Biggest Problem: No New Fans, Losing Old Fans.

CJPearl2

When teams win, not only do established fans take part in the team (ticket sales, jersey sales), but the team gains new fans.

Living out in California now, I've met a number of Bills fan that were not born in Buffalo or Western New York area, but became fans of the Bills during the 90's Super Bowl run.

Now, with the NFL expanding in popularity and exposure (more TV exposure, Directv, Sirius radio, etc.), there is a new generation of fans exposed to the NFL, and looking for a team to root for.

Unfortunately, this is not the Bills. We have limited nation exposure not just because of the small market, but because the team has been a non-playoff contender for a decade.

And this is one of the lesser-discussed side-effects from having a team that continues to lose and miss the playoffs.

When teams win, not only do established fans take part in the team (ticket sales, jersey sales), but the team gains new fans.

Living out in California now, I've met a number of Bills fan that were not born in Buffalo or Western New York area, but became fans of the Bills during the 90's Super Bowl run.

Now, with the NFL expanding in popularity and exposure (more TV exposure, Directv, Sirius radio, etc.), there is a new generation of fans exposed to the NFL, and looking for a team to root for.

Unfortunately, this is not the Bills. We have limited nation exposure not just because of the small market, but because the team has been a non-playoff contender for a decade.

And this is one of the lesser-discussed side-effects from having a team that continues to lose and miss the playoffs.

That is going to happen no doubt and you do make a good point. However, this is the time to be loyal to our team the Buffalo Bills no matter what happens and stand by them through any situation, no matter how good or how bad.

I am! I watch every minute of every game and constantly support this team. And I would love nothing more than to have a team I am proud of.

I'm just making a point about losing our fan base, because I know life long Bills fans turning their backs on this team.

+-

good point..ive met many many bills fans here in cali that have never been to buff---they are big fans of the team....mostly due to the kelly thurman bruce days

i made a whole write up on this before... heres the abbreviated version;

im a mid 20's bills fan. all i have know with following this organization is epic failures, heartbreaking defeats and horrendeous mis management. i was too young to appreciate the success of the early 90's. sure i know about it and have seen the clips and highlights and occasion re-run of games (greatest comeback) but i didnt appreciate it.

there are MANY people in my situation that are giving up because this franchise has broken their hearts one to many times and is no longer worth it. this team is going to be in serious trouble because they are losing many future fans.

That is going to happen no doubt and you do make a good point. However, this is the time to be loyal to our team the Buffalo Bills no matter what happens and stand by them through any situation, no matter how good or how bad.

Disagree, you can only take so much losing, when you stop and say I've had enough.

Figures, you're from Chicago.