The Curious Case of the Buffalo Bills

BettorFan

Who here honestly thinks they can beat the Jets?

Of course they CAN beat the Jets. If JP Losman plays competently. Say 20 0f 27, 235 yards, 2 TD no INT. Lynch will need around 90-100 yards on the ground. The D will need two takeaways. Will they do it? No. history would say they will not. Losman is playing like crap. Preston will get worked over at C by Jenkins, negating the running game. Our D doesn't allow a ton of points, but they do give up third down conversions and do not force INT's.

Of course they CAN beat the Jets. If JP Losman plays competently. Say 20 0f 27, 235 yards, 2 TD no INT. Lynch will need around 90-100 yards on the ground. The D will need two takeaways. Will they do it? No. history would say they will not. Losman is playing like crap. Preston will get worked over at C by Jenkins, negating the running game. Our D doesn't allow a ton of points, but they do give up third down conversions and do not force INT's.

I hope you aren't calling the offense, tomorrow. I don't want to see them attempt to win yet another game through the air.

As you say, the Bills CAN win, but you have to think it isn't likely, the way they have been playing.

I'd like to see Lynch touch the ball 30 times, and Jackson another 15-20 (Bills total rushing yards, over 150, and another 30-50 on receptions). JP goes 13-20 with one long TD (total of about 150 yards).

Defense plays tough, and isn't on the field all damn day, as the offense is controlling the clock, with the running game. ST controls field position. One turnover is probably a must, might need two. Bills are overdue for a ST TD, too.

I hope you aren't calling the offense, tomorrow. I don't want to see them attempt to win yet another game through the air.

As you say, the Bills CAN win, but you have to think it isn't likely, the way they have been playing.

I'd like to see Lynch touch the ball 30 times, and Jackson another 15-20 (Bills total rushing yards, over 150, and another 30-50 on receptions). JP goes 13-20 with one long TD (total of about 150 yards).

Defense plays tough, and isn't on the field all damn day, as the offense is controlling the clock, with the running game. ST controls field position. One turnover is probably a must, might need two. Bills are overdue for a ST TD, too.

When the Bills were winning, they had contributions from all aspects of the game. If the offense struggled, the D hung in there, the STs would score or pin the opponent against the wall.. there was a balance to the team. Their confidence has been shaken and they just cannot put a complete team on the field. I would REALLY like to see some innovation in the game plan.

That said, I will be watching and cheering from the kickoff on, expecting to see professional football. I hope the Bills can live up to my expectations!

Go Bills!

When the Bills were winning, they had contributions from all aspects of the game. If the offense struggled, the D hung in there, the STs would score or pin the opponent against the wall.. there was a balance to the team. Their confidence has been shaken and they just cannot put a complete team on the field. I would REALLY like to see some innovation in the game plan.

That said, I will be watching and cheering from the kickoff on, expecting to see professional football. I hope the Bills can live up to my expectations!

Go Bills!

I concur, Rocky, on all aspects. But, as you say, they are floundering. And, IMO, especially with the #2 QB on the field, you work your way back to confidence on the ground. An innovative game plan would be nice. But, for this crew, "innovative" would be to line the QB under center and run the ball on 3rd and 1.

The shame of it all is that they could beat the jets. I don't think we lack the talent. Lynch and Jackson and the o line could put the hurts on the jets and keep favre off the field. The defense hasn't been all that bad. If we are stuck with JP then lets play a JP game. Run and block from the backs, turn Losman lose to run at will, and a not so occassional bomb to lengthen the field. Sometimes the obvious is the best way to go.

That being said, I'd be surprised if we did the above.