Is this a correct quote?? tell me it isn't

Tcali

“That goes right on me,” Jauron said. “It backfired, clearly, and caused us to lose the game.

“It turns out to be one of those times in the game that’s good for a pass,” explained Jauron. “If it’s incomplete, you don’t give them any more time.”

Could someone make sense of that last sentence for me.??

“That goes right on me,” Jauron said. “It backfired, clearly, and caused us to lose the game.

“It turns out to be one of those times in the game that’s good for a pass,” explained Jauron. “If it’s incomplete, you don’t give them any more time.”

Because it was about to be the 2 min warning. The clock would have stopped no matter what the play was. I'm not sure the exact seconds, but its been suggested that if we didn't complete the pass, the clock would have stopped just before the 2 min warning. Don't know the exact time of the game.

I think he's just trying to say the clock would have stopped for the 2:00 warning anyways so by throwing an incomplete it's not like you blew a chance to run clock.

It's a perspective I've always subscribed to also, but today was not the time to utilize it.

Because it was about to be the 2 min warning. The clock would have stopped no matter what the play was. I'm not sure the exact seconds, but its been suggested that if we didn't complete the pass, the clock would have stopped just before the 2 min warning. Don't know the exact time of the game.

Ok thanks. But knowing the Bills it stops the clock at 2:01.

There was something like 2:05 on the clock when the ball was snapped, so the end of the play would have been at or less than 2:00 remaining.

The idea to call a pass play wasn't horrible, but they didn't have to. I would have rather they give it to Lynch for a 3-yard loss than leave it in the hands of a QB that has proven he can't be a starter.

I believe it means that if your QB is smart enough to throw the ball away (which he clealry isn't), that you will probably have run 6 seconds off of the clock. Thus getting you to the two minute warning.

Although if you only want to run time off of the clock, would't you just run the ball? And if you do try a pass, why would you call a pass that is designed to go to your least talented, slowest offensive player? (FB)

And if you are worried about the Jets having too many players around the LOS, why call a pass play that (at best) goes 2 yards past the LOS. Again, with your slowest, least elusive offensive player getting the ball.

There's was 2:06 left on the clock,if it goes incomplete it's the 2 minute warning so anyway so we don't give them extra clock stoppage. The play call was fine and is quite common to call a pass in that situation. Losman should have gotten rid of it instead of trying to make a big play. collinsworth really ripped him on FNA.

Anywho - everyone wants Jauron fired so this just a good excuse to hate without logic. Not that I want Jauron next year....

I believe it means that if your QB is smart enough to throw the ball away (which he clealry isn't), that you will probably have run 6 seconds off of the clock. Thus getting you to the two minute warning.

Although if you only want to run time off of the clock, would't you just run the ball? And if you do try a pass, why would you call a pass that is designed to go to your least talented, slowest offensive player? (FB)

And if you are worried about the Jets having too many players around the LOS, why call a pass play that (at best) goes 2 yards past the LOS. Again, with your slowest, least elusive offensive player getting the ball.

A quick rush...and a panic toss away by Losman...ohhh forget it....it turned out as bad as it possiby could have--except if we get rid of Jauron...

There's was 2:06 left on the clock,if it goes incomplete it's the 2 minute warning so anyway so we don't give them extra clock stoppage. The play call was fine and is quite common to call a pass in that situation. Losman should have gotten rid of it instead of trying to make a big play. collinsworth really ripped him on FNA.

Anywho - everyone wants Jauron fired so this just a good excuse to hate without logic. Not that I want Jauron next year....

6 seconds is a long time..exp if there is a big rush---and JP is QBing.