... :thumbsup:

Where are you loccated Tcali?

Not that I do not like BFLO pizza... I just have come accustomed to better... Just like when it comes to Sahlen's hot dogs. There is better out there. IMO, the pizza in BFLO is too "doughy."

Again... I am not slamming... I still like the pizza and Sahlen's...

The only beauty in BFLO and pizza is the incredible deal with regards to price and what you get!

Ah, Wilson, NY. How I miss that place.

My family used to own the boat house there, but it was sold several years back when my parents decided not to keep it. The story in my family is that the town is named after my family way back in the day.

My family used to own the boat house there, but it was sold several years back when my parents decided not to keep it. The story in my family is that the town is named after my family way back in the day.

I used to survey (hydrographic) Wilson Harbor with the Corps (soundings for dredging ops)... It was funny seeing the Canadian sailboats come into harbor... They'd stay a while and then take back off... Me thinks they were smuggling the better American smokes back across Lake Ontario...

One other thing I do remember about Wilson is that it was the first harbor I laid/restablished a baseline for. How I remember it is because it was early March and their was still some thin ice on the water... We lauched our 25HP rowboat and busted through some of the ice... Kinda fun! I also remember getting wet and having to stay in the survey truck till I thawed out... :doh:

Not that I do not like BFLO pizza... I just have come accustomed to better... Just like when it comes to Sahlen's hot dogs. There is better out there. IMO, the pizza in BFLO is too "doughy."

The only beauty in BFLO and pizza is the incredible deal with regards to price and what you get!

Bite your tongue heathen! :doh:

Gotta admit... I am not in a place like the hinterlands of Indiana or Ohio... <_<

Chicago does have great pizza and hot dogs...

:doh:

I prefer the calzones and stuffed pizza here:

WC's

YUM!

My brother relocated from Buffalo to Jacksonville for a while. My family travelled down there to meet his new fiance, and we were greeted with some of the worst pizza I've ever had. I do not exaggerate when I say I would have rather had Papa John's. If I ever start to take Buffalo pizza for granted, I think back to that time. Unfortunatley, I'm in Ithaca now where the pizza isn't so great either.

I do like the deep dish in Chicago too, but nothing tastes like home more than nice Sicilian style Buffalo pizza.

My brother relocated from Buffalo to Jacksonville for a while. My family travelled down there to meet his new fiance, and we were greeted with some of the worst pizza I've ever had. I do not exaggerate when I say I would have rather had Papa John's. If I ever start to take Buffalo pizza for granted, I think back to that time. Unfortunatley, I'm in Ithaca now where the pizza isn't so great either.

I do like the deep dish in Chicago too, but nothing tastes like home more than nice Sicilian style Buffalo pizza.

You got shiity pizza in Jacksonville? Who would have thought.

You got shiity pizza in Jacksonville? Who would have thought.

Given the number of NY transplants that live in that state, it's surprising to me. I visited FL for the first time earlier this year and the dialect of a good chunk of the "natives" made it sound like I was in NYC.

The only thing that drives me crazy here is that they cut the pie in squares... Not slices/wedges. Oh, and not food related but local practice because electrial code here calls for wiring to be in conduit/pipe... That means the electrical outlets are usually side-by-side on your standard duplex wall plate... Try explainin that to a lady/wife... Thank God they make an adapter for nightlights! :sick::lol: Even know an electrician explained to me it is safer, since the hot is on top (ground to the right and neutral on the bottom) and can't come off as easily and fall down... Even if it did, it is still mechanically protected in pipe and would immediately go to ground and cause the breaker to kick out.

So... Square pieces of pizza and horizontal wall outlets... :doh:<_<

I do regress... Sorry... You don't wanna hear a full blown rant do you?

:D

The only thing that drives me crazy here is that they cut the pie in squares... Not slices/wedges. Oh, and not food related but local practice because electrial code here calls for wiring to be in conduit/pipe... That means the electrical outlets are usually side-by-side on your standard duplex wall plate... Try explainin that to a lady/wife... Thank God they make an adapter for nightlights! :sick::lol: Even know an electrician explained to me it is safer, since the hot is on top (ground to the right and neutral on the bottom) and can't come off as easily and fall down... Even if it did, it is still mechanically protected in pipe and would immediately go to ground and cause the breaker to kick out.

So... Square pieces of pizza and horizontal wall outlets... :doh:<_<

I do regress... Sorry... You don't wanna hear a full blown rant do you?

:D

It could be worse

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1823322

I have had pizza in every corner of this great land.In my opinion nothing compares to Buffalo area pizza.A matter of taste I suppose.

Im in northern CA--betw SF and SAC....I wouldn't hit a dog in the arse with the pizza around here.

I was kinda late to discover the place.Didn;t realize how nice that harbor was. When I can get to WNY in the summer I try to make it up there...have a drink--hitch a ride on a jet ski;)