Not seeing any comment on this

Wacka

Last game I saw in person was the Oakland game in Oakland and they don't show down field (because we don't throw), but just what is the reason?

Is it the receivers don't get open, Losman being blind, or play calling?

Earlier in the season, they weren't giving the QB time to throw, but that isn't the case now.

This is another fundamental flaw in our offense. For whatever the reason, we've completely gotten away from it. Early season they were hitting 1-2 plays per game with Evans, but have rarely tried since the slide. And then you wonder why screens and dumpoffs don't work? It has nothing to do with JP. Trent stopped throwing down field as well. I'm not sure if its the coaches, the WRs or the QBs; but it's bad. But the Bills allow the defense to play within 20 yards of the LOS for nearly the entire game.

Pathetic. Never threw a pass longer than ten yards until the last two minutes. And even on the final chance -- 40 seconds and no timeouts, need a TD and they are still dumping it off!! Why is there even an outlet receiver on that play??

Hey JP, remember that awesome 85 yard TD to Evans in the Meadowlands? He was double covered on that play!

Last game I saw in person was the Oakland game in Oakland and they don't show down field (because we don't throw), but just what is the reason?

Is it the receivers don't get open, Losman being blind, or play calling?

Earlier in the season, they weren't giving the QB time to throw, but that isn't the case now.

I started an inaptly named thread on this same subject. No one from the game has yet responded.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=79119

I've got to think the problem is the QB play, but who knows? Why no deep crosses or anything deep over the middle? It's weird.

Pathetic. Never threw a pass longer than ten yards until the last two minutes. And even on the final chance -- 40 seconds and no timeouts, need a TD and they are still dumping it off!! Why is there even an outlet receiver on that play??

Hey JP, remember that awesome 85 yard TD to Evans in the Meadowlands? He was double covered on that play!

That's because the Jets were in prevent defense. Hard to just toss it up there when two (maybe three) defenders are 30 yards from the line of scrimmage.

As Dan said, it's another fundamental flaw with the offense. All they have to do is throw a couple deep shots just to make the defense think about it. We're trying to establish an identity as a running team and begin to do it well. Once we finally try to take a shot downfield, something stupid happens.

This is another fundamental flaw in our offense. For whatever the reason, we've completely gotten away from it. Early season they were hitting 1-2 plays per game with Evans, but have rarely tried since the slide. And then you wonder why screens and dumpoffs don't work? It has nothing to do with JP. Trent stopped throwing down field as well. I'm not sure if its the coaches, the WRs or the QBs; but it's bad. But the Bills allow the defense to play within 20 yards of the LOS for nearly the entire game.

I was thinking the same thing on the screen they ran in the 4th quarter that Marshawn dropped...it was going nowhere anyway because as you stated they didn't think to throw the ball down field.