Programming note: AFC East chat at 3 p.m.

Lori

Don't look at me -- Graham wrote that hed all by his own self.

Stop by at 3 p.m. for chat-tastic mirth

December 12, 2008 12:28 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

This is your weekly reminder we're chatting it up at 3 p.m. Friday.

As my chat regulars (both of them) already know, this is an AFC East chat in name only. We'll discuss whatever wackadoo topics you want to broach.

But, rummaging through what's been popular recently, here are a few potential subjects:

* Who will emerge from the three-way tie for first place?

* The MVP debate.

* The Buffalo Bills' collapse, Dick Jauron's phantom contract and their Toronto fiasco.

* "Maury" among the pantheon of great TV shows.

* Tony Sparano's chances for coach of the year honors.

* Readers who think I hate Brett Favre.

* Readers who think I'm infatuated with Brett Favre.

* Pro Bowl fan balloting.

* "Christmas Vacation" the greatest yuletide film ever made.

* Only one AFC East team making the playoffs.

* Chia Pets, and the grandmothers who love them.

Not sure I'll be around for this one, but I'd be entirely in favor of a Christmas-movie chat-jack. How dare he dis "A Christmas Story" like that? And hey, it beats talking about this dog-ass team right now ...

Edit: I just realized he didn't include a link to said chat. Epic fail.

And just as I type that, the link miraculously appears upon refreshing the page ...

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=24081

Don't look at me -- Graham wrote that hed all by his own self.

Not sure I'll be around for this one, but I'd be entirely in favor of a Christmas-movie chat-jack. How dare he dis "A Christmas Story" like that? And hey, it beats talking about this dog-ass team right now ...

He's a funny guy!

In keeping with his theme, perhaps someone could ask him about the crap-tastic 2008 Buffalo Bills season.

Tell you what ...

When Graham posted this blog about J.P. Losman's admiration for Brett Favre, he didn't know about this little gem:

"I got the opportunity to go down there and play some golf and I said, 'Yeah, I'll play golf with Brett Favre,' Losman said. "He invited me to the house to go pick him up, so I went to the house, and there he was with his tight little shorts, no shirt, his little red hat, and he was doing some farming or something, and he was covered in dirt. It was awesome, man. It was good to see that."

Could be some fun to be had, there ...

Every time I flip through the channels and Maury is on, it's always one of those "Are you the father" episodes.

Bill (York, PA): Jerry Springer >>>>>>> Maury Povich.

SportsNation Tim Graham: (4:56 PM ET ) No way. Springer is staged. That's like saying WWE is better than MMA.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Jeremy (Davie): Do you ever feel Maury and all those shows have to be fake or is there really that large of an amount of whacked out people in our country?

SportsNation Tim Graham: (4:57 PM ET ) I think Maury is real. And there is no shortage of half-wits out there.

Andy (Albany, NY): Tim, you are... NOT the father!!!

SportsNation Tim Graham: (4:58 PM ET ) I just jumped up and started shouting down my monitor. Now I'm waving my index finger at it.

Jeremy: Can't wait for this Jan 25th episode of Maury. "My Fiancee Needs to Know... Her Mom Pays Me for Sex!"

SportsNation Tim Graham: (5:00 PM ET ) You can't beat that ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Mike (FL): Are we really STILL talking about Maury?

SportsNation Tim Graham: (5:02 PM ET ) I was done with it, but since you asked ...

Bet you'll never, ever see that on anyone else's ESPN chat. Now, whether that's a good or a bad thing is open to debate.

And while I managed to sneak in a couple of one-liners, he didn't take the bait on Losman/Favre. Ah well ...