Here's what I saw of the JP Losman injury from the

Mike32282

JP Losman faked the handoff to the RB, and then ran a bootleg. He was going downfield towards the sideline and Troy Vincent was right there, in front of him. It looked like Vincent hit him with his shoulders and it wasn't purposely. I will say right now...Vincent was NOT intentionally trying to hurt him, and wasn't trying to hit him hard. It was just the way he hit him. They wore pads and there was a LOT of hard hitting. After the play, JP Losman got up and limped a little bit and then the training staff came over and worked his leg, and ankle. They picked him up and loaded him onto the cart. One more thing...

When Losman was down, Troy Vincent stayed with him for a while and wanted to make sure he was okay, plus was telling him how sorry he was. He stayed with him, until the cart came.

JP Losman faked the handoff to the RB, and then ran a bootleg. He was going downfield towards the sideline and Troy Vincent went to tackle him, because once the QB leaves the pocket, he is fair game. It looked like Vincent hit him with his shoulders and it wasn't purposely. I think it was just a heat of the moment thing, and Vincent was pretty pumped up today. I will say right now...Vincent was NOT intentionally trying to hurt him, and wasn't trying to hit him hard. It was just the way he hit him. They wore pads and there was a LOT of hard hitting. After the play, JP Losman got up and limped a little bit and then the training staff came over and worked his leg, and ankle. They picked him up and loaded him onto the cart. One more thing...

When Losman was down, Troy Vincent stayed with him for a while and wanted to make sure he was okay, plus was telling him how sorry he was. He stayed with him, until the cart came.

6471[/snapback]

Was JP wearing the red jersey??? If he was, that means no contact whatsoever is to be made by the D.

Was JP wearing the red jersey???  If he was, that means no contact whatsoever is to be made by the D.

6472[/snapback]

Yeah he was wearing the red jersey. But I think it was the fact that it was in the heat of the moment and Vincent, probably was not thinking and just went for the tackle. It wasn't a hard hit, but it was the way he hit him.

Yeah he was wearing the red jersey.  But I think it was the fact that it was in the heat of the moment and Vincent, probably was not thinking and just went for the tackle.  It wasn't a hard hit, but it was the way he hit him.

6473[/snapback]

At least he made a tackle, better than Saturday!

Vincent isnt a rookie cb- he should know better to even put a shoulder into a quarterback when he is wearing the red jersey. There is no excuse for that- heat of the moment or not it is unacceptable. If he was a backup he would have been cut today.

Vincent isnt a rookie cb- he should know better to even put a shoulder into a quarterback when he is wearing the red jersey. There is no excuse for that- heat of the moment or not it is unacceptable. If he was a backup he would have been cut today.

6476[/snapback]

Oh, good. We haven't had a good tar and feathering in a few days.

Someone light the torches, heat up the tar and start pluckin' feathers. We got us a good 'ol fashioned Blame Riot ta git ta.

Its football, people are supposed to hit and be hit, and they better be prepared at ALL times!!!!!!

6479[/snapback]

That is why they came up with wearing the red jersey....so as not to get hit!!! Think about it.

Just like in the NHL, players returning from injury wear green jerseys until they are ready for contact.

It's a safety issue.

If it was a 3rd string defender knocking down Bledsoe instead of Vincent on Losman, I would bet the player would be cut tomorrow. I don't care if Losman started to go upfield, the defensive players should not even be close to him. THAT'S WHY THEY WEAR THE RED JERSEYS!!

6476[/snapback]

all i can say is accidents happen, no reason to get that mad at Vincent.

That is why they came up with wearing the red jersey....so as not to get hit!!!  Think about it.

Just like in the NHL, players returning from injury wear green jerseys until they are ready for contact. 

It's a safety issue.

6484[/snapback]

Maybe they should wear yellow jerseys instead. That'll make it easier than red AND the French will have a reason to watch a real sport.

6489[/snapback]

EXACTLY! Plus, JP Losman was being stupid anyways. He could have gone out of bounds, but he was trying to show off and gain the extra yards on the starting defense.

6489[/snapback]

That is something I could see Chris Watson doing, but TV. He is smarter that that. He is probably frustrated because he hasn't hit anything since coming here. Too bad his first hit was on our future.

EXACTLY!  Plus, JP Losman was being stupid anyways.  He could have gone out of bounds, but he was trying to show off and gain the extra yards on the starting defense.

6493[/snapback]

Oh great, not only is the Bills future injured, but its also stupid!!!

I'm gonna say it, we're..............................DOOOOOOMED!!!

If it was a 3rd string defender knocking down Bledsoe instead of Vincent on Losman, I would bet the player would be cut tomorrow.  I don't care if Losman started to go upfield, the defensive players should not even be close to him.  THAT'S WHY THEY WEAR THE RED JERSEYS!!

6488[/snapback]

Actually, people would be ripping Bledsoe for getting hurt.

Was JP wearing the red jersey???  If he was, that means no contact whatsoever is to be made by the D.

6472[/snapback]

Man, that doesn't even matter. He's got the whole year to heal.

The downside of this is he won't be seeing much more practice time in the preseason, unless it's very minor.

6476[/snapback]

nice work...you just wrote jerry sullivan's next column!

Archived