OT Breeder's Cup Picks

Albany,n.y.

Other than throwing $5 into a pool we have at work I won't be risking any $ on these picks, but here they are:

Distaff:

3) Tamweel (15-1) She’ll be trying to go wire to wire, if this is the speed favoring track that it’s advertised to be she makes it.

10) Island Fashion (5-1) Last winter’s form puts her right there. Last was just a tune-up for this and she still won.

1) Ashado (7-2) She’s the best of the 3yos.

Juvenile Fillies:

5) Cullinary (12-1) She’s 2 for 2 including an ass kicking of Alcibiades winner Runaway Model, class edge on this field.

1) Balletto (5-1) Frizette winner gets Bailey and the rail.

9) Sense of Style (7-2) Only member of this group with Beyers above 90.

Mile (Turf)

6) Artie Schiller (12-1) –Score one for the Americans on Turf. Only loss on the grass this year is to the world’s best turf horse, Kitten’s Joy.

1) Whipper (8-1) Not the most consistent horse arouind, but he beat last year’s winner, Six Perfections two back in France.

8) Diamond Green (20-1) Finished ahead of second choice in last but hasn’t won a race this year.

Sprint

3) Champali (12-1) I pity the fool who doesn’t have this horse, who will stalk behind the speed of Speightstown & wear him down.

2) Speightstown (3-1) He’ll be winging it for as far as he goes, but won’t be able to withstand the final punch of Champali

5) Kela (8-1) He figures to be way back in the early going on this speed favoring track, Bailey will have to work a miracle to get him up at the wire.

Filly & Mare Turf

5) Ouija Board (8/5) Chose this race over the Turf and figures to dominate this group. The day’s surest thing.

10) Megahertz (10-1) Looks like a good fit at the distance in a race that is strictly for 2nd place to Ouija Board.

3) Film Maker (20-1) Because I have to pick someone for 3rd.

Juvenile

2) Roman Ruler (8/5) Fastest horse, best horse, winner.

6) Proud Accolade (5/2) Unbeaten Champaign winner is the main threat.

3) Afleet Alex (7-2) Ran one of the wildest taces seen at this past Saratoga meet, but his only loss is to Proud Accolade.

Turf

4) Kitten’s Joy (even) An absolute monster who has scared off a lot of the competition here. Second US victory against the Europeans on the grass.

1) Powerscourt (3-1) Will get some revenge for his DQ this summer at Arlington

6) Magistretti ( 4-1) 2nd to top choice in last, 3rd to 2nd choice 3 back.

Classic

5) Perfect Drift (15-1) 3rd time is the charm for the horse I picked 2 years ago when he finished 12th. If he runs next year I’ll pick him again.

12) Pleasantly Perfect (5-2) Favored to repeat last year’s win but is hampered by an outside post.

1) Ghostzapper (3-1) Will try to wire the field, but has never been tested this far.

8) Personal Rush (50-1) Improving 3yo from Japan is the unknown factor here.