And the host of this years oscars is.........

K-Gun10

Article says he's been offered to host it. I think he would be a good choice, there would'nt be any pressure on him to deliver joke after joke.

It would be nice to have a host that just introduced the presenters of the awards and moved things along anyway.

One drawback for Jackman is that him getting the hosting job can signify him not getting an acting nomination for "Australia". The Golden Globe award nominations were announced, and Australia received zero nominations.

If he takes it there will be absolutely NO reason to watch it. The results will be on the Internet, and you don't have to sit through all the self-congratulatory bulls#it. If someone with, you know, a personality hosts it, then I might watch to see if he/she is funny.

If he takes it there will be absolutely NO reason to watch it. The results will be on the Internet, and you don't have to sit through all the self-congratulatory bulls#it. If someone with, you know, a personality hosts it, then I might watch to see if he/she is funny.

Is it ever actually "worth" watching? I always fall for the trap...ooooh biggest night in entertainment!!! And then afterward I feel gypped out of 4 hours of my life. They keep you hanging on until the big awards at the VERY end of the show. Meanwhile, you get to see Best Cinematography!

The Oscars are like candy corn. Its traditional, you feel like you SHOULD like it, you take part every year, and you're disappointed every single time.

Is it ever actually "worth" watching? I always fall for the trap...ooooh biggest night in entertainment!!! And then afterward I feel gypped out of 4 hours of my life. They keep you hanging on until the big awards at the VERY end of the show. Meanwhile, you get to see Best Cinematography!

The Oscars are like candy corn. Its traditional, you feel like you SHOULD like it, you take part every year, and you're disappointed every single time.

Yeah, I fall for it too, but I'm usually surfing channels after the first hour. I check online the next morning.

I do like the candy corn reference...nice! :wallbash:

I don't watch award shows I hate them. I'll just find out the results the next day.

God they're awful!

Great Lewis Black reference.

I hate award shows, too. I was dragged to the Emmy's by a woman I worked with in LA....went to all the parties, etc. I had fun, because I drank champagne all night and had a little something in my pocket...and like my date. But the show was painful to sit through, and the phoniness of the people at the parties was disgusting (but amusing, I admit).

It's been years since I actually sat down and watch the Oscars, but if the host is someone who I think might be funny, I might watch the opening, and flip over to see if he/she is doing anything interesting.

Hugh Jackman really doesn't fit the tradition of hosts for this ceremony, as they tend to be "entertainers" (comedians or some mix of comedic singer/dancer) or comic actors. There have been exceptions, but none quite as bland as Jackman, as far as I can tell. I'm guessing they are getting more sensitive about being the butt of jokes, and probably thought that Hugh's turn at hosting SNL was competent enough.

Great Lewis Black reference.

I hate award shows, too. I was dragged to the Emmy's by a woman I worked with in LA....went to all the parties, etc. I had fun, because I drank champagne all night and had a little something in my pocket...and like my date. But the show was painful to sit through, and the phoniness of the people at the parties was disgusting (but amusing, I admit).

It's been years since I actually sat down and watch the Oscars, but if the host is someone who I think might be funny, I might watch the opening, and flip over to see if he/she is doing anything interesting.

Hugh Jackman really doesn't fit the tradition of hosts for this ceremony, as they tend to be "entertainers" (comedians or some mix of comedic singer/dancer) or comic actors. There have been exceptions, but none quite as bland as Jackman, as far as I can tell. I'm guessing they are getting more sensitive about being the butt of jokes, and probably thought that Hugh's turn at hosting SNL was competent enough.

Glad somebody got it haha.

And I think the choice of Jackman is mostly due to his recent spike in popularity from being People's sexiest man of the year. I do think of him as an entertainer however, as he is more prolific on Broadway than Hollywood, and he is a very good singer. You should catch his rendition of Oklahoma.

Glad somebody got it haha.

And I think the choice of Jackman is mostly due to his recent spike in popularity from being People's sexiest man of the year. I do think of him as an entertainer however, as he is more prolific on Broadway than Hollywood, and he is a very good singer. You should catch his rendition of Oklahoma.

I can hardly wait. :wallbash:

I always watch the Oscars, I just love watching it. Even though it has become so politicized. I find it amazing which films tend to win best picture.

I thought last year's best documentary film category was a joke. Unless you made a documentary that was showing how evil the USA government was or how all the USA soldiers in Iraq are all about destroying civilizations and killing civilians, you automatically got a nomination. Whereas a brilliant documentary, "The King of Kong", gets completely ignored.

I do know what you mean, and I guess I am setting myself up for disappointment every year, yet like an addict I keep coming back every year.

Actually Jackman gets rave reviews when he hosts events(i.e. Tony Awards)......

Actually Jackman gets rave reviews when he hosts events(i.e. Tony Awards)......

From whom? :wallbash:

Honestly, Dibs, I have no idea, as I have never seen him host anything other than SNL (in which, I believe, he was rather ordinary). He might turn out to be fine. But, the Tony awards is a much different event, IMO, than the Oscars.

But, like I said, I think he is less likely to have fun at the audience's (Hollywood stars/producers/etc) expense, and be more respectful to them. Who wants that?

....But, like I said, I think he is less likely to have fun at the audience's (Hollywood stars/producers/etc) expense, and be more respectful to them. Who wants that?

I know what you mean. He comes across extremely 'nice'. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :wallbash: