Well 1918 is almost in the rearview.

BF I know how disappointing this must be to you. It's not over yet, but ....

Please no flame intended, but how well do you think the Cards would do if there were in the AL? Do you think this series was simply an aberration?

12 more outs until the biggest party in Boston history.

St. Louis was DOA at this years World Series.

I look forward to a good run from the Cards though, this is the start of another Cardinals Dynasty.

88896[/snapback]

"There was no way the Sox were gonna lose to a team with as little talent as the Cardinals."

:)<_<

Birds ran into a fuggin buzz saw. I don't think anyone could have knocked off the Sox they way they are playing.

i'd say anyone who doesn't want to get killed/hurt/trampled by a bunch of drunk people should stay the hell out of boston tonight

The Cardinals would do well in the A.L

I'm being totally honest, this team has not played this bad ALL YEAR. Even at the beginning of the year when we struggled we didn't look this bad.

It's dissapointing, but it just wasn't our time yet. I have a feeling you will see the Cardinals in the World Series again very soon, maybe next year.

Cardinal dynasty?

Please!!! They haven't won anything since 82? Give me a break. Pujols is great but their pitching is horrendous. They need a lot of help to be able to beat the AL winners over the next couple years (Yankees).

baseball is fixed..maybe selig got tired enough of hearing about 1918..how does a boston team that for awhile couldnt shut down any yankee bats silence the cards Offense? just doesn't make any logical sense..cards have to be backing down to have so few runs

Cardinal dynasty?

Please!!! They haven't won anything since 82? Give me a break. Pujols is great but their pitching is horrendous. They need a lot of help to be able to beat the AL winners over the next couple years (Yankees).

88908[/snapback]

The Yankees don't scare anyone anymore. I'm sorry to break it to you, but their mystique has been totally shattered this year.

They can keep spending and spending, but they won't get it right. They haven't put the right guys on the field in like 6 years.

baseball is fixed..maybe selig got tired enough of hearing about 1918..how does a boston team that for awhile couldnt shut down any yankee bats silence the cards Offense? just doesn't make any logical sense..cards have to be backing down to have so few runs

88911[/snapback]

Um ... because the Yanks 1) have a better lineup, 2) are more familiar with Boston pitching than the Cards are (they played 19 times in the regular season) and 3) the Yanks were hot for games 1-3 and the Cards have been ice cold.

The Yankees don't scare anyone anymore.  I'm sorry to break it to you, but their mystique has been totally shattered this year.

88915[/snapback]

It will take a lot more than one horrendous 4 game stretch to shatter the Yankee Mystique. They have 27 world titles, more than any other sports franchise in history and still have an allstar team (minus the pitching...for the moment).

The Yanks could go 10 years without making the playoffs and still have their mystique and prestige in tact. If you don't believe it, look at the Yankees in the 1980s. They sucked but they were still The Yankees...

If someone had told you that the Cards would put up 9, 5, 4, and 2* in games 1-4 of the world series.....

Would you think they were talking about RUNS or HITS?

stunning. Give credit to Schilling, Pedro and Lowe....dominating performances.

*through 7 innings....go ahead Cards get another hit to f*ck this post up <_<

Thanks TGREG ...great point.

BF - at least the Yankees have a "mystique" - the Cardinals are just lovable losers- just like their fans. Case in point - you are happy just to get to the World Series - as a yankees fan, Im only satisfied when they win the WS - everything else is a failure - and that is why they are always competitive.

BF - at least the Yankees have a "mystique" - the Cardinals are just lovable losers- just like their fans. Case in point - you are happy just to get to the World Series - as a yankees fan, Im only satisfied when they win the WS - everything else is a failure - and that is why they are always competitive.

88923[/snapback]

Exactly. Regardless of this post season, it takes a lot more for people to forget the names like: Ruth, the Iron Horse, The Mick, Reggie, Marris, DiMaggio, Yogi...(and the list goes on and on and on)

And while the RedSox have always defined themselves in comparison to what the YANKEES DO, the Yankees only care about winning it all.

However, with all that said, and as loyal a Yankee fan as I am, no one will ever be able to take away what Boston accomplished this year. I'm happy for them, their fans and the city (especially since I lived there lol). But of course, I can't wait till next year when the Yankees get their revenge <_<

Thanks TGREG ...great point.

88923[/snapback]

Let me explain something to those of you on the short bus.

This year I'm happy to just be there because we weren't picked to do much. If I were a Yankees fan, then you would be correct, anything less then a World Series win would be unacceptable. For most teams in baseball however, 200 million is not an option payroll wise and we take what we can get when we can get it.

Loveable losers? Check your facts stupid ass, we have 9 World Championships and now we have 16 league championships.

We are hardly the Cubs pal.