Here's what I saw of the JP Losman injury from the

Mike32282

Honestly, when I first saw it...I thought he twisted his ankle from the run. I didn't even hear or see Vincent hitting him, but then I talked to a few other people and they basically said that Vincent was in Losman's way, Losman ran into Vincent's shoulder. It seemed to throw off Losman's motion and his balance. Losman fell and then got up, limped a bit, then the trainers came and he laid on the ground, so they could inspect his ankle and leg and figure out what it was. Troy Vincent looked like he was so pissed at himself when it happened and I guarantee it was NOT something he meant to do.

This is NOT Vincent's fault. Clearly, Vincent simply went to and established position as he should do. JP tried to turn it up field inside of him and planted funny while trying to avoid Vincent, brushing shoulder pads in the process.

All of you people that are blowin' your horn about how he should be cut, or he would be cut if new, and all that crap just love to read yourself in print making big statements. Of course Vinent feels badly because he was involved, but JP was the one who tried to turn it upfield. It was a freak accident. stevestojan happens sometimes. :flirt:

This is NOT Vincent's fault.  Clearly, Vincent simply went to and established position as he should do.  JP tried to turn it up field inside of him and planted funny while trying to avoid Vincent, brushing shoulder pads in the process.

All of you people that are blowin' your horn about how he should be cut, or he would be cut if new, and all that crap just love to read yourself in print making big statements.  Of course Vinent feels badly because he was involved, but JP was the one who tried to turn it upfield.  It was a freak accident.  stevestojan happens sometimes.  :flirt:

6751[/snapback]

GREAT post! I totally agree. :unsure:

If it was a 3rd string defender knocking down Bledsoe instead of Vincent on Losman, I would bet the player would be cut tomorrow.  I don't care if Losman started to go upfield, the defensive players should not even be close to him.  THAT'S WHY THEY WEAR THE RED JERSEYS!!

6488[/snapback]

Yes the RED JERSEY is so you can spot the QB and not hit him. HOWEVER, when he comes out of the pocket on a botleg or scramble the D is NOT supposed to lay down until he reaches the end zone. You can grab him or impeed his progress by getting in front of him. Which is what happened. TV did NOT lay him out.

This is NOT Vincent's fault.  Clearly, Vincent simply went to and established position as he should do.  JP tried to turn it up field inside of him and planted funny while trying to avoid Vincent, brushing shoulder pads in the process.

All of you people that are blowin' your horn about how he should be cut, or he would be cut if new, and all that crap just love to read yourself in print making big statements.  Of course Vinent feels badly because he was involved, but JP was the one who tried to turn it upfield.  It was a freak accident.  stevestojan happens sometimes.  :flirt:

6751[/snapback]

Ditto. The last thing we need is more bickering or billsfanone posts about Vincent. :unsure:

Based upon what i have read and what i have seen from Losman it isn't Vincents fault. I wasn't even there.

In that drill what do you expect Vincent to do let Losman run right by him? Losman ran the bootleg he was going towards the sideline Vincent was in an intercept course to make sure he goes out of bounds. Losman makes a cut bumps into Vincent and now he has a broken leg.

The people that were there and saw it need to understand that at the speed of the play it probably looked like Vincent hit him. It was most likely the other way around.

Vincent isn't the blame. Losman isn't the blame. It was an accident that happens to players all over the league each and every preseason game. It sucks that it happened to us but all you can do now is move on.

FYI,

If anyone thinks that Mularkey would put up with someone who intentionally hit the quarterback then you have no idea what the hell your talking about.

You will hear tomorrow from Losman about what happened.

I bet he blames himself.

Archived